Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cheat Meal, Gone to far?

I there Limitations to a cheat meal or can it just be a free for all? I eat very clean and have been for some time now. A friend of mine who is also a personal trainer has been trying to push me to have all out cheat days, says it will speed up my metabolism. Last cheat meal I had with him was This greasy and i mean sloppy greasy bacon cheese burger with french fries covered in cheese, gravy, and bacon. Then after that we went to Dairy Queen and had a large blizzard. It was tasty at the time but after i felt like sh*t, even felt bad the next day. So I am just wondering how many of you cheat and how far do you go with it?

D9S0M is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMachine2000
    I there Limitations to a cheat meal or can it just be a free for all? I eat very clean and have been for some time now. A friend of mine who is also a personal trainer has been trying to push me to have all out cheat days, says it will speed up my metabolism. Last cheat meal I had with him was This greasy and i mean sloppy greasy bacon cheese burger with french fries covered in cheese, gravy, and bacon. Then after that we went to Dairy Queen and had a large blizzard. It was tasty at the time but after i felt like sh*t, even felt bad the next day. So I am just wondering how many of you cheat and how far do you go with it?
    Bro,i have a cheat day every sunday...
    Last edited by D9S0M; 10-08-2005 at 10:28 PM.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a cheat meal, and when I do look out I eat everything I want. Go ahead and eat like everyone else dose once a week live it up, pig out!!

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    sounds to me like you have been eating clean for so long that your body has trouble digesting shit. maybe next time you should try something less drastic...like a plate of pasta (or ramen, haha) and a bowl of ice cream. thats usually what i have becaus i had an experience like yours once. i went to a buffet and ate all i could and then some. i ended up getting sick and feeling like shit for 2 days. i decided i have an impulse control problem and buffets weren't for me. so i stick with something i crave, but keep it simple.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    dude i pig it out evrey 10-12 days just eat something diffrent for evrey meal then you normally would but just have in in moderation, for example lets say your first meal of the day is egg whites and oats, well have some waffels or pancakes or breakfast tacos instead, but in moderation then so on and so forth through out the day make each meal diffrent thats what i do......but i have splurged and gotten myself kicked out of CICI's pizza before haha

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    1 box lucky charms with milk
    1 bag cheerios snack mix (200 g) -> 120 carb
    1 bag maynards wine gums (275 g) -> 215 carb
    2 slice whole wheat with cheddar cheese - 50 carb
    Half of a homemade lasange (equalvalent to 4-5 portions)
    3 cups WHITE rice with 2 chicken drumssticks ......
    5 pack choclate cookies (equvalent to about 10 cookies)

Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    yes! you just helped me decide on my next cheat meal!

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Nice cheat bro!

bruh this is a weak ass cheat not to bash you but come on, if your gonna do it then do it right, the point of a cheat is to shock the body you need to eat whole'er foods like, hamburger's, pizza, enchaladas, tacos, fastfood, pancakes, waffels, hashbrowns, peanutbutter, dont eat cereal and wheat bread,

mitch911 is offline Member
    i dont see whats the difference? end result high gi carbs mixed fats/carbs/protein increase of cals at the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    i dont see whats the difference? end result high gi carbs mixed fats/carbs/protein increase of cals at the end of the day

well i dont really know either but im sure there is one, i just prefeer a whole food meal, not cearal and candy, i beleive whole foods will act more as a meal you need the grease and gunk from evreyday foods that most people eat like i said, pizza, hamburgers, and mexican food are great choice's also these cheat items still include good amounts of protein along with saturated fats and high GI carbs that you will need, i just prefeer a meal over a bowl of cearal

decadbal is offline Banned
    when i do precontest, i cheat every 4 days.. usually 2 small meals, or cheats.. it helps trick your body... your PT friend sounds like hes cert by nesta

alo5603 is offline Member
    ive always wondered this too, is there some thing as too much. Me, i go all out for the whole day. Like eat out every meal, and anythin in between goes. Wondered if their really is a limit. But i cheat every 7th day, once a week you could say.

alo

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    post up you normal meals..aka...clean the other 6 days

post up you normal meals..aka...clean the other 6 days
    who me or meanmachine? I would rather not for then i would be hijackin his thread.

alo

got fina? is offline Member
    Same thing here.
    I eat roughly 50 grams of carbs all week. Now when Sunday comes holy shit!!!
    I eat like i just got released from Auschwitz.

