Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member

How's my bulking diet look?

Wake-2 scoops whey-220 cal, 44g pr, 6g carb, 2g fat
    Breakfast- 6 egg whites, cheese, turkey, 1 cup oats 2 cups milks-1k cal, 77g pr, 76g carb, 5g fat
    1 hr. later- Marathon bar-290 cal, 26g protein, 36g carb, 7g fat
    Lunch- 2 scoop whey, 1 bagel- 460 cal, 52g pr, 55g carb, 1.5g fat
    Preworkout-2 scoops whey, 1 cup maltodextrin- 656 cal, 44g pr, 117g carb, 3g fat
    PWO- 3 scoops whey, 1 cup maltodextrin- 766 cal, 66g pr, 117 carb, 3g far
    PPWO- 2 cans chx and EFAs-395 cal, 52g pr, 18.5g fat
    Dinner- 2 can tuna, 2 sl. bread, 1 cup milk, 1 cup pasta- 790 cal, 63g pr, 108g carb, 4g fat
    PreBed- 1 scoop whey, 2 scoops egg protein, EFAs- 439 cal, 70g pr, 14.5g fat

TOTALS: 4906 calories, 472g protein, 518g carb, 57.5g fat

I am 20yrs old, 5'10, 210lbs, 20.7 BF. I have been lifting for a year and am attempting to bulk this fall and winter and cut in the spring. Tell me what you all think please. Thanks.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    ur diet needs alot of work bro. do some more research

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    You need some serious help with this bro. Read the bulking sticky now!

Way too much whey and maltodextrin.

Well should I cut the maltodextrin back to 1/2 cup before and after workouts? Whey is almost a necessity because I have class all day long and I only have 5 minutes between some and ten minutes between others. Its easy to mix up a shake and eat a bagel on the way, I can't really eat 2 whole chicken breasts because I don't have any way to bring or time to eat them. Would you all suggest a cooler to bring meals and an insulated bag to carry to class and just chow on the go? I have gained about 8lbs in the last 4 weeks so I assumed it couldn't be that bad. More input please! I have read the bulking stick too I would just like more feedback. Thanks

Ok, I'm going to the store tomorrow so I'll try to change it up a bit and buy some new stuff.
    How would this be?
    Breakfast-6 egg whites, 2oz turkey, 2 scoops whey, 1 cup oatmeal
    Midmorning- 1 can of tuna, uncooked broccoli
    Late morning- 2 4oz chx breast, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup milk
    Preworkout- 1 scoop whey, 1/2 cup maltodextrin
    PWO- 3 scoops whey, 1/2 cup maltodextrin
    PPWO- 1 can tuna (or 1 chx breast), 1/2 brown rice or oats, uncooked veggie
    Dinner- Some kind of lean protein, 8oz either bird or fish, EFAs
    Prebed- 20g Whey, 48g Egg protein, EFAs

Would this diet work better?
    This is roughly 3500-4k cal 380g protein, 300+carbs, 30+g fat
    Would this be effecient? I can bring a can of tuna and raw veggies to school so I should be able to fit that in alright. I may have to wait 3hrs before my 3rd meal but I guess that's not so bad. Would this be better guys?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why are you ingesting sugar before working out?

That's only one error, but it stands out the most.

~SC~

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    If your bulking I would add more fat. Also try to make each meal around the same amount of protein

swole. love the new pic up there. Looking huge brother

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    If your bulking I would add more fat. Also try to make each meal around the same amount of protein
    i would say the same thing...more healthy fat. the second thing i would say is to replace some of that whey with real food but the second diet you gave sounds much better (except for the malto before a workout). but in case you have a problem trying to get your meals in while going to class...this is what i do...it may sound a little weird, but i just wrap a chicken or turkey breast in saran wrap then a paper towel so it wont be as messy...then i can just fold both of those layers down and eat it kinda like a sandwhich without making a mess. then i always have nuts, peanut butter, or EFA pills to chase it with.

you should grind up some oatmeal and put it in your preworkout shake instead of the maltodextrin...save that for PWO

[QUOTE=xtinaunasty] but in case you have a problem trying to get your meals in while going to class...this is what i do...it may sound a little weird, but i just wrap a chicken or turkey breast in saran wrap then a paper towel so it wont be as messy...then i can just fold both of those layers down and eat it kinda like a sandwhich without making a mess. then i always have nuts, peanut butter, or EFA pills to chase it with.

Good call. I just have these little gladware contaniers and pack them up grab my jug of water and plop my a$s on a bench right in the middle of campus and eat.

I have been using the maltodextrin pre and post workout because I read in Flex magazine that it would help supply energy to my muscles while working out. If you all disagree, I'll drop it for a while and see how it goes. I bought an insulated lunch box/bag today and will be bringing meals to class with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeoguy62
    I have been using the maltodextrin pre and post workout because I read in Flex magazine that it would help supply energy to my muscles while working out. If you all disagree, I'll drop it for a while and see how it goes. I bought an insulated lunch box/bag today and will be bringing meals to class with me.
    I am a fan of muscle magazines, but I would take the advice of the people on this forum any day over those magazines.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    I am a fan of muscle magazines, but I would take the advice of the people on this forum any day over those magazines.
    word

Thread Information