Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    chest6 is offline Banned

normal diet day..not great

cardio 5 days a week or so
    1. (after cardio or first meal on non cardio days) 3 packets oatmeal noncardio days, 4 packets cardio days
    3 scoops whey in water

2. 2 sandwiches ham/swiss/wheat turkey/swiss/wheat
    dont sure honestly

3. tuna sandwich

4. 8 oz brisket

5. 2 chicken breasts

Workout (I workout really late)
    Pwo shake 41g protein 40g dextrose 40g malti.

6. 4tbspoon PB (need to look into natural for low sugar)
    non training days 3 scoops whey

I know my diet needs a lot of work, lately I have been looking at my diet and thinking it resembles a bulking diet almost. Any thoughts? This is the main thing that is lacking.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    1. (after cardio or first meal on non cardio days) 3 packets oatmeal noncardio days, 4 packets cardio days
    3 scoops whey in water

dont sure honestly

3. tuna sandwich

4. 8 oz brisket

5. 2 chicken breasts

I know my diet needs a lot of work, lately I have been looking at my diet and thinking it resembles a bulking diet almost. Any thoughts? This is the main thing that is lacking.
    So your 1st meal is pro/carb and the next 2 are pro/carb then preworkout is pro/fat followed by pro/carb and lastly pro/fat? just wondering
    I dunno personally i like to have my 1st,pre,pwo and ppwo to be pro/carb and the rest pro/fat. throw up the totals real quick

One thing before I head out you definitly need to throw in some fruits and veggies in there

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    One thing before I head out you definitly need to throw in some fruits and veggies in there
    I dunno if i can get the totals of the sandwiches..theyre from my dining hall and I pretty much have to use them up..theyre expensive. Ill get some fruits and veggies..I have yogurt in there some days..I dont really know how great that is.

I dunno if i can get the totals of the sandwiches..theyre from my dining hall and I pretty much have to use them up..theyre expensive. Ill get some fruits and veggies..I have yogurt in there some days..I dont really know how great that is.
    Ah the dining hall I hated that. College dieting sucks that's why I just had to get a job and say fvck it so now I have a diet that I want and not what they offer, but I gotta swell it up ill be back in a bit to help out. Peace

well chest here are some rough numbers on your food totals

these numbers a rough some companies are diffrent than others like size of the slice and such but they are in the area

Ham+turkey 1 slice: Kcal-46 P-4 Fat-2
    whole wheat(you want whole wheat) Kcal-122 P-4 Carb-21 fat-1
    a can of tuna-Kcal-120 P-26 fat-1

this site has a food database to find all kinds of food facts
    http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Chest that diet sucks..
    3 packets of oatmeal? what are the macros on that..
    3 scoops of protein? 2 should be enough..
    i'd throw some veggies in meal 4 and 5...
    And stick to turkey sandwiches if you must-no cheese.. thats JMO

EDIT: also 2 Tbs of peanut butter should be enough in meal 6..
    Last edited by 305GUY; 10-20-2005 at 03:06 PM.

do you have a dinning hall like buffet style where you can make your own sandwiches?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    do you have a dinning hall like buffet style where you can make your own sandwiches?
    not that I have seen..one where theres shitty food and some days they have chicken breasts and I freak out (like once every 2 months)
    and one where theres just sandwiches like this one. The tuna can I have is big it says 15g protein and thats one serving and there is 5 servings in the can so=75g. Plus the bread that probably turns out to be 83g or so.

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    Chest that diet sucks..
    3 packets of oatmeal? what are the macros on that..
    3 scoops of protein? 2 should be enough..
    i'd throw some veggies in meal 4 and 5...
    And stick to turkey sandwiches if you must-no cheese.. thats JMO

EDIT: also 2 Tbs of peanut butter should be enough in meal 6..
    Ya I know man..inside I know how important diet is I just haven't been taking it seriously enough til one of my friends was like "Man..I know YOU know how important diet is..you need to fix it up". So get rid of the cheese? Forgot to say the oatmeal is flavored...I know lots of sugar I knew I would get busted on that. Naturally I eat a shitload and I am hungry 24/7 so I probably go a little overboard on the servings most the time...like the PB. What kinna veggies we talkin bout?

Oh and this is supposed to be a cutting diet...thing is I dont wanna lose too much strength so I didn't cut too much off.

