miamistar is offline Junior Member

Negatives of Drinking Alcohol

Can alcohol really have a dramatic effect on the way your body looks if you have a casual 2-3 drinks a night and on some occasions get pretty drunk. I am 20 yrs old and in college and sometimes feel that I am really doing damage to my body is this correct?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    2-3 drinks a night, why even worry about fitness?

Not only is that not part of any nutritional approach, u are damaging
    yourself and ability to put on muscle daily, so that's yet another
    reason to not bother.

Gettin' "pretty drunk" in the world of fitness means setting yourself back at least a week on a cellular level.

~SC~

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Im in college and I never drink whatsoever...but Ive never understood the point of drinking and even more so..."gettin drunk"...

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    And it promotes estrogen so if ur on anything...
    Bad News Bears...

Save that sh*t for special occasions, like New Years, and ur 21st Bday...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    It greatly increases the risk of waking up naked next to a fat hoe with no recollection on what has happened

to be serious 2-3 drinks a night isnt just bad for your muscle but for health aswell. The few occasions when you get realy drunk, well your in college so its a part of it. But limit yourself to once a month if possible.

Decide what is most important. Liqour or a great body.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    This is an amazing question...

Some of the questions I would ask you is this...

Why are you on this forum ? Is it to further your knowledge in an activity that you are currently involved in ? If so, why would this even be a question?

The second thing I would ask is the act of going to college to develop a skill to obtain decent employment ?

My understanding of this question is that you lack the maturity to answer this one yourself...

We are happy to assist anyones knowledge in a great sport/activity/lifestyle but you need to really consider your goals... Is college just a place to party, or to really devote all your energy into expanding your mind. This step in your life will dictate your existence. This drinking will hinder your focus in school and in the gym..

Drop the drinking daily.. you may end up with a degree in " alcoholism " rather than a 4.0 !!! Drinking on occasion in moderation is fine, however you need to wrap your arms around the thought that your choices now will effect everything this day forward...

Challenge your mind and your body...drop the drinking !

Good Luck

Markymark

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I went out drinking with my girl and bro the past week. I had one beer and i don't even think i finished it

My girl friend told me "You are really getting dedicated to working out"(she doesnt know about cycles)
    My brother knew exactly why i wasn't drinking and didn't say a word.[/QUOTE]

Like they say, its a life style.

Kurz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    Im in college and I never drink whatsoever...but Ive never understood the point of drinking and even more so..."gettin drunk"...
    shhhhesshh......you are missing out on some good times.........hey, I'm all for fitness. Never been in better shape, never cared more about my physique, etc. However, I was at my strongest, most massive (and only around 11-12%) in college becuase I had balance. I trained hard 5x a week, did my cardio, eat semi-clen but drank a decent amount once a week, twice max. Never phased me, because I was young. Now I may have 2-3 glasses of red wine a week. nothing more, usually. It's all about BALANCE!

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    I have plenty of good times...I just dont have to distort my reality to do so...Im sorry if you do...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurz
    shhhhesshh......you are missing out on some good times.........hey, I'm all for fitness. Never been in better shape, never cared more about my physique, etc. However, I was at my strongest, most massive (and only around 11-12%) in college becuase I had balance. I trained hard 5x a week, did my cardio, eat semi-clen but drank a decent amount once a week, twice max. Never phased me, because I was young. Now I may have 2-3 glasses of red wine a week. nothing more, usually. It's all about BALANCE!
    Agreed, keep it moderate Kyrz you the man...

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    It greatly increases the risk of waking up naked next to a fat hoe with no recollection on what has happened
    LMAO...

Kurz is offline Member
    I have plenty of good times...I just dont have to distort my reality to do so...Im sorry if you do...
    nah, distorting reality really isnt what I meant.........a few drinks tends to loosen ya up, etc....not that you can't have fun sober because you can, I did and now I do.....it was just a way to releave some of the tension, it's no doubt a drug (like coffee) and one many use to excess. Not my point, but a few drinks is not going to effect you.

however, now, if I have more than 2, i'm hurtin'! lol

In high school whenever I feelt realy worn and sic of workouts/diet I always had one night full of liqour and partying. After that my motivation always came back. For some wierd reason Im always at my strongest 2 days after alot of alcohole. But I drink VERY seldomly so the relaxing effect is probably a bit positiv for me everynow and then.

