bolin is offline Associate Member

Arrow Weight gainer for LEAN BULK CYCLE?

Is it good to include a weight gainer in your diet if you are doing a lean bulk cycle?

it has
    101g carbs
    9.1g fat
    36g pro

my diet is like the sticky lean bulk diet consisting of chicken, rice, oats, wholemeal bread, turkey etc......

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    oh god man i dunno about that one...check out CYTOGAINER! man it has 86 grams of complex carbs 5 grams of fat and 50 grams of protein per serving...seems like a better choice for a lean bulker in my opinion.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    I bulked for about 6 months straight and i honestly gained minimal fat, and i had up your MASS by mhp two times a day for those six months sometimes 3 times a day...it only has 1g of sugar...11g of fat (efa's)...58g of carbs 12g fiber...46g protein....510 calories...worked well for me

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    I bulked for about 6 months straight and i honestly gained minimal fat, and i had up your MASS by mhp two times a day for those six months sometimes 3 times a day...it only has 1g of sugar...11g of fat (efa's)...58g of carbs 12g fiber...46g protein....510 calories...worked well for me
    love to see the rest of your meals....

i have 8 meals

consisting of eggs, oats, proteinshakes, chicken, turkey, wholemeal bread, rice, skimmed milk, lean steak, almonds and fish oil (EFA), 2 fruits

Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    love to see the rest of your meals....
    when i'm bulking?? i don't really go by the book when i'm bulking i eat about 4-5 meals 3 shakes and don't really count calories...i eat the same basic meals thou...it might look like this (i'm not looking for a critique lol, i know its way off)

1. 1/2 cup dry oatmeal...8 egg whites 1 whole egg
    2.shake
    3.shyt load of turkey/or boneless chicken breasts with some more oatmeal
    4.steak and broccoli
    5.pwo
    6.chicken sweet potato
    7.fish and almonds
    8.shake

that's mostly what it looks like...not critical but it's how i do it and seem to be fine with it

that is nearly how my diet is........... but I am scared to have the weight gainer too

Quote Originally Posted by bolin
    that is nearly how my diet is........... but I am scared to have the weight gainer too

i wouldnt worry about it, you're bulking...just pay attention to a mirror and if you have a g/f ask her to be honest, if things start getting out of hand you can fine tune it..but i am no pro by any means and this is just me. Like i said i did this for about 6 months and ilast year my abs came in real good around 205 lbs this year i looked really good at 225 and it only took me about 7 weeks of good dieting and cardio to get there

last year I had this weight gainer and I really didnt like the way it effected me....... I will start my cycle normal with no weight gainer..... and then I ll see........

The problem is that I do not know if I am taking enough carbs and calories to get to 80kg from 76kg

Can someone tell me that cals and carbs??

this is my diet

06.00 am 5 eggs whites omlette with turkey ham and cheese
    22gms protein shake
    25grms oatmeal + cup skimmed milk

08.00 am 2 slices of wholemeal bread
    turkey breast and edem chesse
    1 apple

10.00 am 1 large can of tuna with salad
    2 capsules cod liver fish oil
    1 yogurt
    15 almonds

12.15 pm chicken breast
    1 cup rice

02.30 pm 40gms protein shake

04.45 pm lean stea or chicken breast
    2 caramel rice cakes

05.30 pm workout

07.15 pm one meal replecment protein shake (42g pro)
    1 banana

09.30 pm chicken breast with salad and rice

pro bar between meals (50g pro)

Total 380g pro, CARBS????, CALS?????

someone help me out here! pls

do would you include a weight gainer or not...
    pls reply
    anyone!!!!!

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    are you gaining weight on that diet? how tall are you? activity level? if you wanna know how many carbs and cals your diet is...go to fitday.com

just from your height and weight i would estimate you need around 3200-3500 cals a day to gain weight. i dont know your age though...thats just a guess. if you are gaining weight on your current diet then you dont need a weight gainer. otherwise you can incorporate one or two in a day, depending on your results. no one can tell you exactly what to do, you will have to figure out how your body works and what it responds to..

thanks..... I am 23..... ok i will start with no weight gainer than if i see that I am not gaining enough weight i will add it later on...

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    what kind of cycle are you running?

I'd probably incorporate some weight gainer in there, just to get the extra cals your body needs so that the compounds you're taking will be most effective. Don't worry about a little extra gain during cycle, you'll work it off after, and retain muscle.

my cycle is

1-13 test e - 500mg/week
    1-11 Eq - 400mg/week
    1-10 tren : 200mg/week

That is what I will do.... 1 serving for breakfast and another serving PWO of weight gainer

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    dont need it bro..just add more food...1/2 cup oats???? you could triple that amt......

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    dont need it bro..just add more food...1/2 cup oats???? you could triple that amt......
    I agree just eat you ass off with whole foods. You can get the cals in for sure. I'd say to shoot for about 3,900 - 4,000 and see what happens after a week. You will know whether or not to up the cals or drop them a bit depending on if you notice any fat gain.

I just bought the NLarge2 from Prolab..... I will take it after my workout and at breakfast......from next week I will do a 30 min cardio session when I wake up on an empty stomach............ I'll see how that goes....

Do you think that I should only take the NLarge2 after my workout?? or int the morning too?? it has 600kcals, 50g pro 85 carbs, 5g fat per serving

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Add it in both meals if you need to cals, but I'd only have it with breakfast if I was also eating some solid food. You need solid food for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by bolin
    I just bought the NLarge2 from Prolab..... I will take it after my workout and at breakfast......from next week I will do a 30 min cardio session when I wake up on an empty stomach............ I'll see how that goes....

Do you think that I should only take the NLarge2 after my workout?? or int the morning too?? it has 600kcals, 50g pro 85 carbs, 5g fat per serving
    id use it as my PWO in addition to a few more simple carbs (banana, some strawberries--whatever flavor your shake would go good with) to make it 100g carbs total

then just eat like 12 egg whites and a cup of oats for breakfast. (i couldnt get that much oatmeal down...so maybe just have 1/2c with some fruit or something if thats too much oatmeal)

whole foods make for a good start each day IMO

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    its optimal for post workout shake but for breakfast NO...all the carbs in Nlarge2 are fast digesting and simple carbs...you need slow digesting carbs for breakfast.

Yep.... I am having eggs, normal pro shake and 1 cup oats for breakfast..... then I leave the Nlarge2 for PWO only + banana

Thread Information