Thread: Getting Serious

bc30 is offline New Member

Getting Serious

Hey all. This is my first post here because i recently decided to get serious about my lifting. I have been lifting since I was about 13 years old with my father who was a body builder in the old days. Over the years i have been lifting i never really worried about my weight, other than during wrestling in highschool. I have finally decided that I want to cut down. My father is 6'4" and about 275, and i am just over 6 feet and about the same weight. What kind of diet should i be looking for. I want to start the diet and lose like 15 pounds and then level off losing just a small amount a week. Back in highschool i did the keto thing to get down to 215 from 250. I ate plain chicken breast and tuna and lost 35 pounds in two and a half weeks. My first match came and i almost died on the mat. So i am not looking for anything like that, but something that will give me a good jumpstart and then a good follow up.

Thanks all.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Lost 35 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks??? You must have cooked yourself in a sauna everyday or something!

Pretty much...everyday consisted of a three hour intense practice, followed by another couple hours on a stair master at the gym with a sauna suit, and then the sauna for another hour or so. Needless to say i was so dehydrated i fatigued within the first minute of the first period. Plus the only thing i ate during the day was one cooked chicken breast and a can of tuna. I drank lots of water for the first week to remove the extra salt in my system and then barely drank anything the last week. It was not a pretty thing. Doing that effectively put me out of comission for the first 1/3 of the season. I bounced back up about 20 pounds and then took that off slowly in the weeks following. It was my fault though, I wasn't disciplined pre-season with my weight. I should have started much earlier.

Enough about stupid mistakes in the past though. Anyone have any comments about a good diet to work with?

May i also mention that i have read the sticky at the top. I know some people get mad about that. I was also looking into using clen to help in the process but i still haven't researched it enough to make a solid decidion on whether i want to take that route.

jeez i keep thinking of things to add as i go through this. I know sleep is important but how important are we talking here. I am a college student, while i dont drink or do dugs, I am still always up pretty late if i sleep at all. I get sleep when i can in my off hours of the day.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    if you've read the stickies you should write up a "rough draft" diet--based on the sample diet given--that is taylored to your lifestyle and more specific (calorie/protein/carb/fat amounts listed). then post that with your stats, goals, and breif description of your workout. all this layed out in an orderly and easy to read format should get you some responses.

for some reason, call it a hunch, i think you may have skipped over the "checklist before posting a diet" sticky.

haha you are correct indeed. I didn't think I needed it as i was asking others for an opinion but now that you will mention it i will go ahead and write myself up something and then start a new thread. Thanks

Thread Information