bc30 is offline New Member

Revise my cutting diet please

Background
    I am about six feet tall. I have the typical big guy build, muscular and strong but an ample layer of fat over it. I have been working out with my father since i was thirteen and I am now 21. I am trying to formulate a diet which will help me cut down fat and look better as well as making me healthier. I am planning on following something along the lines of the cutting sticky. My workouts consist of whatever I can get out of the small gym at my school. They have a few elliptical machines and some treadmills, although I do favor a stairmaster, and they have your basic freeweights. The one biggest problem I have is my morning workout. My school schedule is full of morning classes. The only day I don’t have to be at class early is Tuesday and the weekends. This is an obstacle I need to find a way around. Also getting variation in my meals is a pain because I don’t have a fridge to store chicken and steak and the school doesn’t supply many healthy choices. In the morning they do have egg white omelettes though, and I always have a stock of tuna in my room. I also don’t have a good sleep schedule but that is something that can easily be worked with. I don’t do drugs and I may drink three or four times a month, but I stay away from beer.

My workouts
    My workouts previously consisted of a cycle of lifting throughout the week with maybe 20 minutes of cardio at the end. My new diet I want to move away from using so much time with weights and get into more cardio. I cannot get to the gym until about 230 in the afternoon because of my schedule. I plan on continuing my same lifting cycle but spend less time with it and make sure I get around 45-60 minutes of cardio at least five days a week.

The Basics

PWO nutrition- This is where I am looking for some more guidance. I have used Nitro-tech in the past for my protein intake. But I was wondering if there are better things out there that will better suit my protein and carb needs.

Carbs- Carbs will come from half cup of oatmeal in the morning with my omelette.

Protein- My protein intake will come from egg whites in the morning and tuna. I was hoping I might be able to get some more recommendations of food that is easy to store and prepare in a dorm that has high protein. Protein will also come from shakes.

Fats- My fat intake will come from nuts. That is something I have always done anyways. I always have a can of nuts around. What are the best nuts though? I know some aren’t as good as others. I like almonds a lot, are they good?

Supplements- This is where I am less knowledgeable. I need some good advice as to what supplements to use in my diet. I read in the sticky that glutamine is good as well as a multi-vitamin. But what else is good? I read a little about ALA but I don’t know enough about it yet. I was also looking into clen as a possibility to act as a booster in the diet. Let me know your opinions on this.

Rough draft of weekly diet/workout

Meal 1- protein and carbs in form of egg white omelette with peppers, onions and salsa, and a half cup of oatmeal.

Meal 2- Shake with handful of nuts

Meal 3- Tuna

Workout

Meal 4- PWO nutrition

Meal 5- Chicken breast

Meal 6- Shake with nuts

I just bought a PUR water filter recently so i can have some nice clean water to get at least a gallon a day.

I am not sure what the exact protein/carb/fat ratios are but I was hoping for some help as to calculating that.

I am also trying to find a way to get some cardio in before my meals of the day because i know that is a major factor in cutting.

Thanks for commenting and helping me get on track here
    Last edited by bc30; 10-15-2005 at 04:59 PM.

come on... i need some experienced advice here

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bc30

Carbs-My carbs will come from my protein shakes and my morning omelettes. The omelette is egg whites with a mixture of pepper and onions with salsa.
    Do you know what CARBOHYDRATES are?

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    ketosis...mm fun stuff. Atkins diet or something?

Alright i updated a little with the carbs part. I bought some oatmeal and im gonna have a half cup in the morning with breakfast.

bolin is offline Associate Member
    have a look at the sample sticky diet and try to follow it as closly as possible......IMO

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    did you get my PM?

Yeah i did and i wrote back? Did you not get it? Damn... if you could send it to me again... i will try it again.

I sent it email style so it may have been sent to your junk box as i find many emails from here go.

When am i granted permission to send private messages. There was a mishap with xtinaunasty and our line of communication and i need to contact her. Well at least this will bump and maybe she will see it.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    sorry bc...im working on a reply to ur email now

Thread Information