I eat oatmeal packets also, but their the quacker weight control ones with only 1 gram of sugar (cinnamon flavored). Your crazy eating 3 packets of normal flavored oatmeal. thats a lot of sugar, and your cutting?..LOL.. I feel you about being hungry 24/7, especially when trying to cut but you just got to man up and get it done...
    So switch to regular oats or the weight control oats..
    You also need some green veggies such as broccoli and green beans in meal 4 and 5. and yeah i would drop the cheese in your sandwiches..
    i would stick with 2 scoops of whey for my shakes..
    and 2-3 tbs of all natty peanut butter if you must. (also i would switch it up to flax and fish oils occasionally)
    these wont make your diet "perfect" but it would increase your progress IMO.
    good luck.

Your best bet would be to have your food pre-packaged in tupperwares.
    drop the bread form meal 2 and 3, add EFA's and your diet will look MUCH better.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Your best bet would be to have your food pre-packaged in tupperwares.
    drop the bread form meal 2 and 3, add EFA's and your diet will look MUCH better.
    drop from 2 and 3? Ah thats hard..since I gotta use those mealtrades up. Should i just throw the bread out and get the sandwich..eat the ham and turkey?

oh yea..and where can I find flax oil at??

I eat oatmeal packets also, but their the quacker weight control ones with only 1 gram of sugar (cinnamon flavored). Your crazy eating 3 packets of normal flavored oatmeal. thats a lot of sugar, and your cutting?..LOL.. I feel you about being hungry 24/7, especially when trying to cut but you just got to man up and get it done...
    So switch to regular oats or the weight control oats..
    You also need some green veggies such as broccoli and green beans in meal 4 and 5. and yeah i would drop the cheese in your sandwiches..
    i would stick with 2 scoops of whey for my shakes..
    and 2-3 tbs of all natty peanut butter if you must. (also i would switch it up to flax and fish oils occasionally)
    these wont make your diet "perfect" but it would increase your progress IMO.
    good luck.
    Il get some normal oats..I think I have seen those in the tall quaker containers..my gf has it and I always have that when Im over there. Im gonna get some natty pb today..I just have normal stuff right now. Goin to the grocery store now...thanks man
    Last edited by chest6; 10-20-2005 at 04:39 PM.

drop from 2 and 3? Ah thats hard..since I gotta use those mealtrades up. Should i just throw the bread out and get the sandwich..eat the ham and turkey?

oh yea..and where can I find flax oil at??
    You can buy flax oil at gnc or any supplement website.
    As for meal 2 and 3 personally yes, i would drop the bread and eat the ham and turkey and even cheese if you really wanted too, along with some almonds or fish oil gels(i couldnt live without my fish oil gels) or tbs. of flax. The tuna i'm sure comes with mayo so just have like 2 tuna snadwiches w/out bread for a good pro/fat meal.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    3 scoops whey in water 4 PACKETS!! THATS 120CARBS ID DROP IT ABIT AND SPLIT CARBS UP THROUGH OUT THE DAY

2. 2 sandwiches ham/swiss/wheat turkey/swiss/wheat--MAKE THIS PRO FAT
    dont sure honestly

3. tuna sandwich---DITCH TH BREAD USE BROWN RICE

4. 8 oz brisket

5. 2 chicken breasts---YOU NEED TO ADD EFA'S HERE OR CARB'S YOUR OPTION

non training days 3 scoops whey---USE ALL NATTY PB, REGULAR PB HAS HYDROGENATED OILS..

THAT SHOULD HELP A BIT COME ON CHEST CHECK THE STICKIES, BTW YOU LIVE IN THE DOORMS???

I say the best way is to get a job so you can buy and eat what you want. Or you could rob a bank one hit and your set. Anyway I couldn't live of dining foods anymore everyday some crap that you don't need

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    THAT SHOULD HELP A BIT COME ON CHEST CHECK THE STICKIES, BTW YOU LIVE IN THE DOORMS???
    thanks man..all i need now is some flax..yup i live in the dorms. When I get a lil more $$ Im gonna get sum chicken breasts I ran out..sum frozen ones I just figured out I got enuf room in my small fridge freezer thing.

