Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

opinions on ketchup

I'm bored, eating some eggwhites with ketchup on them- and I was just wondering how you guys feel about ketchup- do you try to stay away from it? I got to have it on my eggs, hamburgers, and occasional fries. Shit I guess I'm really bored.

SOLID

jbrand is offline Member

Re: opinions on ketchup

Originally posted by Iwan2bsolid2
    I'm bored, eating some eggwhites with ketchup on them- and I was just wondering how you guys feel about ketchup- do you try to stay away from it? I got to have it on my eggs, hamburgers, and occasional fries. Shit I guess I'm really bored.

SOLID
    Ketchup doesn't offer anything nutritional-wise but I have never been able to take it out of my diet -- except when I was on a ketogenic diet. I am one of those people who use a bottle of ketchup in 2 days.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Hey if you can get it over there try WATTIES TOMATO SAUCE its our version of ketchup and its awesome probably less salt and sugar in it to..........HITMAN

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I guess it all boils down to how fanatical you get on your diet! For me, I think that almost anything in moderation is accpetable, but than again, I am not doing any contest preparation.

My experience with diets is that if you go too strict, you run the risk of burn out. You need to enjoy eating or it gets to be too burdensome to diet.

So, have some ketchup!

good opinions everyone. I have heard some good things about ketchup that it can help prevent prostate cancer, something due to the tomatoes can't remember exactly.

WATTIES huh- I'll look around for it.

9natural9 is offline Banned
    i use rotel in my eggs.....

NoLimits is offline Member
    Salsa on eggs and baked potatoes...

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Low carb dieters should stay away from Ketchup completely. Basically it is processed sugar (high frutose corn syrup). There is no nutritional value to the stuff, and it adds calories.

If you feel complelled to eat ketchup, Walden Farms makes a 0 carb kind that is supposedly calorie free too. Looks and tastes about the same as the regular stuff to me. Its available at some supermarkets and on the Web for $3.99 a bottle.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Rotel is awesome 9. I usually use Salsa, it may be a better nutritional source than ketchup. It is licopene in the tomatoes that is good for you and your prostate.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Hell yes on the salsa. My grandfather makes his own. I go through about three jars a week.

devland2 is offline Junior Member
    hard boilded eggs with tabasco on them every day after the gym, wash them down with my protein shake

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by scottp999
    Rotel is awesome 9. I usually use Salsa, it may be a better nutritional source than ketchup. It is licopene in the tomatoes that is good for you and your prostate.
    What's Rotel?

Walden Farms makes a no carb Salsa too. I think is 100% chemicals, but mmmmmmm its tasty. I have to buy stock in Walden Farms.

Where do they sell Walden Farms - in local grocery stores, Albertsons, Ralphs, Vons? And what is ROTEL? I like salsa on eggs...pace picante, it can't beat the taste of ketchup.

plornive is offline New Member
    La Victoria gree salsa --- basically no calories!

Where do they sell Walden Farms - in local grocery stores, Albertsons, Ralphs, Vons? And what is ROTEL? I like salsa on eggs...pace picante, it can't beat the taste of ketchup.
    Its tough to find but they sometimes have it in Waldbaums and the International Market has it. If they don't haave it in your local supermarket, they sell it all over the net. Try www.waldenfarms.com as a good starting point.

thanks, I'll check it out

SOLID

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    good opinions everyone. I have heard some good things about ketchup that it can help prevent prostate cancer, something due to the tomatoes can't remember exactly.

Lycopene.

Tomatoes are loaded with lycopene, a natural and potent antioxidant — twice as powerful, in fact, as the better known beta-carotene.
    A few years back tomatoes hit the headlines when Edward Giovannucci, a researcher at Harvard Medical School, announced that a diet rich in spaghetti sauce, pizza, and stewed tomatoes may lower prostate cancer risk. There's further evidence that tomatoes may also reduce the risks of pancreatic, bladder, cervical, and digestive tract cancers, says Inke Paetau, a researcher at the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Most research points to lycopene, a cancer-fighting antioxidant particularly abundant in tomatoes. Watermelon, pink grapefruit, and guava are rich sources as well.

Originally posted by PaPaPumP

Lycopene.

Tomatoes are loaded with lycopene, a natural and potent antioxidant — twice as powerful, in fact, as the better known beta-carotene.
    A few years back tomatoes hit the headlines when Edward Giovannucci, a researcher at Harvard Medical School, announced that a diet rich in spaghetti sauce, pizza, and stewed tomatoes may lower prostate cancer risk. There's further evidence that tomatoes may also reduce the risks of pancreatic, bladder, cervical, and digestive tract cancers, says Inke Paetau, a researcher at the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Most research points to lycopene, a cancer-fighting antioxidant particularly abundant in tomatoes. Watermelon, pink grapefruit, and guava are rich sources as well.

hmmm...nice info P.

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    I eat salsa with everything

Thread Information