Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Late Night Binging

I know that you say you shouldn't eat more than 50-60 grms of protein in a sitting, but shit when I'm craving at night...all I can eat is protein. I usually start off with a MRP with some Udo's then I'm still hungry so I eat some cottage cheese, then I'm looking for something else to eat..like egg whites or chicken. What do you guys do when you wanna eat but have already eaten enough protein? I start looking for fats next, before carbs. Fats like peanuts, or natural peanut butter but you can't really throw the munch on this stuff without becoming a fatty. Help me out, cause I wanna grub.

_SOLID

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    We all know there are certain times when you are ALLOWED to raid the fridge but if you,re trying to gain weight just carry on eating the protein.If you are on a cutting diet you need to be strict and have willpower not to go to the fidge and binge.Are you eating enough during the day to sustain you body mass.Try eating more during the day when you are more active and you may not need to binge in the evening

damn I shouldn't have used the word bing in there ...but what I'm really wondering is it cool to just keep eating protein, you gonna get fat off that? I need to learn to be more specific when asking questions sorry. thanks for the reply though.

_SOLID

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    If you body can,t use it yes you can get fat off protein.How much are you eating and what is you,re bodyweight.If it is 1.5g per lb of B/W than you should be OK.

Are you putting weight on or staying the same is you,re B/F increasing? If not than you ,have nothing to worry about

xenithon is offline Member
    really?

thinking back to my biology classes, isn't it true that carbs are stored as glycogen and then excess as fat, but proteins are de-amminated in the liver and passed out through urine??

thanks!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Hey Solid...Wendy's has a late night drive through window

Seriuosly...it's will power. The more you force yourself NOT to eat, the faster your body will get used to it, and the cravings will subside.

Pete

Originally posted by xenithon
    really?

thinking back to my biology classes, isn't it true that carbs are stored as glycogen and then excess as fat, but proteins are de-amminated in the liver and passed out through urine??

thanks!
    That's^ what I always remembered and thought so I stuck with it. I wanna eat, though I shouldn't have posted "binging" in my thread cause it threw you off and made you think I didn't want to eat....no, no, my friends -I'm all about getting my grub on. So what are some good things to eat? Give me some more ideas.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Some srambled egg whites or a whey only shake with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter.

Pete

yeah, that's usually the first 2 courses then i usually eat some cottage cheese.. when i have protein bars i'll eat one of those 2...talk about getting in your protein huh? Wasting it more like it. but shit i wanna eat.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    After your several replies I think You really need to work on NOT EATING .... Late night eating is the worst ... Thats why 98% of Americans are overweight ... seems liek 98% hehe ,,,,

but eating a mess of food late at night will just sit in your stomach rotting ... also depends on what we have eaten ... They say never have a real big meal then eat fruit ... if there is too much to break down the fruit will begin to spoil b4 digesting... Fruit on an empty stomach ( if your diet allows such pleasures ...8>( ...... ) blasts thru with considerable ease .... acting as a cleanser as well ... so fruit and roughage is really good by themselves and in light meals ... BB's really have it great , cause they learn what the body needs and can assimulate... Who else gives a hoot ...

If you feel MOST of your eating ( calorie wise ) is later evening chances are you might be skipping meals as well ..... Good luck

ptbyjason Guest
    My suggestion may be a little odd, but it has helped me before with late night cravings. I will make some fat free/sugar free jello or pudding. The calorie intake is very low for both of these. If I make the pudding I will sometimes add a scoop of vanilla protein powder for a few more calories. It will curve your appetite enough so your stomach won't be growling when you go to bed.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    What about a nice thick protein shake before bed? Low in carbs, always seems to work for me. again are you eatin enough during the day? What are your goals?

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Iwan2bsolid2

I think I have some reciepes just for you although they may not be cattered to your specific diet. PM me and let me know what your caloric intake is your goals ect. Since I am assuming that you will have already taken this in and it being late at night I will do my best to keep your fat, and carbs down to a real mininum. OK?
    Tobey

Oh, of course they will be in the reciepe section, but you will know that they are for you by the title.

Thumbs up Tobey

Sounds good. I don't care about Cals I just try to keep the Carbs and Sugar to a minimum for late night meals. I will eat a shitload of protein and sure some good fats are always in them as well, so let me know when to check the Recipe section.

Thanks >_SOLID

fiorenini is offline New Member
    Sugar free jello. The best damn snack in the world at 2 am. It taste like its loaded with sugar. But what the hell do i know.

IF YOU USE MILK IT IS.

THAT'S WHAT SUCKS...HAS ANYONE TRIED USING WATER?

WAIT UNLESS YOU TALKIN ABOUT JELLO GELATIN, NOT PUDDING.

Thread Information