BIGSNOR is offline Associate Member

Carb supplement.... cant get all the carbs down

hey guys, bulking on cycle right now and I can barely manage to get my protein down let alone all the carbs i need. i've got it figured down to 150 grams of carbs per meal, im 264 right now, eating between 1.5 and 2 grams of pro, and i have a small stomach in the first place. I CANT STAND EATING ALL THESE CARBS!!!!! anyone know a drink or something i can eat to help me hit my goals. i dont want sugars though, cuz i wanna put on quality muscle mass. so keeping sugars as low as possible is a must. let me know. thanks.

caddilac is offline Associate Member
    You can get maltodextrin which is a carb supplement in powder form. Depending on which brand you buy there is something like 50g of carbs per 1/2 cup.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    150g of carbs per meal seems like a lot of food..... but then again if you are 264lbs then I guess your body needs those ammounts to grow.

Either way, I wouldn't resort to carb drinks etc, real clean food is best. Maybe try adding another meal in and lowering the portion sizes of the others so you don't feel like you are gorging yourself with food.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I agree w/LMO, even at 264 I don't see 150 grams of carbs at EVERY meal being needed.

H*ll, when I was 283 I never even ate close to that much per meal and I was still growing. You may have a faster metabolism, yes, but I still don't see that many carbs in one sitting being productive.

However, bottom line is to go w/what works for you.

~SC~

Phixion is offline New Member
    If your having that much trouble getting it down then it's probably a sign that you are trying to burden yourself with to many carbs...

You shouldn't have to force yourself that much, and if so then most likely it isn't a good thing....

yah thats just what a local bodybuilder/and personal trainer that owns my gym told me, and Pro bodybuilder Don Long lives in my town and is this guys right hand man, and thats what don has him eating. so he put me on the same deal and wants to get 2 or 3 grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight at each meal. I like eating 6 meals per day. I've decided tonight that he is retarded, there is no possible way this would be productive for me. after i eat that im so full i cant eat for like 4 hours. I know suck it up and dont be a pussy but with all the protein I have to eat as well the combination is just retarded. i know it would be better to get smaller amounts in more often, as i try and eat every 2 and a half hours. so what do you guys think would be good for 6 meals for me. shoot for 100grams of carbs meal? i could handle that while eating all my protein as well.

breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal(app 60 grams)
    mid morning: 2 servings of carbo hits supplement(app 100 grams)

lunch; 2 servings brown rice(80-90 grams)
    mid afternoon- 1 baked potato and 2 bowls of cereal(100 grams)

workout

PWO meal- 100 grams dextrose w/ 3 scoops of whey

dinner- 2 scoops carbo hits- 100 grams

bed time snack- 1 cup of oats w/ sugar free maple syrup
    2 slices of whole wheat bread w/butter (around 100 grams)

You count a couple grams here and ther from condiments and minimal amounts in protien powders and PB etc etc and your close to 700 gram /day, thats plenty to grow off of.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i just started blendin oats into all my shakes, easy way to squeeze in some carbs.

shouldnt i avoid carbs before bedtime seeing that i dont want to put on any more fat than is necessary?? i mean im at 11% right now and im used to being around 9 or 10 so i dont wanna go much past this, just didnt know how much the extra carbs before bedtime would contibute to fat storage.

ThePump is offline Member
    The food intake from eating 6x a day and eating such size portions should keep your metabolism running pretty smoothly so you'll be burning fat. so if you eat before bet time... it shouldn't matter.

Thread Information