devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member

What does your "cheat day" consist of while dieting?

Just curious to know what you guys (or gals) eat on your cheat day. Mine was today and let me tell it was awful!! I don't think I've eaten that shitty in like 2 yrs. Cookies, cupcakes, strawberry shortcake you name it. Hope your cheat days go better than mine

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Its not this high in carbs anymore, cuz this is the last month of dieting down to low bf, so I'm getting down and dirty...but for the past month or so, it's been.

Meal 1: 40g whey, 100g carbs in the form of Hot cereal( rolled oats, barley, rye, wheat), made into a pancake and drenched in keto syrup.
    Meal 2: Same as 1...can't get enough of those pancakes.
    Meal 3: 99% Fat Free Turkey Burger with 100g of wild rice and stir fry veggies mixed with fat free sour cream, and some La victoria taco sauce
    Meal 4: p/w-o -- 40g whey, 100g of entenmanns fat free rasberry cheescake. or 100g worth of snack wells fat free Devil's Food cookies.
    Meal 5: 20 egg whites, 2 T peanut butter and broc mixed in a bowl...dont knock it till u tried it, its bomb.
    Meal 6: 2 Chicken breasts with 1T peanut butter
    Meal 7: 15 egg whites and 2T pb.

There she is...obviously not exact, but on more than occasion that was it exactly.

400ish carbs, 400ish protein, 50g fat (42 healthy fat)

Sexual Mustard is offline New Member
    let me tell ya guys something...when I cheat, I cheat RIGHT! You heard it:

Chinese Buffet
    Cupcakes
    Gobs of Peanut Butter
    Coconut Ice cream
    Bananas
    Chocolate Chip Cookies
    Fried Cream Cheese Wonton Puffs
    Fried Rice
    Boston Market
    Chips
    BK Croissan'wiches
    Pizza
    Lots of bread
    hash Browns
    Fruit juices
    Cinnamon Rolls
    Tacos

and this is a true-to-life example of what I ate in just one of my cheat days.... I had 2 total all-out cheat days, and two separate cheat meals on separate days during my precontest.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I just started a cutting cycle....6 days strict dieting and one free day. Here's what I ate yesterday:

8:00- 2 bacon croissandwiches washed down with a coke + coffe and cream

12:30- a whopper/cheese combo + a cheesburger...again washed down with a coke

1:00- a double scoop chocolate ice cream cone

6:00- 4 slices of meat lovers pizza....again coke

8:00- a small bag of doritos.......and you guessed it...Coke!

I felt like shit and slept like shit. I was up at 6:00am busting some cardio, I'm back to eating super clean again today, and I've decided to change my free day to a free "meal" next week...as part of my carb loading day.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Still drink your water pete... all that coke .. go diet coke still have water on cheat days...

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Always Pizza & Michelob lite..Thats ALWAYS my cheat food. mmmmmmm

Pete what is with you and coke for breakfast Seems to me you had that at my place? Or just over dry from all the beer day before? ( i was good this long) BTY - was fun driving your car (pete was at my place for show and needed a DD to get back to night show....) J/K buddy....

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I have cheat nights. Friday or Sat. or both. A night of shots, double tall Crown and diets, and beer. Followed up by a 4am stop at IHOP for a Big Country Breakfst or Eggs Benadict. Damn I love the weekends.

Originally posted by eye_candy
    Pete what is with you and coke for breakfast Seems to me you had that at my place? Or just over dry from all the beer day before? ( i was good this long) BTY - was fun driving your car (pete was at my place for show and needed a DD to get back to night show....) J/K buddy....
    Yeah EC....for some reason I love coke when I'm hungover, besides it went well with the Belgian Waffles and scrambled eggs . And yes I most definately needed a DD to get to the evening show LOL!!

O well this summer i will be able to drink for 1st time in a long time... can't wait...

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Pete, don't feel bad...Coke is my hangover medicine too...It must be the carbonation....It makes me feel so much better!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I'm a juice man on hangovers. I drink 1-1/2 gallons of either cranberry or orange juice within three hours of waking up. Sugar like a MoFo

Pop cyclices(sp) not sure on spelling, but for the really bad morning when water will not stay down.. they work not too bad.

