MotoXracer is offline Associate Member

I gain weight twice as fast as I loose it?

When I diet, I usually loose and keep off 1-2 pounds per week. When I'm off my diet, i can easilly gain 3-4 pounds in a week. Does this mean I have a slow metabolism or does my diet just suck? Most of the guys that I know that are some what cut up were skinny to begin with and have worked out to get bigger. When they stop working out, they loose weight again. So knowing that i'm more prone to gaining weight then loosing it, how would I adjust my diet for this?

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    welcome to my world. it sucks! anyway if you work to build up some muscle your metabolism would be faster. also, your cutting diet might be too rigid so your metabolism slows way down...then when you go back to eating normally your body hangs on to the "excess" calories.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I agree with both of you but that's the card we were dealt lol

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    post ur diet bruh

mitch911 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    welcome to my world. it sucks! anyway if you work to build up some muscle your metabolism would be faster. also, your cutting diet might be too rigid so your metabolism slows way down...then when you go back to eating normally your body hangs on to the "excess" calories.
    what do u mean by rigid? i have the same problem...building muscle comes easy and dont need to eat as much as ppl preach but when it comes to dropping weight it gets slow and sometimes slows down

i meant a large daily calorie deficit...so your body is in starvation mode

mitch911 is offline Member
    yea i think thats what happend to me a year ago ...dropped the cals too fast comming from a bulk staright into a cut with bad transition

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    I have plenty of muscle and my metabolism still sucks. I find that if I don't stay on a semi-clean diet year round I turn into a fat blob of lard!

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    mmmm thats where drugs come in , yum

Pinkvelvet is offline Female Member
    Thats our lifestyle...I suggest just accept it!

I lost 30 pounds for my first show...typically; two a week...and I gained...at least three per week...an instant 10 pounds...in two days after my show.

Now...I'm heavier than before...and, I have to except that. If I didn't gain like I did, I wouldn't be able to put the muscle on that I need for my next show. Winter is my refuge...big bulky sweaters!!! It's the life we chose!

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I'm assuming much of the weight you put on after your show was water, no?

Oh, probably!

I had been dyhydrating for two days....and, after the show..the first thing I had was a steak with some fries...so, the sodium more than likely added to that as well.

But, for weeks...gaining was non-stop! I thought I was gonna explode the way I was going!

i'm still gaining a little..but, that could also be from the supplements and training...

I'm such a fatty!

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Nothing wrong with gaining fast, I wish I could lose as fast as you gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkvelvet
    Oh, probably!

I had been dyhydrating for two days....and, after the show..the first thing I had was a steak with some fries...so, the sodium more than likely added to that as well.

But, for weeks...gaining was non-stop! I thought I was gonna explode the way I was going!

i'm still gaining a little..but, that could also be from the supplements and training...

I'm such a fatty!
    this is why i could never compete...this would tear me up mentally. i can tell the morning after a day ive had too much sodium, it looks like i have gained 10 lbs. im sure its mostly water pink...plus, didnt you say you were on winny or anavar ? those may cause a little water retention also. when is your next show BTW?

i think it has a lot to do with your body type too...endomorph? i gain both muscle and fat really easy.

Well...my metabolism of course has slowed down from dieting for 20 weeks...so, it's still trying to level off.
    And, being deprived for so long of certain carbs...introducing them back into your diet...well...your body just isn't sure what to do with them.

I am on EQ and Win...but, those have just started stacking. And, other supplements will cause retention as well...such as Creatine.

Mentally for woman it is much tougher. I know it's not good to be 100 pounds, but its still difficult to get that past our thick skull! Woman put too much emphasize on the number! When, being as muscular as we are...we don't fit into the "normal" category...if there is such a thing!

Once I start to diet again...the first week will easily be 5 - 6 pounds...eliminated fruit, milk...certain carbs...etc.....
    No biggy...I'll be tiny soon enough. For now...enjoy the taste of certain foods while I can.

My next show is June 24...after that Aug. 5.....
    So, I don't start dieting till end of jan....beginning of Feb.

what are your goals as far as with the gear? i would be interested to know how it works out for you...you look really tiny so i think you would look awesome with a few more lbs of muscle.

good luck with your show! its cool that you know what your body responds to and how to "get there" i think thats the hardest part

My trainer has a goal of 8 - 10 pound of muscle for me this year. That should get me top 3; which will place me in for Nationals....probably 110-112 on stage this year. Much needed from last year!

Thanks X!!!!

Thread Information