BodyTalk is offline Junior Member

Manual workers and Labourers !!!

Hi guys

I work in an office, so handy for me the fridge is only a few meters away and I can pretty much eat what I want when I want.

I am just curious to know how and what you guys who do manual labour jobs eat, I mean, how do you keep food chilled, how do you store it and what exactly do you eat ?

Any thoughts ?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    That's a good question, I work in a Nice Air Conditioned office too

We gotta have some contruction workers in the house???

Austex is offline Member
    Tupperware and an Igloo cooler...and protein bars. I pack my meals for the entire day, minus breakfast meals which I have at home. When to busy to stop, I may eat 10-12 times in the day...just much smaller portions every hour or so. It is definately much harder to maintain a strict schedule, but I try my best anyways to get the macros I need. Working long nights is a killer too. I train in the mornings, which is alright but not what I prefer for weight training.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Tupperware and an Igloo cooler...and protein bars. I pack my meals for the entire day, minus breakfast meals which I have at home. When to busy to stop, I may eat 10-12 times in the day...just much smaller portions every hour or so. It is definately much harder to maintain a strict schedule, but I try my best anyways to get the macros I need. Working long nights is a killer too. I train in the mornings, which is alright but not what I prefer for weight training.
    i hear ya...night shift sucks. every morning when i got off i would be just draggin so i didnt even lift. once i got back on a day sched i saw results within weeks.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Its not that bad i eat before work 6:30 get a coffee break again at 9 (protein shake)...lunch at noon (i prepare all my food on sunday for the week. chicken and broccoli) and we're off by 3:15 time for my pre-workout meal...i also usually chew on some beef jerky throughout the day and have some almonds i carry in a zip-lock bag

diesel21 is offline Member
    a huge cooler w/ ike 8 meals in it, better than a fridge, and a thermos when its cold for hot meals

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    ok.. lets say you can't have a cooler..

dehydrated meat.. i do my own.. chicken, beef, deer, turkey..

and i know what's in it..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    did that in the military all the time..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    I work for fedex in one of their warehouses. I move packages from 5pm to midnight sometimes. I get only a ten minute break throughout my entire shift so i guzzle extra water then. As for food... well lately i've been eating tunafish, chicken, protein shakes, and water only. I do this for 8 weeks at a time, this is my 3rd 8 week bananza. But i fill up for sure on these foods when i eat, so i try to avoid fat. Sometimes I add flaxseed oil to my shakes.

I eat after the gym, then head to work with a bottle of water, then i eat a little snack when i get home, and plop out on my bed. It's a very demanding job, packages weigh up to 150 lbs, and there are oodles of them. About 1600 a night, monday through friday. Kind of fun though. =)

I eat a breakfast before work about 6:30am 1000 cal gainer shake, 1 cup (uncooked) oatmeal. Then we break at 10:00 am, I have brought a microwave to the job site so I have steak and eggs, the steak i cook the night before. We break again at 1:00pm where i usuallay heat up chicken, rice and brocolli which I have also prepared the night before. Then we are finished at 3:00pm. inbetween meals at work i snack on stuff like rice cake an almonds

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    I drove a truck 12-14 hours a day(midnight til about 1pm). I'd put 10 scoops of protein(250 grams) with some MCT oil in a thermos and drink it thoughout the day. Plus a bunch of twinkies and vending machine food. It was hard work so the promlem was keeping weight on. Fast food for the first and last meal of the day too.

freakintraining is offline Associate Member
    im a carpenter i eat my breakfast at 6:30, at 9am i eat , 12 i eat, 2:230 i eat, and i pack it in a cooler with ice (i work for family so it is easier on me)

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    When I worked my summer job people would always ask me what I had today. Despite the fact that I would eat the same thing everyday. Some people are just easily amused I guess. Anybody else have to deal with people like that?

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    When I worked my summer job people would always ask me what I had today. Despite the fact that I would eat the same thing everyday. Some people are just easily amused I guess. Anybody else have to deal with people like that?
    all the time. everyone always has something to say about the food i eat. "is that cat food" "dont you ever get sick of eating the same thing every day?" "why are you on a diet, you dont need to lose weight" etc. it was annoying at first, but ive learned to deal with it. plus, i know they are just jealous anyway

decadbal is offline Banned
    everyone makes fun of my gallons of water and my cooler of food.. screw them

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Ive worked some places where people dont eat ALL DAY. They REALLY dont understand. Oh well-Like Decadbal said-you know.

HULKBOY is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    all the time. everyone always has something to say about the food i eat. "is that cat food" "dont you ever get sick of eating the same thing every day?" "why are you on a diet, you dont need to lose weight" etc. it was annoying at first, but ive learned to deal with it. plus, i know they are just jealous anyway
    NO shit they are jealous im in college and i bring a LUNCHBOX in class and i'll eat and go about my business. it doesnt look appatizing at all and people are like why are ya on a diet etc... and they bitch how my tuna smells but i know they wish they looked like me also sometimes i run to my truck and down a meal i got in my cooler in like 3 minutes in between classes so id imagine bein a laborer youd have to do the same.

THE THINGS WE DO FOR OUR BODY

haha...i eat in class too. at first i wouldnt bring tuna in order to spare them. but now i do it on purpose because they had jokes. now they think i eat cat food. hehe. but even at work, they are all used to it by now. the only thing i get is the occasional comment about my humongous cooler i have to bring (i work 12 hr shifts...plus class)
    but the bldg i work in is really big and they have little kitchenettes...so im lucky in that aspect. i can heat up some of my meals.

Thread Information