You can buy flax oil at gnc or any supplement website.
    As for meal 2 and 3 personally yes, i would drop the bread and eat the ham and turkey and even cheese if you really wanted too, along with some almonds or fish oil gels(i couldnt live without my fish oil gels) or tbs. of flax. The tuna i'm sure comes with mayo so just have like 2 tuna snadwiches w/out bread for a good pro/fat meal.
    just got back from grocery..got some quaker oats..and for pb i found natty pb but it was natural peanut butter with honey so i didnt get that. I got some low carb shit it only has like 1g sugar per serving. Also..I got peanuts..the normal ones I had been eating honey roasted and I figured that wasn't good late at night with that sugar.
    Oh and the tuna is just plain..I eat it just plain no mayo..I should add some for some fat I guess

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    what grocery store do you shop at? everyone ive been in has plain natural pb. they usually have flax oil too.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    hoe do you cook chicken breast in a doorm room??? you gotta foreman grill

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    what grocery store do you shop at? everyone ive been in has plain natural pb. they usually have flax oil too.
    HEB. THey had low fat, low carb, natural with honey, creamy, crunchy, just not plain natural. I looked like an idiot I looked over it like 10 times looking for it..I must have been there for like 5 minutes looking for it people were like hurry up.

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    hoe do you cook chicken breast in a doorm room??? you gotta foreman grill
    yup foreman grill. I love those things. At home, I have a huge one where I can cook 3 at a time..I love that one \

When I get sum more $$ im pickin up tubbleware, frozen breasts (no not those kinds steve0) and sum dextrose

chest6 is offline Banned
    so the brisket is alright??

In place of bread could I add pasta??

HEB. THey had low fat, low carb, natural with honey, creamy, crunchy, just not plain natural. I looked like an idiot I looked over it like 10 times looking for it..I must have been there for like 5 minutes looking for it people were like hurry up.
    do you have king soopers, walmart, safeway, or albertsons? i shop at all those stores and they all have it. you can get natrual in crunchy or creamy style...if thats what you meant. I attached a pic of the brand i get, maybe if you know what the label looks like it'll be easier to find. not trying to make you feel like a dumbass...i know i have skipped over it before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails normal diet day..not great-natty_pb.jpg  

cavemanspearchucker is offline Associate Member
    they dont have adams peanutbutter in tx? gasp

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    do you have king soopers, walmart, safeway, or albertsons? i shop at all those stores and they all have it. you can get natrual in crunchy or creamy style...if thats what you meant. I attached a pic of the brand i get, maybe if you know what the label looks like it'll be easier to find. not trying to make you feel like a dumbass...i know i have skipped over it before.
    yup that was the brand cept it had honey in it..I was like "ohh so close" out loud in the grocery store haha

yup that was the brand cept it had honey in it..I was like "ohh so close" out loud in the grocery store haha
    you could try another store...or a whole foods store or something.

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    what are you trying to achieve? i mean are you trying to bulk or cut? im not sure thats a very good for cutting. i guess it could be for bulking but you might need some more calories in there even for that and rearranging those meals around as well.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    what are you trying to achieve? i mean are you trying to bulk or cut? im not sure thats a very good for cutting. i guess it could be for bulking but you might need some more calories in there even for that and rearranging those meals around as well.
    How would you arrange it? Im tryin to cut.

so the brisket is alright??

In place of bread could I add pasta??
    The brisket is fine just add some green veggies...
    I wouldnt recommend pasta when cutting.. just stick to brown rice or sweet potatoes. if you must eat pasta make sure its whole wheat.

3 scoops whey in water
    2 SCCOPS WHEY 1/2 CUP REGULAR OATS OR 1 PACKET OF WEIGHT CONTROL OATS

dont sure honestly
    DITCH THE BREAD ADD SOME EFA'S
    3. tuna sandwich
    ADD MAYO

4. 8 oz brisket
    ADD GREEN VEGGIES

5. PPWO 2 chicken breasts
    ADD BROWN RICE WITH SOME GREEN VEGGIES

2 TBS OF ALL NATTY PB 2 SCCOPS OF WHEY
    THIS IS WHAT I WOULD DO.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I'd throw in a Pro/carb prework out meal. Cottage Cheese, Whey and a bagel or something.

