Lunacy is offline Member

Dextrose and Maltodextrin

Where can i get a good Dextrose and Maltodextrin mix? Having trouble with this one.

Also, I am used to drinking a protien smoothie I make up after I work out. I use frozen strawberries, a banana, OJ, and ~50gms protien. If i get the total sugar from all the fruit and OJ close to 100gms. Can I take this in place of the dextrose/maltodetrin mix so many bros use in their PWO? I am about to run a cycle of Test E in a few weeks, so I need to get my bulking diet straight.
    Last edited by Lunacy; 10-18-2005 at 08:43 PM.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

Lunacy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    looks like they only have dextrose and its sold out. What do you think about the second part of my question?

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    bulkfoods.com

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i think the dextrose would be better than the fruit because it is already broken down into sugar's simplest form. fructrose is a little harder to digest.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    that will work pwo. Any carb works pwo. Unless your planning on doing anything strenous the same day as your workout you dont need to worry about the fastes possible glycogen replenishment(some might disagree, this is jmo). I have switched to milk as my only pwo carb source and I have noticed no drop in gains at all.

Lunacy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    that will work pwo. Any carb works pwo. Unless your planning on doing anything strenous the same day as your workout you dont need to worry about the fastes possible glycogen replenishment(some might disagree, this is jmo). I have switched to milk as my only pwo carb source and I have noticed no drop in gains at all.
    Good. I would much rather stick with the same protien style smoothies I have been making. They are so good.

But, being on juice, it still wouldnt matter either way?

nah juice doesnt matter either way. Only thing I would do differently diet wise when on the juice is bump upp totaly protein consumption a bit. The increased protein synthesis got to have some amino acids to work with

Lunacy is offline Member
    nah juice doesnt matter either way. Only thing I would do differently diet wise when on the juice is bump upp totaly protein consumption a bit. The increased protein synthesis got to have some amino acids to work with
    For sure. I am going to try to get clost to 400 gms ed. Also, Should I gradually increase cals and protien throughout cycle. Say 50, 75, maybe 100 more cals a week?

the sane approach I guess is to gradualy increase. I usualy dont count anything besides protein when I bulk and I always go by stenght gains not by the scale. So its something you have to play by the ear. Gradual increase would be the best if you want to minimise fatgains thats for sure. But it might mean less gains the first weeks aswell.

Lunacy is offline Member
    the sane approach I guess is to gradualy increase. I usualy dont count anything besides protein when I bulk and I always go by stenght gains not by the scale. So its something you have to play by the ear. Gradual increase would be the best if you want to minimise fatgains thats for sure. But it might mean less gains the first weeks aswell.
    Not too worried about fat. It will be all gone by summer and serious diet/cutting. I am somewhere around 13%, give or take a %, and I am suppose to be taking in around 3200 or so cals a day to maintain. I was going to start at about 3500 and increase close to 4500 by the end. Does this sound resonable? Should I start lower then 400 gms protien and increase from that lower point, or is 400 fine to start and maybe end at 500gms? Also, I am going to generaly follow the bulking sticky at the top.

Stats:
    5'9"
    ~13%bf
    working out 6 years

Thread Information