insanepump621 is offline Member

Best Post-Workout protein shake?

Just wondering what everyones thoughts were on the best (nutritionally)protein shake for post-workout on the market right now.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Any good ole Protein shake will suffice, add your own carbs and save money.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    My absolute favorite protein is Syntrax Nectar's "Crystal Sky".

OMG, it's like bubble gum with fruity flavors mixed in...........just that w/water is pure sin.......

With dextrose it should be illegal.

~SC~

insanepump621 is offline Member
    Thanks alot guys, im happy both of you responded since out of all the posts i read u both seem to make the most sense about anything. thanks again.

That's good to hear!

~SC~

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    My absolute favorite protein is Syntrax Nectar's "Crystal Sky".

OMG, it's like bubble gum with fruity flavors mixed in...........just that w/water is pure sin.......

With dextrose it should be illegal.

~SC~
    Lucky you, cause i bought that flavor a little while ago and it tastes nasty to me. Also theres something about a blue protein shake that i just find strange. Dont ask me why, i guess im just weird.

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    Lucky you, cause i bought that flavor a little while ago and it tastes nasty to me. Also theres something about a blue protein shake that i just find strange. Dont ask me why, i guess im just weird.

There was some science writeup I read awhile back...It stated that the color blue was deemed the most un-appetizing/unappealing color for foods...or something like that...

-shaokahn-

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i use isopure. its expensive but i like the fact that it doesnt really have a taste (the vanilla kind anyway). i think the worst protein i ever had was Bsn Lean Dessert Protein - Cinnamon Roll. i seriously threw up. that was the first time since mom's okra that i got sick from something that tasted bad
    ever since then i am afraid to try any new flavors.

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    I tried that Nectar protien, whatever the blue flavor is. My shit was extra dark, when I wiped my ass, it was blue on the paper! Swear. Needless to say I stopped taking it, went back to ON's gold whey.

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    i use isopure.
    Good choice. Whey protein isolate has the highest bioavailability and therefor is absorbed better than other proteins. While isopure is expensive, you can check out kilosports.com, where a 2.2 pound tub of (natural) whey protein isolate sells for only $25. Or if you're feeling extra hungry, they have a 50 pound bag for $350. I've ordered from them before and the turn-around is superb.

Bsn Lean Dessert Protein - Cinnamon Roll.
    Yes, very nasty as a shake...but, I did try it as a pudding mmm so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    you can check out kilosports.com, where a 2.2 pound tub of (natural) whey protein isolate sells for only $25.
    Betterbodz.com has 3lb canisters of zero carb isopure for $26.95 and 7.5lb tubs for $69.95.

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Yes, very nasty as a shake...but, I did try it as a pudding mmm so good!
    I'll have to take your word on that one

oh yeah...Necter protein is nasty too. I had strawberry kiwi and this stuff didnt even mix right in the shaker...it was all lumpy and tasted like that flouride stuff you used to have to have at the dentist.

Strange, my stuff mixes in less than 10 seconds w/a spoon.

~SC~

maybe i just got a bad flavor. i used a shaker cup too, so maybe thats why it was lumpy.

jonnie5_5 is offline Junior Member
    I use TrueProtein.com's protein. You can make your own mixes of protein and other supplements. It is also cheap and very high quality. My discount code is JHG682 and that will give anyone a 5% discount on their products as well.

on

isnt optimum nutrition the standard?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnie5_5
    I use TrueProtein.com's protein. You can make your own mixes of protein and other supplements. It is also cheap and very high quality. My discount code is JHG682 and that will give anyone a 5% discount on their products as well.
    phil?

jonnie5_5 is offline Junior Member
    nope...

grimnlock is offline Associate Member
    oh yeah...Necter protein is nasty too. I had strawberry kiwi and this stuff didnt even mix right in the shaker...it was all lumpy and tasted like that flouride stuff you used to have to have at the dentist.
    Normally if your water or milk or whatever you use to add the protein with is warm... they end up all lumpy...

Try addin your mixing substance while its cold... they don't lump up that easily. Just my 2cents.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    I love Nlarge2...56 grams of protein and 86 grams of fast acting carbs in 4 scoops...how can you beat that?

Quote Originally Posted by grimnlock
    Normally if your water or milk or whatever you use to add the protein with is warm... they end up all lumpy...

Try addin your mixing substance while its cold... they don't lump up that easily. Just my 2cents.
    thanks man...i was under SC spell (again...dammit) and i ordered some crystal skye. The place i got it from was real cheap. like $17 or something so i figured what the hell. i sill definitely try the cold water thing. plus, i think when my dex gets in, all my shake will be a lot better tasting. BTW, where do you guys get that crap? I've looked at GNC, Vit World, Vit Cottage, and a whole foods store...they have malto and dex mixes (which are flavored, yuk) but no straight dex. i ended up ordering some dextrose crysals from my usual online place. but they take forever to ship it to me. bitch, bitch...and more bitch. sorry! hehe

TEXAS is offline Junior Member
    I like "ALLTHEWHEY",& "Isopure" something more than good to me. I have tried more than a flavor, and all of them are okay !!

Thread Information