mrclark is offline Junior Member

Advice on my transition from cut to semi-lean bulk

Hey how are you all doing?

Well, I've been busy with school so I haven't been able to post up my new diet plan and fully execute it. I was hoping to have a few questions answered along with my diet that will be noted below. This isn't a major lean bulk, but it's sort of going towards a maintence-lean bulk

Original Stat's - (Jan '05) ~30% BF / 180sh lbs

Current Stat's - (OCT '05) 5' 5/12 / 27yrs old male / ~9-10% BF / 132lbs / Cutting @ ~1600cals - it was low and I should have bumped it - too late.

Goals - (DEC/JAN/....) 140lbs / ~10-12% BF

I'm assuming the BF% will go up slightly, but I will try to curb it with AM Fasted Cardio @ 4 days/week 45mins @ 65%MHR on auto-incline treadmill.

Ok my diet is pretty much the same on training + cardio vs non-training non- cardio days.except for a removal of the dextrose in my PWO.

Here's the breakdown. I usually get in about 5 pro/carb meals and 1 pro/fat on a close to 40/40/20 C/P/F split ratio. Fitday doesn't give me precise figures to equal this amount, but it's close enough - I hope.

*All meals are eaten every 2-3 hours except w/ Meal 1/PWO/PPWO timing.

AM Cardio 45mins @ 65%MHR treadmill ~3.5mph auto-incline

Meal 1 - PRO/CARB
    * 1 hour after cardio on cardio day
    * when I wake up on non-cardio day
    * multivitamin

1/2 Cup oats
    1 scoop isopure
    1 Teaspoon Cinnamon

256 Cal / 29g C / 30g P / 3g F

Meal 2 - PRO/FAT

7 Egg White
    1 Egg Yolk
    1 TBS Olive Oil
    1 Cup Broccoli

322 Cal / 8g C / 19g F

Meal 3 - PRO/CARB

3 Oz Boneless Chicken Breast
    1/4 Cup Grits
    1 Cup Broccoli

370 Cal / 44g C / 32g P / 7g F

Meal 4 - PRO/CARB
    *3g Vitamin C

~1/3 Cup Brown Rice
    1 Cup Broccoli

323 Cal / 36g C / 28g P / 7g F

WEIGHT TRAINING
    *4 day split
    * warm-up
    *6 working sets small muscles / 9-12 working sets large muscles w/ 12/10/8 increasing reps, using swole's kick ass leg routine
    * max 1 hour lifting

MEAL 5- PWO
    * ~10-15mins after lifting
    * it's close to but is NOT a 2:1 carb-pro ratio

1/2 Cup Oats
    2 Scoops Isopure
    50 grams Dextrose
    2 Teaspoon Cinnamon

550 Cal / 81g C / 55g P / 3g F

Meal 6 - PPWO PRO/CARB
    *~ 1 hour after PWO
    *600mg - 1g Calcium

~1/3 Cup Brown Rice
    1 Cup Broccoli

323 Cal / 36g C / 28g P / 7g F

Final Totals for Lifting+AM Cardio Days (4 DAYS)

2194Cal / 237g C / 210g P / 48g F (40/40/20 CLOSE TO IT)

Final Totals for NON-LIFTING NON-CARDIO DAYS (3 DAYS)

2006Cal / 187g C / 210g P / 48g F (44/34/22)
    * I just took out the 50grams of dextrose.

From the bulking stickies, I noticed that there were more pro-fat meals, and in my diet I only have 1 PRO-FAT meal... when searching through most of the threads here, many people have 2-3 PRO-FAT meals, but their weight was much higher than mine. This is where I wasn't sure if my meal combinations and amounts were correct - individual dependant, but hoping from your experience I can get some more info regarding this. Am I good to go with a singlle PRO-FAT meal?

Also, I understand that when increasing the calories, your BF will go up a bit... it's sufficient for doing cardio as I've mentioned only on training days to curb the BF increase?

With my 5th meal on non-training/non-cardio days, I drop the dextrose, but can I keep the oats at 1/2 cup or should I reduce it to 1/4?

Anyways guys and gals - thanks for your feedback. I'm just trying to fill out nicely... From my earlier cutting critque, I was told that my calories I was taking in then would turn my frame and size into a scrawny shell... I want to avoid that, but my goal is to fill out decently around 140ish. Swole, if you're reading this, cash and school is tight at the moment - so I will hit you up when the time comes. I mentioned that I'd contact you around this time... I haven't forgot.

Thanks for reading this again - hope I didn't miss out on any crucial points here... I've been on this so far for about a week, and I've noticed a lot more endurance when lifting at the gym - also more food which is a good thing
    Last edited by mrclark; 10-20-2005 at 09:45 AM. Reason: forgot to add supps*

bump'd for critique and opinions - many thanks

bumped again - sorry for that... I've been using oats & honey primarily for my pwo, thought I'd see how things work with a blend of dex and oats...

anyways, I hope one of y'all could look at my regimen over the weekend when you have time. Thank you again.

bump'd one more time....

bolin is offline Associate Member
    The diet look good.... I would make my last meal a pro fat meal.... at 132 lbs I would go on the Bulk diet and then cut when you feel that you have gained decent amount of muscle..... IMO

But diet looks good for your aim

thanks so much for responding bolin

A few clarifications, my last meal is usually a PPWO (Carb-PRO) after training and on non-training days too. Should I just take out one of my other carb-pro meals (for example, meal #4) and replace that meal after my ppwo to a pro-fat meal? Looks like in the bulking stickies, there were 4 pro/carb and 4 pro/fat meals - based on 3500 cal that is. If I'm shooting for like ~2200-2300ish calories it's tough to split that into 7 or even 8 meals hehe.

I guess i'll have to deal with 3 meals rather than 4 meals before lifting in the evening.

Baiscally I'm going to have to readjust these macros and bump the fat from ~50g/day to close to ~65-70g fat/day then huh? I can still stick with a 40/40/20 right?

Thread Information