scrapakilla is offline Associate Member

new diet what u think

I have been on what i thought was a perfect diet for the last 2 years. I have gone through many during this time only to find there were parts of it that were flawed, well i think i got it what do you think.

Meal 1 8 egg whites 40 grams of oatmeal

Meal 2 Protein shake 45 grams and a piece of fruit, either peach plum or an orange.

Lift

Meal 3 pwo 40 grams of protein 80 grams of dextrose

meal 4 6 ounces of chicken breast 85 grams of oatmeal

meal 5 4.5 ounces of lean steak

meal 6 4 ounces of cooked salmon. 4 ounces of cottage cheese.

they weigh these numbers after it has been cooked.

I am bulking what do you guys think. I added the steak because i am trying to get a little more claories soo i figured id get some from all the fat. Any problems with this diet, any suggestions? I also know i am a little short on the calories any other sugestions to helo that as well thanks.

scm007 is offline Associate Member
    OK, first of all, you are not eating enough methinks, second, you have no fats, third you have all carbohydrates. As far as I understand (I'm sort of new, but not really) you need to seperate protein and carbohydrate diets and then protein and fat diets. Having approximately the same amount of protein in each, and similar calories, with more coming Preworkout, postworkout, and ppwo. So for you

Change the fruit in meal 2 with 2 tbs of peanut butter. Then add another meal before Lifting, like some chicken and rice, something p/c. Then have meal 3 and meal 4 the same after lifting. For meal 5 possibly have more steak and add some vegetables maybe and then some fat, I don't know hwat you would have with dinner like that. Meal 6 is fine. Then have a Meal 8 (because you added that p/c meal before lifting) with like 2 cans of tuna fish and some mayonnaise before bed. That's what I would think, I'm on a similar diet to that and it is working for me.

But how big are you?

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    where are the fats>>???

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by collar
    where are the fats>>???
    agreed....we are referring to E.F.A omega 3-6, E.P.A, D.H.A these are fatty acids that support the cardiac system, nervous system, drain, eyes, and help regulate growth, ect, ect,
    Last edited by S.P.G; 10-20-2005 at 06:39 AM.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    what are your stats? It looks like your eating maybe the bare minimum. Also better get some fat in there

im 200 like 10 percent body fat, i had been bulking real dirty in the past i have always kept the protein high though, wut meals should i add the fats too
    h

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Check out the how to bulk stick. Then revise your diet and re-post it to critique.

certain meals should contain pro/carb and some pro/fat. The bulking thread lays this out perfectly for you and thwen you can add and subtract what you want

Pinkvelvet is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    im 200 like 10 percent body fat, i had been bulking real dirty in the past i have always kept the protein high though, wut meals should i add the fats too
    h
    Add some Flax Oil for your shakes...or as a dressing...help get for Omega Fatty Acids in your diet.
    And, I agree with some of the comments that your not eating enough. As suggested always have a balanced meal...carbs and protein together..they compliment each other in absorbing nutrients, vitamins, et cetera.
    Add some rice to your meals..perhaps some yams or potatoes.
    If your confused about the amount of food...lets just say..I eat the same amount or more ...and I'm 5'3 woman....

If your confused about the amount of food...lets just say..I eat the same amount or more ...and I'm 5'3 woman....

Talk about a wake up call, thanks for all your help everyone im gonna go shopping and i am going to start following the bulking sticky to the letter

i lied, i just realized i am not eatin no 8 meals a day. 6 is plenty for me for now, here is what i out together using the bulking sticky for 6 meals.

meal 1 chicken 50 grams protein oats 75 grams of carbs

meal 2 steak 50 grams of protein 35 grams fat

meal 3 pwo 40 grams protein 80 grams carbs

meal 4 ppwo 50 grams protein 100 grams carbs

meal 5 salmon 35 grams of protein 22 grams of fat

meal 6 whey protein 50 grams of protein 21 grams of fat

thats a little under 3000 cals plus im gonna eat a cookie here and there so im sure ill have over 3000 what do you guys think

Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    i lied, i just realized i am not eatin no 8 meals a day. 6 is plenty for me for now, here is what i out together using the bulking sticky for 6 meals.

meal 1 chicken 50 grams protein oats 75 grams of carbs

meal 2 steak 50 grams of protein 35 grams fat

meal 3 pwo 40 grams protein 80 grams carbs

meal 4 ppwo 50 grams protein 100 grams carbs

meal 5 salmon 35 grams of protein 22 grams of fat

meal 6 whey protein 50 grams of protein 21 grams of fat

thats a little under 3000 cals plus im gonna eat a cookie here and there so im sure ill have over 3000 what do you guys think

this looks a lot beter just make sure you get some fruits and veggies in there and that your carbs are complex, except postworkout and a piece of fruit in the morning is cool.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Looks like you got it down but iwouldnt count my PWO shake as a meal

Thread Information