dazbo is offline Senior Member

whats with oats and egg whites????

Just a quick one. Something Ive always been confused by, when people mention 10egg whites and 1 cup of oats, for example - what do they do with the oats ??? and wi the egg whites ??

Mix them together ??

thanks

darren

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    you could do that if you want... ive tried it before and its not all that bad, or you can just eat them separate

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    Just a quick one. Something Ive always been confused by, when people mention 10egg whites and 1 cup of oats, for example - what do they do with the oats ??? and wi the egg whites ??

Mix them together ??

thanks

darren

go have a nice long nap bro....seriously, I hope your kidding.

darren.

IronFreakX is offline Banned

Mix them together ??

thanks

darren
    yeah just mix em together in a blender , add some cinnamon and cook in a pan with a fat free cooking spray and then add sugar-free maple syrup or honey(honey has a gi of 32 btw and 17 grams carbs per tbsp) dont use commercial runny honey , use the pure un treated , un refined without all that BS to make it better , runnier , golden , sexier etc.....

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I scrabble the egg whites and add black pepper. Then i have the oatmeal seperate with cinnamon and splenda.

see - not all that a stupid question! Some have them together and some seperate - unless they having my life?!!

Thing is, I class myself as a BIG eater. I can eat a lot and friends know it. BUT, after my full size bowl of porridge, Im stuffed!

TonyM is offline Junior Member
    I scramble the eggs and have the oats seperate, sometimes I add protein powder in with my oats

mitch911 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyM
    I scramble the eggs and have the oats seperate, sometimes I add protein powder in with my oats
    dont u find it gives it a grainy texture when u add the pro powder into the oats?

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    nah nah nah, you guys are goin about it all wrong. I use the G-Force method of preparing egg whites and oats. I take 6 whites, and about 75g's of Quaker Low Sugar apple cinamon oats, mix. Microwave for 2 minutes on high, stiring at 1 minute , and again at 30 sec (tends to get clumpy). Tastes great, add a little water or milk if too dry.

copenhagen is offline Member
    bb, im gonna have to try it, is it an acquired taste?

sounds a strange combo oats and egg whites! Plus Im in favour of keeping the yokes (At least in the healthy columbus, omega 3 rich eggs I get) so I would have at least half whole and half whites in there.

Does eggs n oats just make a thick porridge ? I think ill give it ago one morning when Im feeling adventurous!

thanks

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i think it was swole who said he mixes his egg whites in the oatmeal and puts cant believe its not butter spray w/salt. doesnt sound bad.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    sounds a strange combo oats and egg whites! Plus Im in favour of keeping the yokes (At least in the healthy columbus, omega 3 rich eggs I get) so I would have at least half whole and half whites in there.

Does eggs n oats just make a thick porridge ? I think ill give it ago one morning when Im feeling adventurous!

thanks
    It's not like porridge, it has more of a texture of fresh warm bread. With the low sugar apple cinamon oats i use, it really tastes good. If using plain oats I would use cinamon or a little nutmeg.

Thread Information