Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Pre Contest Diet

Ok guy's,
    I really need to know what your take on this is. A freind of mind from another gym ran his diet down to me on what he ate a week BEFORE a contest. The only reason that I am asking is I plan to compete next year and I was really bothered by what I heard. Now I know that one can not adhere to anothers diet plan. Don't get me wrong, it was just that this was really odd to here from someone who was obivsouily in great shape.

Mind you this is one week prior to a contest. Let's say for simplistic reasons that the contest is on a Saturday.

Mon-Wednesday- He would bombard his diet with chicken, tuna, protien shakes as much as possibly making this approx. 95% of his entire diet.

Thurs-Fri- He would buy about 20 to 30 lbs of sweet potatoes. This would make up his entire diet. NOTHING but sweet potaotes. No butter, just sweet potaotes.

Saturday- ( Contest day) He would eat nothing befoer the contest, after the contest, diet was out the window and he ate what ever he craved for a reward.

So what do you think? Bull sh@# or somthing worth considering?
    IC

Venus! is offline Female Member
    Wow different to say the least!! I guess after eating all those sweet potatoes there would be no chance of being depleted lol

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Well ... his diet is real vague ...... There is a clear science behind contest preperation ... that would even involve not even drinking water 1-2 days prior to event .... so YES and NO .... There are many weeks of agony that await you ... I wouldnt worry too much about the last week of your diet till you start your program ... now at 2 lbs a week dropping diets willl usually be from 12-36 weeks depending on how out of shape the person is .... DIET is 80% your final outcome ...Take it very seriously or not at all ...

When you are nearing you final weeks I suggest you search out a veteran competitor to help with some of the MAJOR pit-falls that WILL befall you ...

Good luck

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Oh and BTW ..... Now that I re-read your post ... with the splitting of his carbs and proteins on seperate days ...

HE IS AN IDIOT >>>>>>> dont do it bro .... How did he look at his comp anyway ...did he even make the cut for the evening show ? many things will help whether or not to listen to some one ... how they placed will help ...hehe

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Well it's a good carb up. I mean, total depletion days before, then 20 lbs of sweet potatoes, talk about CARB up. ..maybe a little overboard, but if it works...it works.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    you HAVE to have someone helping you who can see you on a regular basis...asking advice on here and wherever else is good...and even posting progress pix is good...but as you get closer and closer to your show...your body can change (and will change) within hours of each other depending on what you are eating...and by that point, you will have lost all sense of reality and judgment and will be experiencing extreme mind-fucks that you need someone who knows how certain foods affect you (i.e. someone who has been looking at you the whole time you've been dieting) and who will honestly assess your physique

that being said...the last week can make or break you...find someone who knows what they're doing or it's possible you just went through months of hell for nothing
    What happens here, stays here

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Primo, no jokes THIS time..

Good point. I don't know if this was at the top....but BUMP....for Tobez.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Thanks

Yeah, I'm was already planning at that phase to have Bob ( an freind of mine who has competed but it was at least 7 to 8 years since he has competed) to help me out. The diet plan was from another guy that I have known casually from the gym for awhile. He claims to have competed and he does have the build for it although I do not know how he placed in any comps. that he has been in the past or how many for that matter. It was just a breif conversation that we had in the gym when he ran down this diet to me. Thanks for the help, I'm sure in the upcoming months I will be posting alot more.
    IC

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    woops...for some reason it arranged the posts from oldest to newest. hehe, sorry guys.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    dude no one runs the exact same contest diet as the other competitor, each competitor's diet is diffrent from the next, for instants my bud just finished a show and he ate nothing but fish for 10weeks he ate 3lbs a day, some carb up some go lowcarb, you just have to figuer out what works for you but i would have to say that this diet your friend used is BS, any serious competitor never gives out his or her contest diet exspecilly if they place.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    woops...for some reason it arranged the posts from oldest to newest. hehe, sorry guys.
    D'oh!

Thread Information