Austex is offline Member

B-vitamins killing Total Testosterone

I've been experiencing a lack of energy and a negative mood to activity lately. I'm guessing my T levels are either low or being depleted somehow. I work long days and train in the mornings. Lately, I've been taking in larger doses of liquid B-complex. Has anyone ever experienced a lack of energy from excess B's? My diet has been mostly in check, given the lifestyle I lead. Protein is high, carbs are high, fats may be a little low but not enough to worry about. I'm heading back to Texas next week for a vacation, so I'll probably have a lab done while I'm there...but just thought I'd get some opinions first on possible causes. I feel as if I just completely dropped off of a test/deca cycle and am taking estrogen pills. (minus the bitch tits)!!! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    its not the B vitamins - if anything they are likely to provide you more energy

you may not be getting enough iron - u could try an iron sup - but be careful cos u can easy take too much and like with most tings too much is BAD

yeah consult your doc

i experience low energy but this is when i'm cutting and taking ephedrine

also if youve been ill with a cold recently that may zap some energy - it does with me

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i have only had THAT feeling your talking about during a vey low carb diet, you feel like you got beat in your sleep right?? if you are eating super clean and have been for a while you may need to throw in a cheat meal or day, i noticed you said you are takeing down plenty of carbs but still your body gets board ofnothing but clean foods over and over again so i would go out eat anything you want if you have been eaing clean to long..

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    i have only had THAT feeling your talking about during a vey low carb diet, you feel like you got beat in your sleep right?? if you are eating super clean and have been for a while you may need to throw in a cheat meal or day, i noticed you said you are takeing down plenty of carbs but still your body gets board ofnothing but clean foods over and over again so i would go out eat anything you want if you have been eaing clean to long..
    Chicken, brown rice, and broccoli for the past 6 weeks I've done this diet before for longer and didn't experience this lethargy...gonna go get some red meat and another carb source to throw in the diet...hopefully this does it. I've even been sleeping through my alarms.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Chicken, brown rice, and broccoli for the past 6 weeks I've done this diet before for longer and didn't experience this lethargy...gonna go get some red meat and another carb source to throw in the diet...hopefully this does it. I've even been sleeping through my alarms.

for the past 6 weeks bruh !!!! i would have to say it's deff, time for a cheatmeal/refeed, you have gone to long my man you gotta shock your system

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Austex, how long have you been dieting for? How many cals are you currently eating? And whens the last time you had a cheat/carb up day?

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Austex, how long have you been dieting for? How many cals are you currently eating? And whens the last time you had a cheat/carb up day?
    I've been dieting about 6 weeks...taking in between 3300-3600 cals/day (40/35/25 split). I haven't really had "cheat days". It's more along the lines of a "cheat meal" about twice/week. I'm preparing for a bulk/AAS cycle next month and wanted to lower my bodyfat before-hand. Currently I'm weighing in around 195 with 13% BF.

I've been dieting about 6 weeks...taking in between 3300-3600 cals/day (40/35/25 split). I haven't really had "cheat days". It's more along the lines of a "cheat meal" about twice/week. I'm preparing for a bulk/AAS cycle next month and wanted to lower my bodyfat before-hand. Currently I'm weighing in around 195 with 13% BF.
    My first thought would be that your Leptin levels have bottomed out and as a result of dieting and less insulin your tests levels could suffer too. Basically all hormonal production goes down during dieting. My adive would be to start incopotating a carb up day where you consume Hi and Low Gi carbs throughout the day to boost leptin signaling as well as insulin which would indirectly help boost test as well. The lower BF you get hte more often you will need to do this. See if that helps.

Austex is offline Member
    My first thought would be that your Leptin levels have bottomed out and as a result of dieting and less insulin your tests levels could suffer too. Basically all hormonal production goes down during dieting. My adive would be to start incopotating a carb up day where you consume Hi and Low Gi carbs throughout the day to boost leptin signaling as well as insulin which would indirectly help boost test as well. The lower BF you get hte more often you will need to do this. See if that helps.
    Will try this out, thanks. Luckily, I won't have to worry about it for to long! Test levels should be plenty high soon enough. Definately gonna research more into the Leptin levels you described.

