B Rabbit is offline New Member

Help with College food

All right, i'm facing a diet dilema in college now. First, the food at my cafeteria has a limited selection. Breakfast is usually 5 scrambled eggs with ham and cheese or those fake eggs they poor out of box, bowl of cherios or grapenuts with skim milk, and a side of cantelope. Lunch, i'm usually limited to turkey sandwichs, Pasta, PB&J or cereal again. everyday they have snack time when they offer steak(chopped up hamburger patty) and cheese which i get once or twice a weak to keep my calories up during the day. Dinner is the usually the same as lunch but sometimes they offer roastbeef. the school food is loaded with sat fats and sugars and I think i'm relying on to much protein from my shakes and not getting enough quality food that has a high BV. My other meals throughout the day include a turkey sandwich i sneak out from the caf or eat a protein bar(wasnt aware how bad they can be if you eat to many). My question is what do you guys do up at college to maintain a lean diet. Shaws market is 20 minutes from the school so i think i need to start shopping on my own to make more progress in the gym. Unfortunately Tuna is out of the question, i cant stomach that stuff, i know how great of a source it is for protein but i dont have the power.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i go to sams club and stock up on stuff, i get mad tuna, chicken breast, steaks. that will prob be pointless for u cause u dont have a grill. i have an apartment so its easy. but ur best bet is to get a cheap fridge, and fill it with chicken cutlets, turkey, roast beef, ect. its a bitch but try to eat all the lean food they have in the caf. along with veggies and shit.

Anaholic is offline Associate Member
    Get a George forman grill, it's a great investment, it's not too expensive and you won't be packing in the saturated fats you get from the caf.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    both great suggestions...sams club rocks!

mitch911 is offline Member
    tuna is a college bb best friend cheap as hell and the quickest meal inbetween class's/studyin/friends

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    have you tried the flavored tuna pouches? they have hickory smoked, lemon pepper, and some others. i know i was burnt out on tuna for a while but i tried one of those and thought it was awesome. a lot of sodium, but its really convenient

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    does your cafe' have a salad bar and a deli.....i used to live off deli turkey, tons of salad bar veggies and oatmeal (instant packets with no flavoring)...i would imagine they serve chicken, fish and other meats from time to time....get seconds and thirds and take that sh!t home and freeze it...keeps it good.

Thread Information