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    Alcohol: The Ultimate Cheat Food.
    Crown and Diet Coke is my favorite.

DC24 is offline Junior Member
    BUFFALO WINGS yummy with blue chesse dressing and a long Island Ice Tea hold the coke and put in some pineapple jucie.

Destructo is offline Associate Member
    I like to have a root-beer float every now and then. Never get hangovers because I have zero-tolerance:after two drinks in an hour I'm hammered and thirsty for a gallon of water.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Damn Pheedno, I love those 4AM IHOP Big Country Breakfasts to!! Can't get enough of the biscuits and gravy...

I usually start my cheat day on Fri night by drinking beer...
    Sat I eat Chinese food, pizza, ice cream and of course more beer!

When I was very strict(just one cheat meal) my stomach hurt soooo bad when I switched to an entire day of eating junk...I went to the Outback and had the cheese fries...I was up most of the night puking from the grease, bacon and ranch dressing...I get sick just thinking about Aussie cheese fries now...

plornive is offline New Member
    Pop-Tarts,
    Subway,
    cereal,
    oats,
    spaghetti,
    spaghetti Os

Damn....we sure are the prime example of strict dieting! People...take notes...Ain't gonna find it better anywhere else.

Originally posted by Babyweight
    Pete, don't feel bad...Coke is my hangover medicine too...It must be the carbonation....It makes me feel so much better!
    Well if we ever go out on a big piss up together, we can hook up the next morning for breakfast and split a gallon of Coke Classic

(Before anybody reads into this, note that I said "hook up the next morning" implying that I would be sleeping with my wife that evening and BW would be sleeping with her BF. I know some minds here at AR can be a little over-reactive so I felt it neccesary to throw in this disclaimer )

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    ONE OF EVERYTHING....

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse

Re: What does your "cheat day" consist of while dieting?

Originally posted by devilscabanaboy19
    Just curious to know what you guys (or gals) eat on your cheat day. Mine was today and let me tell it was awful!! I don't think I've eaten that shitty in like 2 yrs. Cookies, cupcakes, strawberry shortcake you name it. Hope your cheat days go better than mine
    Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream. Also Cherry Garcia. Sometimes a pint of each, back to back. Pecan pie, with ice cream. Baby back ribs, dripping with fat. Enough big macs to feed a busload of starving ethiopian kids and Cheeseburger Sally, too. licky slurpy games with the GFs and hershey's chocolate syrup, gummy bears, maraschino cherries, ice cream, etc. Pizza. Brownies with mint ice cream. More ice cream. And a little more. Dutch Chocolate ice cream in my protein shake. YUMMMMM!!!! I kinda like that ice cream. Great stuff!

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    Choc cake from my work(BOMB), Cheesecake(choc esspresso), BBQ chicken pizza, Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream all out on the mix in's, burger & fries, brownies, cookies, any damn desert that looks good, and Tomorrow...I'm going to have some Good Ol down home southern cooking- ribs galore.

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    Its not this high in carbs anymore, cuz this is the last month of dieting down to low bf, so I'm getting down and dirty...but for the past month or so, it's been.

Meal 1: 40g whey, 100g carbs in the form of Hot cereal( rolled oats, barley, rye, wheat), made into a pancake and drenched in keto syrup.
    Meal 2: Same as 1...can't get enough of those pancakes.
    Meal 3: 99% Fat Free Turkey Burger with 100g of wild rice and stir fry veggies mixed with fat free sour cream, and some La victoria taco sauce
    Meal 4: p/w-o -- 40g whey, 100g of entenmanns fat free rasberry cheescake. or 100g worth of snack wells fat free Devil's Food cookies.
    Meal 5: 20 egg whites, 2 T peanut butter and broc mixed in a bowl...dont knock it till u tried it, its bomb.
    Meal 6: 2 Chicken breasts with 1T peanut butter
    Meal 7: 15 egg whites and 2T pb.