Good luck.........

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    my last cheat meal

Large Big mac, Large Fries, Large Coke + 6 chickent Nuggets and an apple pie

2 medium sized tubs of ben and jerrys (phish food and cookie dough)
    1 large iced Donut
    1 Large Chocolate cookie
    1 Large toffe and walnut pastry
    1/2 pot of honey
    1/2 pot maple syrup
    1 Yorkie

and the next day i went to pizza hut

when i went all out for my cheats and made them cheat days instead of meals...it seemed to halt my progress (maybe even gained weight), not help it. granted i probably wasnt eating enough cals during the week so my metabolism was really slow by the time i DID cheat. then my body just held on to those cals for dear life. i think thats what happened. i dunno, ever since then i have been kinda scared to go 'all out.' for example this is my last cheat:

1 bag ramen noodles
    1 sm bag caremel candies
    1 med ice cream from cold stone

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    my last cheat meal

Large Big mac, Large Fries, Large Coke + 6 chickent Nuggets and an apple pie

2 medium sized tubs of ben and jerrys (phish food and cookie dough)
    1 large iced Donut
    1 Large Chocolate cookie
    1 Large toffe and walnut pastry
    1/2 pot of honey
    1/2 pot maple syrup
    1 Yorkie

and the next day i went to pizza hut

NOW THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT, you gotta shock the hell outta ur body and the longer you eat clean the harder the cheat must be, and the more you can get away with....well done Gforce

my last cheat...

after workout on friday me and my training buddy went to CICI's pizza and got kicked out for eating so damn much,,,waited a few hours then i went to this mexican resteraunt and killed 2 enchaladias 1 taco and rice and bean along with chips and hott sauce...these two cheat meal replaced my meals 5 & 6 on my normale diet...

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    NOW THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT, you gotta shock the hell outta ur body and the longer you eat clean the harder the cheat must be, and the more you can get away with....well done Gforce

my last cheat...

after workout on friday me and my training buddy went to CICI's pizza and got kicked out for eating so damn much,,,waited a few hours then i went to this mexican resteraunt and killed 2 enchaladias 1 taco and rice and bean along with chips and hott sauce...these two cheat meal replaced my meals 5 & 6 on my normale diet...
    true, but you guys only do meals or the whole day. Personally, i can go a week eatin clean, but when i cheat, i cant just do a meal. It is kind of like teasin me, you know the little voice in your head that says, "you have gone this far, whats a little more". Must be the evil twin of your conscience lol.

alo

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by alo5603
    true, but you guys only do meals or the whole day. Personally, i can go a week eatin clean, but when i cheat, i cant just do a meal. It is kind of like teasin me, you know the little voice in your head that says, "you have gone this far, whats a little more". Must be the evil twin of your conscience lol.

alo
    I would also like to know if it's okay for just one meal a week or a full day every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    I would also like to know if it's okay for just one meal a week or a full day every once in awhile.

this is good question, i beleive that if your gains have come to a screching hault it would be best to have a full day of eating what you want, but if you are going to just make it one meal, i would make it the biggest greaseist, fatist, carbist, meal you could make it.

this is good question, i beleive that if your gains have come to a screching hault it would be best to have a full day of eating what you want, but if you are going to just make it one meal, i would make it the biggest greaseist, fatist, carbist, meal you could make it.
    yeah, i agree too, just want more backin on it cuz when i cheat, i mean i really cheat, stomach looks so distended by the end of the day that the next day, i take matamucil like 3x a day to help rid all of that food lol. Oh yeah steve0, i love your avatar, everytime i look at it, i gots to make a phone call to make sure i get some ass tonight lol.

alo

yeah, i agree too, just want more backin on it cuz when i cheat, i mean i really cheat, stomach looks so distended by the end of the day that the next day, i take matamucil like 3x a day to help rid all of that food lol. Oh yeah steve0, i love your avatar, everytime i look at it, i gots to make a phone call to make sure i get some ass tonight lol.

alo

hahah thanks bruh,,, i cheat bad as well dont worry my man it's good for ya, also i would recomend takeing bioten along with ALA to aid with your digestion when cheating

hahah thanks bruh,,, i cheat bad as well dont worry my man it's good for ya, also i would recomend takeing bioten along with ALA to aid with your digestion when cheating
    good idea, thanks bro.

