chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member

Are cheat meals THAT important?

I have been on a really strict diet for almost 5 weeks without cheating at all. I feel like I deserve a cheat meal or even a cheat day, but are they really neccessary? Because I feel like I can keep going on this diet without cheating. Do they really help your metabolism that much? And if they are that important why do most bodybuilders cut out cheat meals during the last 5-6 weeks?

Also what exactly is the definition of a cheat meal/day.....can you eat whatever you want? I think that a clean carb load would work best........

I would like to hear from some guys who have either VERY low bf or have competed....

bolin is offline Associate Member
    when I am cutting I still have one cheat meal, NOT cheat day, once a week... it is important so to spark up your metabolism.....and keeps you sane!!!

Bolin

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    They are important for mental sanity...... but as for a metabolism recharge I've seen them work both ways. Some people think it really helps, others feel that if you are not starving yourself your metabolism doesn't really slow that much. Either way it is a personal choice, if you feel you are getting good results with no cheat day and don't need one not to go crazy, then don't have one.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    After so long of the same meals over and over again I feel that by using a cheat meal/day you throw off your body b/c it's not used to normal food and thus kicks up the metabolism. That's my take personaly.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    IMO yes, i swell up like a pulp after a cheat meal, and i can squat an 18 wheeler the next the day

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    after 7days or so i start to really want that cheat meal so it just keeps me sane.. but like steveo said, they make me feel thick and strong again.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i did a healthy carb refeed an dim 4 weeks out from a show...other than that i dont feel cheating is necessary unless you are gonna go insane and fall off the wagon completely.

Thread Information