spound is offline Anabolic Member

Need help making my mother a diet/workout plan

Yup, my mom promised me that if i took the time to design a diet/workout regimen for her that she would actually stick to it. I am descent at dieting/nutrition for myself but that is because i know my body, but i have no experience with nutrition/needs for females. Her stats are:

55yrs old
    5'7"
    165lbs
    22-30%bF im guessing, as i know women are higher, but she is not FAT by any means

I am guessing he LBM is around 110-120 lbs, so I am guessing her daily caloric intake should be around the 1500 range to lose weight??? I may be wayyy off her. She is limited to going to the gym only once per day, so please keep that in mind, she is not a competitor by any means, she just wants to get/stay in shape and look better. I was thinking something like this:

Monday: weights...chest/shoulders/tris
    Tuesday: Cardio in the am on an empty stomach at 75 of her MHR for 45 min.-1hr
    Wed: weights....legs
    Thursday: same as tuesday
    Friday: back, and biceps
    saturday and sunday: same as tuesday and thursday.

-she may have a day in there where she palys tennis or does an aerobics class with soem weight too.

HOw does this look? Remember she works out already, but is not looking to compete or anything, much less take it to the level that many of us do here.

Here is what i was thinkign as far as diet goes:
    Cardio days:
    cardio
    m#1: eggwhites, 1 tbs of flax or 2tbs natty Peanut butter
    m#2: grilled chicken and 1 cup oatmeal
    m#3: lean beef/steak and brocolli, maybe 10-15 almonds
    m#4: fish (or any other lean protein)/broccoli or asparagus and almonds
    m#5: .5-1 cup cottage cheese with splenda

Lifting days:
    M#1: eggwhites and 1 cup oatmeal
    hit the wieghts
    M#2: whey shake (1.5 scoops) with 40-60g dextrose
    M#3: lean chicken and brown rice (.5 cups)
    M#4: salmon and broccoli
    M#5: chicken and almonds and asparagus

How does a diet like this look? You think she coudl get soem descent reesults with that, not ever mixing her fats and carbs in the same meal? I jsut want to help my motehr lose wieght so bad and look good, bc when she is in shape she looks great and has good muscle tone for her age. Also, i dont knwo wmuch about portion sizes for her, so any input on that woudl be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!

bump

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    Yup, my mom promised me that if i took the time to design a diet/workout regimen for her that she would actually stick to it. I am descent at dieting/nutrition for myself but that is because i know my body, but i have no experience with nutrition/needs for females. Her stats are:

55yrs old
    5'7"
    165lbs
    22-30%bF im guessing, as i know women are higher, but she is not FAT by any means

I am guessing he LBM is around 110-120 lbs, so I am guessing her daily caloric intake should be around the 1500 range to lose weight??? I may be wayyy off her. She is limited to going to the gym only once per day, so please keep that in mind, she is not a competitor by any means, she just wants to get/stay in shape and look better. I was thinking something like this:

Monday: weights...chest/shoulders/tris
    Tuesday: Cardio in the am on an empty stomach at 75 of her MHR for 45 min.-1hr
    Wed: weights....legs
    Thursday: same as tuesday
    Friday: back, and biceps
    saturday and sunday: same as tuesday and thursday.

-she may have a day in there where she palys tennis or does an aerobics class with soem weight too.

HOw does this look? Remember she works out already, but is not looking to compete or anything, much less take it to the level that many of us do here.

Here is what i was thinkign as far as diet goes:
    Cardio days:
    cardio
    m#1: eggwhites, 1 tbs of flax or 2tbs natty Peanut butter
    m#2: grilled chicken and 1 cup oatmeal Maybe do the Flax here and Oats in the AM, little more normal I would think.
    m#3: lean beef/steak and brocolli, maybe 10-15 almonds
    m#4: fish (or any other lean protein)/broccoli or asparagus and almonds
    m#5: .5-1 cup cottage cheese with splenda Add some form of fat here.

This also seems like very low carbs, you wanna wanna add in another carb meal somewhere. See how she reacts though

Lifting days:
    M#1: eggwhites and 1 cup oatmeal
    hit the wieghts
    M#2: whey shake (1.5 scoops) with 40-60g dextrose
    If I were you I wouldn't have my mom drinking Dex, have her eat some oats, cereal, or my carb of choice Whole Wheat Bagel
    M#3: lean chicken and brown rice (.5 cups)
    M#4: salmon and broccoli
    M#5: chicken and almonds and asparagus

How does a diet like this look? You think she coudl get soem descent reesults with that, not ever mixing her fats and carbs in the same meal? I jsut want to help my motehr lose wieght so bad and look good, bc when she is in shape she looks great and has good muscle tone for her age. Also, i dont knwo wmuch about portion sizes for her, so any input on that woudl be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!
    Looks like a nice plan you got for your mom, it should help her trim off some fat. Tell her that she can do cardio some after weights to so that she can get maybe like 4-5 days of it in. Other than that it looks fairly good, you'll have to see how she reacts to this.

mitch911 is offline Member
    its funny how alot of women(mothers) go on those atkins diets and weight watchers and get frustrated with no results when really this type of diet will result in dramatic results and for some1 who is above normal bf and has been eating not soo good there whole life will see results very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Looks like a nice plan you got for your mom, it should help her trim off some fat. Tell her that she can do cardio some after weights to so that she can get maybe like 4-5 days of it in. Other than that it looks fairly good, you'll have to see how she reacts to this.

Thanks giantz for the help. After thining about it, i agree about the dextrose. ALso, the reason i have the oatmeal in the second meal instead of the first after cardio on cardio days is because i wanted her to be in lipolysis for longer by keeping the carbs out after cardio.

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    My guess is that she needs more cardio and less lifting...so 3x/wk might be a little much for weights IMO. Especially since there is no off-day in there. For the lifts, it wouldn't hurt to have them as total body lifts 2x p/week that way she gets her metabolism going by working her lower half both times. If you want her to stick to something and not hate you while she's following it, I would mix in one day that she does not have anything scheduled...or at least one day that she gets to do something she considers fun that is active...like gardening (ha...I just wrote that on a roid site!)

Thread Information