Kurz is offline Member
    anyone still have maybe a glass of good wine each night?

there aint such a thing as a good tasting wine

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member

couldn't agree more...if i cut myself off completely i would go nutz. some people need their cheat meal, i need to get blitzed once a month!

more power to ya if you dont drink though

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    bottom line: Besides that alchol is bad for your health (in excess,) if you want to cut or enhance your apperance it will refrain you from doing so.. I know your new to this and were all here to help you.. Cut out the drinking- get on a strict diet as well as a cardio regime and you should see the gains you are looking for..

miamistar is offline Junior Member

I appreciate your help guys

Thanks alot, and I know the words were pretty stern but it got the message across to me and it makes me glad to be a part of something like this because I know I will get a straight answer. Im going to take everything you guys said into consideration and cut all the bs out of my lifestyle. Thanks again.

Right On...

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Ditto

nah, distorting reality really isnt what I meant.........a few drinks tends to loosen ya up, etc
    The process of being 'loosened up' is one of distorted reality.. as outside factors don't change.. only one's perception of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftnainez
    bottom line: Besides that alchol is bad for your health (in excess,) if you want to cut or enhance your apperance it will refrain you from doing so.. I know your new to this and were all here to help you.. Cut out the drinking- get on a strict diet as well as a cardio regime and you should see the gains you are looking for..
    Ditto on all counts

~Nark

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i have been hammard for 3 days straight but im on vacation

Big_Flex is offline Junior Member
    SURGEON GENERALS WARNING- Drinking alcohol may impair one's ability to drive a car or operate machinery. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy may cause birth defects as well as cause health problems.

Nuff said.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    i am in college i used to drink everynight then i joined the board i have a couple of drinks one night out of the week i went eating fast food at 3 in the moring to eating grilled chicken instead.i barely like going out anymore.

Crowned is offline Junior Member
    Here is the question we all want to know: How does weed effect the body?

In The Hunter Gatherer Sense Of The Word...
    BAD...

MarkyMark is offline Member
    anyone still have maybe a glass of good wine each night?
    Last night ( Banardus Marinus ) very nice...

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowned
    Here is the question that has been answered 100 times so far and that is going to get this thread locked.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Yes this has been covered as bor said. We can still discuss alcohol in here. Please use a search and don't jack people's thread, it's disrespectful.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowned
    By posting stupid questions on diet forum boards while hijacking another person's thread.

~SC~

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Im in college, and big universtiy at that there are roughly 4-6 parties I am invited to from thursday through sunday. Ill go out and enjoy myself def. DO NOT need to get drunk to have a good time. You should learn to be a social drinker, and even so in moderation.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

That's Me

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    I went out drinking with my girl and bro the past week. I had one beer and i don't even think i finished it

My girl friend told me "You are really getting dedicated to working out"(she doesnt know about cycles)
    My brother knew exactly why i wasn't drinking and didn't say a word.
    Like they say, its a life style.[/QUOTE]

Nurse a beer for an hour althgouh last night, my wife kept filling my wine glass up throughout dinner with friends. On the way home, she says " should I drive?" I said "No, I just had a half glass." She says, "no you had FIVE!!!!!, I kept filling yours up!"

Kurz is offline Member
    m-o-d-e-r-a-t-i-o-n

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    miami star good luck brotha! Were here for u!

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    uuhhhhh blah !!! i just got from vacation yesteray i was hammard the entier time " wedding " parties man gotta love em seeing old family and friends it was awsome but i can deffintly tell a diffrence in the gym i feel like total shit and cant lift shit i will not be drinking for a very long time

hulkzer is offline Associate Member
    same here i keep on gaining if i drink or not. this doesn't work for everyone. im
    sure i could gain a little faster if i didn't drink at all but that's what i like.
    my favorite cheat meal 10" pizza from boston's and a huge fat tire.
    zer_

Thread Information