diponyou is offline Associate Member

tryin to gain size,but man i got no money

hey well you mite remember a thread i posted a couple weeks back saying that i was so broke i couldnt afford to eat.well i can afford food now but just not a whole lot of food.well heres the meals i have been eating it varies just not greatley.
    meal one:4 eggs,oatmeal,banana

meal two:2 cans of tuna,either in a sandwich or by itself.if not at work i will also make some rice or something.

meal threeost workout-2 cans of tuna,either by itself or wit bread

meal four:chicken breast,cup of rice,broccoli,and some cheese

well i cant afford protein rite now so i havent been taking protein but next check im gonna buy some.

well i am trying to gain size but i know im not eating enough but what could i do to improve my caloric intake on a budget.thanks guys,im poor

cmon some help ladies.jk

but what could i eat before i go to bed,like a snakc with alot of protein.

also what are some good snacks i could make that are filled with protein.thanks guys

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    natty butter

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Well first off, heres a little list at the top of my head of good items that arent too expensive.

Oats, rice, tuna, ground beef, green veggies, PB, eggs, dextrose, cottage cheese, chicken, walnuts etc.

So you can start off working with that.

Also, before bed

I like to eat a cup of cottage cheese, since you get the benefits from the casein protein. i take it with 8 egg whites and 1tbsp of flax oil, or 1/4 cup or walnuts.

This should leave you feeling full.

Aside form that, you can take that little list I gave u, feel free to add on to it, and check out the bulking sticky and make your diet following that guideline.

You should be all set!

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    cornbread is the cheapest way.
    Good as hell. Good nutritional content. Costs 25-33cents a box and has about 900 calories in it.

ttt.....

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    best thing before bed, especially if bulking, is 30-60 grams of whey protein and some high glycemic carbohydrate (ie simple sugars) like dextrose, orange juice, etc. You don't want a lot of the carbohydrate, but enough to spike yoru insulin levels, as insulin plays a large role in protein transport into cells. What you eat before bed is almost as important as PWO, IMO. Your body does most of its growing at night (the same hormones that regulate your sleep/wake cycle stimulate your GH production; your pineal gland), and right when you fall asleep is when your body releases most of it's daily GH.

Montgomery

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery
    best thing before bed, especially if bulking, is 30-60 grams of whey protein and some high glycemic carbohydrate (ie simple sugars) like dextrose, orange juice, etc. You don't want a lot of the carbohydrate, but enough to spike yoru insulin levels, as insulin plays a large role in protein transport into cells. What you eat before bed is almost as important as PWO, IMO. Your body does most of its growing at night (the same hormones that regulate your sleep/wake cycle stimulate your GH production; your pineal gland), and right when you fall asleep is when your body releases most of it's daily GH.

Montgomery
    very sick joke........very sick!

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery

Montgomery
    Yeah and Carbohydrate feeding before bed does nothing for GH. I'd love to see where you got this info from. I would never ever say for somone to consume a High GI carb before bed. If anything you want a low Gi slow digesting carb to help keep you anabolic or not catabolic during the night. Hi Gi before bed is a bad idea.

Growth Hormone Secretion during Sleep
    Y. Takahashi, D. M. Kipnis, and W. H. Daughaday

Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Metabolism Division, St. Louis, Missouri 63110

This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.

Abstract

Plasma growth hormone (GH), insulin, cortisol, and glucose were measured during sleep on 38 nights in eight young adults. Blood was drawn from an indwelling catheter at 30-min intervals; EEG and electrooculogram were recorded throughout the night. In seven subjects, a plasma GH peak (13-72 mμg/ml) lasting 1.5-3.5 hr appeared with the onset of deep sleep. Smaller GH peaks (6-14 mμg/ml) occasionally appeared during subsequent deep sleep phases. Peak GH secretion was delayed if the onset of sleep was delayed. Subjects who were awakened for 2-3 hr and allowed to return to sleep exhibited another peak of GH secretion (14-46 mμg/ml). Peak GH secretion was not correlated with changes in plasma glucose, insulin, and cortisol. The effects of 6-CNS-active drugs on sleep-related GH secretion were investigated. Imipramine (50 mg) completely abolished GH peaks in two of four subjects, whereas chlorpromazine (30 mg), phenobarbital (97 mg), diphenylhydantoin (90 mg), chlordiazepoxide (20 mg), and isocarboxazid (30 mg) did not inhibit GH peaks. Altered hypothalamic activity associated with initiation of sleep results in a major peak of growth hormone secretion unrelated to hypoglycemia or changes in cortisol and insulin secretion.

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    truly unbelievable....I think he was serious too.....anyways, casein and some healthy fats.....I do about 1 cup (250g) dry curd cottage cheese and a couple good size handfuls of peanuts,almonds, pistachios, etc......IMHO, ideal.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    That exactly my protocol, Cottage Cheese and some Flax!

haha cool.thanks guys.is there a better type of cottage cheese to buy

Thread Information