There she is...obviously not exact, but on more than occasion that was it exactly.

400ish carbs, 400ish protein, 50g fat (42 healthy fat)
    Papa, will you post the recipes for meals 1 and 5, please. Also, if this is your cheat day, what in the does your diet consist of. With the exception of the peanutbutter and the cheesecake the rest of your foods look like they make up a hardcore diet anyway. How are they "cheating foods"? Thanks big man.

Everyone "cheats" different, I just eat more healthy foods when I "cheat".

Good question my man. I don't cheat. I don't feel the need to blow the hell up like a water balloon, as I don't compete. I am a major advocate of slow, steady gains. . .not necessary for me to gain 30lbs, only to have to lose 20 of it to look good. I'll take 10-15 solid lbs with minimal fat gain any day. It's just my opinion.

My normal diet??

Well, since the cyc just got completed, I will add a few extra carbs in the mix to keep myself anabolic . But for the past month, on my "on diet" days, here it is.

Meal 1: 1/2 cup oats, 8 oz steak
    Meal 2: 2 chicken breasts, 1 bag of frozen broc/cauli, throw some lo sodium hot sauce...there's 2.
    Meal 3: (Pre workout) 18 pack of egg whites, 2 T of peanut butter, bag of froz. broc/cauli . (Reason I don't eat carbs before workout is I force my body to use stored glycogen for my energy fuel, plus that meal is abundant in EFAs, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids)
    Post workout Meal 4: 1 of those single serving boxes os some sugary cereal, provides a decent insulin spike, along with 40g whey/ 10 glut.
    Meal 5: Same as , minus the PB
    Meal 6: Some lean protein, either chicken, sometimes tuna, more egg whites, fat free turkey burgers, something with minimal fat. No veggies.
    Meal 7: 15 egg whites, 1-2T of pb

***In between meal 6 and 7, I usually have some sugar free jello. ..that usually keeps my sweet tooth in check.

350-400 protein, 50-75 carbs (broc/cauli dont count, as they take more energy to digest, than the actualy energy from the vegetables), 50-60g fat.

If you've read any of my other posts in here, you will know that I rotate my carbs, so this is only a day out my week, sometimes eat 150 carbs, sometimes 0, sometimes 25...keeps my body guessing so my metabolism stays on high all the time.

-Recipes for one are hardly "recipes" .

Oatmeal pancakes, throw some water in plain oats, preferably old fashioned. Put enough water just to cover the top in the bowl, let it sit for a couple minutes (allowing time for the oats to soak up the water). Turn the pan on med-high heat, spray pan with cooking spray...dump oats in and flatten it manually with a spoon or some utensil. Cook until brown on one side, normally 3-5 minutes, flip, and do the same to the other side. Throw on a plate, grab the syrup bottle, and squeeeeeeeeeezzzeeee all over that mug.

The other one, broc , egg whites and pb is simple as well.

Microwave a 16oz package of broc and cauli, or just one or the other. while doing that, use as many egg whites as you want, i usually use 15-20. Cook them up, throw on the piping hot veggies in the bowl that you heated the veggies in, take CREAMY...not chunky, natty PB..and scoop two T of pb. Mix it around and make it look all nasty, and enjoy. Seriously...its so good...so good in fact that I am going to make it right now.

Hope this helped.

Thanks Papa Pump, this helps alot. I'm going to try the eggs/broc/pb special tonight.

Re: Everyone "cheats" different, I just eat more healthy foods when I "cheat".

Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    -Recipes for one are hardly "recipes" .

Oatmeal pancakes, throw some water in plain oats, preferably old fashioned. Put enough water just to cover the top in the bowl, let it sit for a couple minutes (allowing time for the oats to soak up the water). Turn the pan on med-high heat, spray pan with cooking spray...dump oats in and flatten it manually with a spoon or some utensil. Cook until brown on one side, normally 3-5 minutes, flip, and do the same to the other side. Throw on a plate, grab the syrup bottle, and squeeeeeeeeeezzzeeee all over that mug.

The other one, broc , egg whites and pb is simple as well.