alo

oldandgrim is offline Associate Member
    I cheat every shopping day. Can not help it the rest of the family are tucking in and I just have to indulge. Cream cake and a kebab are my favourite, Yummy

Quote Originally Posted by oldandgrim
    I cheat every shopping day. Can not help it the rest of the family are tucking in and I just have to indulge. Cream cake and a kebab are my favourite, Yummy
    \

i have good ol ihop for breakfast, somethin at home for lunch like hamburgers or what not, and somethin on the lines of olive garden for dinner. Also plenty of snacks in between, including but not limited to lol, icecream, cereal, etc. Oh and i drink like a gallon of milk a day, which im cuttin right now, so i have none on regular days. So you can see the idea of my madness lol.

alo

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    listen to your trainer bro

Quote Originally Posted by bor
    listen to your trainer bro
    well that would be myself....... and i dont trust him lol.

alo

would a couple bottles (or at least a bottle) of wine be good for a cheat...? hehe, we just got hit with a snow storm and i dont wanna go out again. so much for my ramen delight. that wine is lookin good though...mmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    would a couple bottles (or at least a bottle) of wine be good for a cheat...? hehe, we just got hit with a snow storm and i dont wanna go out again. so much for my ramen delight. that wine is lookin good though...mmmmm

absolutly NOT!!!!!! the point of a cheatmeal is to replenish glycogen in the liver, beer and wine will drain your liver from its glycogen levels, thats why you piss so much when you drink, come on now we all know the booz will dehydrate your body and thats not what you want...

dammit. so do you guys go out and drink...ever? what do you do for fun?

dammit. so do you guys go out and drink...ever? what do you do for fun?

i myself do not drink that much at all, you dont need to drink to have fun IMO, but if thats ur fancy goahead, i can see the diff in the gym at the guys that drink and the ones thats dont, pluse it slows my gains makes me feel weak and drained...

a bowl for the dog

a bowl for the cat

a bowl for me..

you just sit at home all night? are you kidding? not trying to call you out at all...i think its facsinating. i wish i could do that without pulling my hair out. i dont have to drink to have fun. if i didnt though, i wouldnt have much of a social life. all my friends drink.

do you at least have a g/f?

you just sit at home all night? are you kidding? not trying to call you out at all...i think its facsinating. i wish i could do that without pulling my hair out. i dont have to drink to have fun. if i didnt though, i wouldnt have much of a social life. all my friends drink.

do you at least have a g/f?

hahahahaha, no i never said i sit at home all night trust me i go out plenty, i hit up the bars restraunts ect..yes majority of my friends drink as well but that dosent mean i have to i actually get props for not, and for some reason the chicks eat it up, no i aint got no GF i just got out of a 3 yr. relationship not to long ago so im not looking to really date if ya know what i mean..

hahahahaha, no i never said i sit at home all night trust me i go out plenty, i hit up the bars restraunts ect..yes majority of my friends drink as well but that dosent mean i have to i actually get props for not, and for some reason the chicks eat it up, no i aint got no GF i just got out of a 3 yr. relationship not to long ago so im not looking to really date if ya know what i mean..
    yeah i do know what ya mean. just got out of a 2 yr myself. i think thats why i hate sittin at home. just not used to bein alone i guess

haha...guess i can go out and not drink. never tried. but ill have to have some major impulse control!!

Jerzey is offline Member

alo
    I know that voice all too well It even tells me that since I've already screwed up it doesn't matter what else i eat that day

Cheat day is what gets me through the week when I'm dieting strict!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey
    I know that voice all too well It even tells me that since I've already screwed up it doesn't matter what else i eat that day

Cheat day is what gets me through the week when I'm dieting strict!
    me too, without one, i would go nuts, i dont know how some people go like 2-3 weeks without cheatin. That to me, is just nuts.

alo

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i wish i could go 2-3 weeks without a cheat - but i just cant make it thru thye weekend - i have decided that it is actually impossible

unless i stay in ALL weekend - and i aint gonna be that boring

i'm always 2.5Kg heavier on the scales come monday morning - which pisses me off and makes me wander why i bother

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    i wish i could go 2-3 weeks without a cheat - but i just cant make it thru thye weekend - i have decided that it is actually impossible

unless i stay in ALL weekend - and i aint gonna be that boring

i'm always 2.5Kg heavier on the scales come monday morning - which pisses me off and makes me wander why i bother

your 2.5kg is prolly water weight..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information