TR'05 is offline Member

Constructive Criticism Needed

Hi there,

I have just joined AR, and am looking for some diet critique. I have been a long time reader of AR, and, at this point, have learnt a great deal that has helped me shed pounds and look my best ever.

I am 21 years old, 193lbs, ~ 12-14% bf, and all natural. DIET:

45 Mins. AM CARDIO ( 5 times weekly)

Meal 1 (45 Minutes after cardio): half cup raw oats mixed with half a cup of fat free yogurt. Two scoops Optimum Whey Protein & water.

Meal 2: Two pieces whole wheat bread, with 100 grams sliced turkey breast. Two scoops Optimum mixed with water.

Meal 3: Two cans of tuna mixed with 2 tbsp Hellman's Light Mayonaise & Frank's Red Hot.

WORKOUT (5 times weekly)

Meal 4 PWO: Two scoops Optimum and scoop of dextrose mixed with water.

Meal 5 PPWO: 2-3 chicken breast with whole wheat pasta, brown rice, or sweet potatoes

I rarely have another meal after my PPWO, but if i do, it usually is a lean ground beef burger, or another 2 scoop shake with a tbsp natty pb.

My goals, over the past 5 months have been to lean up as much as possible. I have dropped from 210 lbs, to my current weight (193) in about 4 months, so things, at least in my opinion, are going well.

Id like to eventually get down to under 10% bf, which i hope is plausible. Growing up I was a fat mess, and i believe i still have a long way to go. Thanks a lot, in advance, guys. Im sorry this post is so long, but, i wanted to be quite detailed. Id love for your constructive criticism.

tr05

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    I was fat too. Good luck and good job on the weight loss.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Use the sticky at the top of the forum. It will get you started with what you need. Trust me read all the stickies and some post before you post anything that your not sure of and you'll get better respones. Welcome aboard

TR'05 is offline Member
    Thanks for posting, guys.

I've read the stickies, and numerous threads on the board. I actually have regularily checked this site for a couple years now.

I guess i should also point out that my first experiences with training DID NOT only begin 5 months ago. Rather, five months ago was the point at which I made a conscious effort to improve my diet. I have been working out quite often since the age of 16, but, only became serious over the past year, or so. My heaviest, in high school, was 228lbs, and im guessing 20-22% bf. At a couple points, over the past couple years, while i was at university for my first degree, i took up to two months off as a result of serious course obligations and an illness. Those days are now over, as long as no serious illness or injuries hinder me. I believe I have, at this point, quite a solid base to build off of.

Any criticism at all??? I have read that I should steer clear of breads. How about yeast free bread? If not yeast free, are there any types of break which woule be acceptable?

thanks,

tr05

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    Thanks for posting, guys.

I've read the stickies, and numerous threads on the board. I actually have regularily checked this site for a couple years now.

I guess i should also point out that my first experiences with training DID NOT only begin 5 months ago. Rather, five months ago was the point at which I made a conscious effort to improve my diet. I have been working out quite often since the age of 16, but, only became serious over the past year, or so. My heaviest, in high school, was 228lbs, and im guessing 20-22% bf. At a couple points, over the past couple years, while i was at university for my first degree, i took up to two months off as a result of serious course obligations and an illness. Those days are now over, as long as no serious illness or injuries hinder me. I believe I have, at this point, quite a solid base to build off of.

Any criticism at all??? I have read that I should steer clear of breads. How about yeast free bread? If not yeast free, are there any types of break which woule be acceptable?

thanks,

tr05

i tried to send you a PM but you aren't accepting them. if you go to edit options you can choose to receive them...

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Your plan isn't too bad, maybe at some more dex it should be a 2:1 ratio in favor of dex. I would make sure your getting a pro/fat meal before bed instead of pro/carb.

TR'05 is offline Member
    thanks a lot, xtina. I will edit my PMs right away.

Sounds good, sooners. Just out of curiousity, why should I have the extra meal before bed. My last PRO/CARB meal is usually between 6:00 or 7:00 pm, and afterwards I dont really eat again- for the most part. If i do it a PRO/FAT meal, so as to avoid nighttime carbs. Will adding the extra PRO/FAT meal help keep my metabolism up? To be honest, im just a little unsure as to the rationale. Thanks so much for the advice, tho, bro! Ill add that to my diet tonight.

tr'05

anything else guys?
    Last edited by TR'05; 10-15-2005 at 12:19 PM.

TR'05 is offline Member
    xtina, i dont think I can accept, nor use, PM's until a certain number of posts.....hah, i guess i gotta get my whoring up.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    you can do that. or you can choose to receive emails from members

TR'05 is offline Member
    ohhh, okay...awesome, ill do that instead. Thanks for the tip!

tr'05

TR'05 is offline Member
    okay. done and done- hopefully.

TR'05 is offline Member
    bump...

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    You have carbs in every meal listed except meal #3......I would say maybe try and lower the carbs a bit and see what happens.

TR'05 is offline Member
    Yah, that's a good point, chuck. You think i should switch the 2nd meal to PRO/FAT- maybe loose the bread, keep the turkey, and add a tbsp of natty peanut butter to the shake?

tr'05

Yeah that would be a bit better, if you are looking to get really shredded I would cut out mayo all together and use a more healthy fat.

TR'05 is offline Member
    Okay, sounds good. I thought MAyo was healthy fats? Is my knowledge flawed? Only 10 grams of fat come from the Mayo, so you think its that big of a prob?

Not a huge problem but the majority of your fats should be like flax, fish oils etc....

Thread Information