Microwave a 16oz package of broc and cauli, or just one or the other. while doing that, use as many egg whites as you want, i usually use 15-20. Cook them up, throw on the piping hot veggies in the bowl that you heated the veggies in, take CREAMY...not chunky, natty PB..and scoop two T of pb. Mix it around and make it look all nasty, and enjoy. Seriously...its so good...so good in fact that I am going to make it right now.

Hope this helped.
    Those pancakes are off the fucking hook I eat oatmeal every morning, but after that I'm really looking forward to waking up tomorrow. Where do you get the keto syrup from, they didn't have any at the grocery store.

Hell ya bros!!! that's what I like to hear. the pb/egg/broc is one of my favorite things to eat, and it's sooooo good for you its not even funny.

as for where to buy it. run a search on .Click here and run a search.

or try a local health food store. while you wait, use equal or splenda. . .cover the top with a thin layer of "pretend" sugar. you're cocked , locked, & ready to rock.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    P is there a reason you get your fat from PB instead of flax or Omega's? Do you think it's as good for you as the latter 2?

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I usualy start the day with some fatty sausage sandwiches or a huge load of pasta and swedish meatballs.
    Then I eat over 2 pounds of french fries with ALOT of dressing.
    Then its time for the ice cream I normaly eat around 2-3 liters of it(920g/2l, 2-3 pounds).
    And 2 bags of potato chips(1 pound total) when I watch a movie with my friends and usualy some dip to.
    And then probably some candy to.
    And before I go to beed another HUGE load of pasta and meatballs with lots of cheese.

Add in 2-3 milkshakes(done from a chocolate weight gainer and icecream and milk) during the day to and thats a cheat day for me.

nedless to say if I wake upp at around 9am the day after I have a hard time not throwing upp because I feel so sick but if I sleep to around 12am Im usualy fine

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Hey gang,

LOL man i am kinda lame.
    My cheat day isnt really that much different. I add a snickers bar and a small can of sprite to my before 6pm last meal.

Besides that i eat clean because it is WAY to easy for me to get back into that cycle of sugar. ( im an ex 3 2-liter a day dr. pepper drinker)

livnnfit is offline Female Member
    Last saturday: pancake, crumpets w/ nutella, eggs and tortilla, macaroons, m&m peanuts, rollo ice cream, pasta, cheese cake, gummy bears, protein bar and bagels, pizza. Felt really bloated and sick all day. But damn it was worth it. I've been trying to convince my tariner that it's a good idea to do this every saturday as it helped me loose two pounds. (I've already convinced myself it was a good idea).
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" www.tracystar.com

BIG R is offline Member
    I think that Sexual Mustard Needed a shot of some slin after that binge out!!

My cheat meal is ALL YOU CAN EAT CHINESE BUFFET! General Cho TSO chicken all of the way. I'll eat like 6 plates till I can't even walk. Love the stuff.

Big R.

mike2112 is offline Associate Member
    I usually do 2 half cheat days on the weekend cause I sleep til 1pm on saturday and sunday...
    It is composed of nutella,ice cream,pizza....damn I love those cheat days,I make them even when I'm on cutting cycle !!! it makes me feel so good!!
    Hey papapump,I do that kind of pancakes everyday and I don't consider them as a cheat meal...
    do you think it's a good idea to have cheat days even when on maintain diet? no risk to see fat gains do you think??
    I made it in cutting cycle to re-launch the metabolism but in maintaining diet,I have doubt....HELP BROS PLEASE !!!!!!!!

Expendable is offline Associate Member
    On cheat day I usually pick a different fast food restaurant. Last sunday it was KFC... Bigcrunch sandwhich and poutine... DELIC. The sunday before that was McD's. Bigmac... bigextra... extra large fries and 10 mcnuggets. The Sunday before that was Burger King.... Double whopper meal... yum. I look forward to Sunday lol.

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    on a keto diet is it ok to eat as much as you want on a cheat day ?......like around 5000 cals or more?.......would that make you gain weight or actually help you lose more weight ?can eating too much efct any weightgain ?

Thread Information