mitch911 is offline Member

different types of brown rice?

are there different types of brown rice..i picked up one and it basically cooks to a texture of oatmeal..says 100% long grain brown rice...another month i grabbed a different bag..but the rice comes out pretty much like white rice a little darker tho and has the same white rice texture..the texture of normal rice .my mom got me the first one i tried and .im sick of this brown rice mush i always make what types do u guys get and how does it turn out ..maybe im cooking it wrong but really from far u wouldnt know the difference between this type of brown rice and my oatmeal

Jakspro is offline Member
    i got a rice cooker... a freakin awesome one... i toss the rice in it at night and it has a set timer so when i wake up at 6:00 the rice just got done cooking... also i leave the rice in there all day cause it has a warmer setting after its done cooking... wow, best investment, rice comes out perfect every time... Only thing is that i have come to hate brown rice...

Oh and there are several types of brown rice, other than long, medium and short grain... I saw some Brown Basmati rice today, forgot the other kind of brown Target had...

ok cool...when i bought th brown rice that actually turned out lookin like rice grain(a good thing) i thought there was no way it was brown rice so i dnt eat much of it

yea, my rice cooker has a setting for brown rice, and when its done it doesn't look the same as if it were boiled... but it doesn't taste that much greater... just looks better... ehh tomorrow is gonna be a hot sauce/brown rice day

Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro
    yea, my rice cooker has a setting for brown rice, and when its done it doesn't look the same as if it were boiled... but it doesn't taste that much greater... just looks better... ehh tomorrow is gonna be a hot sauce/brown rice day
    if u wanna try something else after....try rice cut up pieces of chicken franks hot sauce and 1 slice nofat cheese as ppwo ..tastes awesome

Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member
    Why is brown rice better than white rice? White is still full of carbs...is it that bad to eat white rice?

White rice has a higher GL... Brown is lower... But i'll be honest, I interchange the two, just cuz i can only eat so much brown rice before it kills me... sorta why i dont pound oats 3 days in a row, i'll get sick of them.

Thread Information