Basically, Leptin controls everything when it comes to dieting. After dieting for a while fat cells shrink which controls leptin signaling, glucose does this as well but only in the short term time frame (which is why carb up days are nessisary). When Leptin drops so does just about everything you can think of, Test, Thyroid function and cortisol rises concurently (real nice addition). Leptin also regulates appitite driving your appitite through the roof as you you get leaner. It's all basically a survival mechanism and I'd say at 13% BF or around there you may need a good ole refeed to boost Leptin signaling as wella s Insulin which will also help raises Test because Insulin binds to SHBG which will help raise free Test. The lower you get past your natural BF setpoint the more you will need to refeed. Its far more complicated than this but, this is a very basi overview.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been experiencing a lack of energy and a negative mood to activity lately. I'm guessing my T levels are either low or being depleted somehow. I work long days and train in the mornings. Lately, I've been taking in larger doses of liquid B-complex. Has anyone ever experienced a lack of energy from excess B's? My diet has been mostly in check, given the lifestyle I lead. Protein is high, carbs are high, fats may be a little low but not enough to worry about. I'm heading back to Texas next week for a vacation, so I'll probably have a lab done while I'm there...but just thought I'd get some opinions first on possible causes. I feel as if I just completely dropped off of a test/deca cycle and am taking estrogen pills. (minus the bitch tits)!!! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I recently had the same problem and went to the doc to find out I am a type 2 diebetic at the age of 27. I was feeling tired as hell whenever my sugar levels got either too high or too low.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    nice one
    great info once again giantz

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force

i experience low energy but this is when i'm cutting and taking ephedrine
    You are not alone. I get very irritable as well!

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Basically, Leptin controls everything when it comes to dieting. After dieting for a while fat cells shrink which controls leptin signaling, glucose does this as well but only in the short term time frame (which is why carb up days are nessisary). When Leptin drops so does just about everything you can think of, Test, Thyroid function and cortisol rises concurently (real nice addition). Leptin also regulates appitite driving your appitite through the roof as you you get leaner. It's all basically a survival mechanism and I'd say at 13% BF or around there you may need a good ole refeed to boost Leptin signaling as wella s Insulin which will also help raises Test because Insulin binds to SHBG which will help raise free Test. The lower you get past your natural BF setpoint the more you will need to refeed. Its far more complicated than this but, this is a very basi overview.
    Very good info!

mitch911 is offline Member
    hahah cant wait to get lower in bf to cheat more often...how often are we talkin about giantz lol

Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    hahah cant wait to get lower in bf to cheat more often...how often are we talkin about giantz lol
    Not really cheat per say. Carb up or refeed would be the better term. Glucose and Insulin help raise Leptin, Test, Thyroid, so you need to over eat carbohydrates for a period of time. When you get leaner, you will need to do this more. It really depends alot on you. If your natural BF setpoint is say 17% or so and you are now at 12% BF well your body is going to think its starving and will try and fvck with you. The further you get past your setpoint the more often you need to refeed because of the hormonal chages you body goes through, fighting to keep you fat.

mitch911 is offline Member
    Not really cheat per say. Carb up or refeed would be the better term. Glucose and Insulin help raise Leptin, Test, Thyroid, so you need to over eat carbohydrates for a period of time. When you get leaner, you will need to do this more. It really depends alot on you. If your natural BF setpoint is say 17% or so and you are now at 12% BF well your body is going to think its starving and will try and fvck with you. The further you get past your setpoint the more often you need to refeed because of the hormonal chages you body goes through, fighting to keep you fat.
    is this the theory behind carb cycling ..like every 4 days load up on carbs and then go low carb med carb low high

Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    is this the theory behind carb cycling ..like every 4 days load up on carbs and then go low carb med carb low high

Yes I believe that this most certainly applies to certain aspects of carb cycling.

Thread Information