jdh
    if your trying to cut id go a bit longer on the cardio, say 35-45 mins at 65-75% mhr. when i cut i drop carbs as low as possible but still take in carbs for my two pwo's. its sort of a modified atkins. i eat high protein and moderate fat with very little carbs all day and then for those 2 pwos i take in my carbs, even if its not till late at night. because regardless of what time you work out you need those to pro/carb pwo's. ive found by using this im able to shed fat and retain most of my muscle.heres how my meals would go:
    1.(after cardio) pro/fat
    2. pro/fat
    3.pro/fat
    4.pwo1(pro/carb)
    5.pwo2(pro/carb)
    6.pro/fat
    you can rearrange it so those pwos fit into your schedule. remember dont mix fats and carbs.

chest6 is offline Banned
    THIS IS WHAT I WOULD DO.
    thanks a lot man..that was really helpful. I have my 2 turkey/ham sandwiches right now and Im just gonna eat the ham and turkey..I dont have any fish oils or flax right now...but ill get some soon. Oh and yesterday I added some mayo to the tuna to make it pro/fat. I need to get that, brown rice, and some vegies. Im thinking about adding some fruit after my cardio or in the morning on non cardio days (meal 1).
    oh and I need to replace this low carb pb shit with natty pb..Im going to go somewhere else and see if they have it.

Good start once you get your shit straight, post it up. I'll turn you into a beast

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    if your trying to cut id go a bit longer on the cardio, say 35-45 mins at 65-75% mhr. when i cut i drop carbs as low as possible but still take in carbs for my two pwo's. its sort of a modified atkins. i eat high protein and moderate fat with very little carbs all day and then for those 2 pwos i take in my carbs, even if its not till late at night. because regardless of what time you work out you need those to pro/carb pwo's. ive found by using this im able to shed fat and retain most of my muscle.heres how my meals would go:
    1.(after cardio) pro/fat
    2. pro/fat
    3.pro/fat
    4.pwo1(pro/carb)
    5.pwo2(pro/carb)
    6.pro/fat
    you can rearrange it so those pwos fit into your schedule. remember dont mix fats and carbs.
    Looks good man..yea..no matter what time I workout I get those carbs in.
    Could I snack on some beef jerky late at night?

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    I'd throw in a Pro/carb prework out meal. Cottage Cheese, Whey and a bagel or something.
    will do..thanks giantz.

One more thing..how do you guys get those oats down?? Yesterday I added water with it to make it oatmeal..and I nearly threw up..I gagged like 5 times. This morning, after cardio, I just used a spoon and put it in my mouth and chewed it up then used some water to get it down, which wasn't as bad. What do you guys do??
    Last edited by chest6; 10-21-2005 at 01:12 PM.

Looks good man..yea..no matter what time I workout I get those carbs in.

will do..thanks giantz.

One more thing..how do you guys get those oats down?? Yesterday I added water with it to make it oatmeal..and I nearly threw up..I gagged like 5 times. This morning, after cardio, I just used a spoon and put it in my mouth and chewed it up then used some water to get it down, which wasn't as bad. What do you guys do??

Whoa dude you gotta flavor those bad boys up. I usually add some brown sugar and some milk, that makes things alot better.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Whoa dude you gotta flavor those bad boys up. I usually add some brown sugar and some milk, that makes things alot better.
    the sugar from that wont mess with anything? From my first post I had a bunch of flavored oatmeal packets w a bunch of sugar and everyone was like ditch all the sugar.

Also..I dont know if you saw it but i edited my post above after you posted this..to see if it was ok to snack on beef jerky late at night

chest6 is offline Banned
    Good start once you get your shit straight, post it up. I'll turn you into a beast
    haha good stuff..as beasty as possible

Well if you add your own you can know how much you put it. A Little sugar ain't gonna kill you, I mean you are eating with oats and Protein, so there's no worries really. I usually just make a bit less oats. But yeah don't use the flavored packets, if anything use some sugar, or honey.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Well if you add your own you can know how much you put it. A Little sugar ain't gonna kill you, I mean you are eating with oats and Protein, so there's no worries really. I usually just make a bit less oats. But yeah don't use the flavored packets, if anything use some sugar, or honey.
    good stuff...ill get sum brown sugar and sum more milk..skim I guess. Thinks are startin to shape up seems like..

jdh
    throw the raw oats in a blender with your protein drink. im bulking right now so i mix raw oats with plain fat free yogurt and and sugar free cheesecake pudding mix to it. damn its good. banana cream pudding is pretty good too.

cinnamon and splenda added to ur oatmeal is good too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information