Thread: Snacks...

Terinox is offline The One & Only

Snacks...

I'm trying to stick to a strict diet. Less fat, more protein. Running a simple/basic cycle of Enanthate , and I know that's not great for cutting or anything, and I don't really want to cut per say, but I am looking to just get stronger, and more muscular, and stay at about the same weight (181 at the moment).

Regardless of that, I often get those cravings for something "yummy" to eat. And being a univ. student, I'm either in class, or studying, or sleeping, so it's hard to stick to diets sometimes, but anyways, I'm basically looking for healthy snacks, that you guys know for sure are healthy, and taste good though. If it has protein in it, that's a plus, but not necessary.

ANYTHING really is a good suggestion, I mean, as long as it's healthy but tastes good. What have you guys tried? Do you make your own treats? What do you use? Etc...

Thanks,
    T.

KingJames23 is offline Associate Member
    I have the same problem u do being a college student. Staying to a diet is near impossible.... When i was on a strict diet over the summer, my snack food was protein chips that had little carbs and fat and high protein.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I had the same problem, I always craved something shitty, like McD, sandwiches, chocolates....

But I was on a ver long cutter this year, for about 4-5 months, carbs pretty low, not keto or anything but low, cheated once a week, and now since I'm bulking the healthy carbs (oatmeal, rice, potatoes) fulfill me so much I don't even crave sh!t anymore, the ironic thing is I could get away with it while bulking but I just don't have the need, I stopped pizza and all sorts of sweets, mys only vice is McD once ever 2 weeks or so (and I'm BULKING )

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    You could try making your own protein bars, there are some good recipes in the recipe forum...

Anyway, stick to your diet more, especially since you're on cycle, coz otherwise you're just wasting your time and money

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    You could try making your own protein bars, there are some good recipes in the recipe forum...

Anyway, stick to your diet more, especially since you're on cycle, coz otherwise you're just wasting your time and money

yep i can vouch for the home made protein bars (as it was me who put the thread up there )

i hear what your sayin too BOR - i always crave crap food when cutting (mcdonalds in particular) and hardly crave it at all when bulking

Okay thanks, I'll check out the bars, and see what else I find.

biggnik56 is offline Associate Member
    the Met-rx pro chips were awesome, but i think they were dis-continued

bolin is offline Associate Member
    i usually have a protein bar and fruit.........but I try to eat as much as i can on my meals so that i dont get hungry ( i eat every 2 hours)

When I am cutting I do not snack at all.......

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Stallone's pudding is pretty good.

I do n ot know how truthfull the label is....but It has to be better than giving to a snicker bar.

20g pro
    2g carb (1 fiber, 0 sugar)
    2g fat (.5 sat)

100 cal.

And they taste pretty damn good.

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    Stallone's pudding is pretty good.

I do n ot know how truthfull the label is....but It has to be better than giving to a snicker bar.

And they taste pretty damn good.
    I second that... I was impressed, best served cold though.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyZ23
    yeh...I left one in the car on a warm day.....SOUP

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyZ23
    i suppose you could add some ingredient to it to make it a pro/fat meal - almonds perhaps

its expensive though, i would rather make my own snaks
    i hate paying loads of money for designer goods (they are about double the price n the UK - no joke)

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    dont buy the stallone puddings make your own with sugar free pudding and protein powder. try different combinations with different flavors of pudding and protein. if you want to make it a protein fat meal add some almonds and blend it, if you want protein carb and some raw oatmeal. gives it some nice texture. you can also do the same with yogurt. get plain yogurt add a little protein , raw oats and sugar free pudding. my favorite is the new sugar free cheese cake flavored pudding . add that to 1/2 cup plain yogurt and 1/2 cup raw oats. damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    dont buy the stallone puddings make your own with sugar free pudding and protein powder. try different combinations with different flavors of pudding and protein. if you want to make it a protein fat meal add some almonds and blend it, if you want protein carb and some raw oatmeal. gives it some nice texture. you can also do the same with yogurt. get plain yogurt add a little protein , raw oats and sugar free pudding. my favorite is the new sugar free cheese cake flavored pudding . add that to 1/2 cup plain yogurt and 1/2 cup raw oats. damn good.
    When you say add protein, do you actually mean the protein powder? Just add it like that?

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    pumpkin seeds

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    yes, the protein powder itself. try different flavor combinations. i also have a flavorless protein you can pick up from all the whey. i believe optimum nutrition sells a flavorless one as well thats made for adding to foods or baked goods. dont even taste it.

Thread Information