chest6 is offline Banned

non workout days

On nonworkout days, should i have my normal pro/carb meal for #1 and then the rest be pro/fat for the rest of the day?
    My usual pro/carb meals come
    1. meal before workout
    2. pwo nutrition
    3. ppwo meal

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    On nonworkout days, should i have my normal pro/carb meal for #1 and then the rest be pro/fat for the rest of the day?
    My usual pro/carb meals come
    1. meal before workout
    2. pwo nutrition
    3. ppwo meal

keep evreything the same except your PWO shake dont take that down on ur non-workout days

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    keep evreything the same except your PWO shake dont take that down on ur non-workout days
    helpful as always...thanks a lot.

So my meal #7...2 chicken breasts/brown rice should be there even tho I will be consuming this around 11pm-12am

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    uhhh, yeah it's part of your diet, if you can take it down earlyier, because thats pretty late to be taken down some carbs, just make you PWO a pro/fat meal or shake then have your normale ppwo meal a few hours later

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    helpful as always...thanks a lot.

So my meal #7...2 chicken breasts/brown rice should be there even tho I will be consuming this around 11pm-12am
    Damn chest didnt realize that your pwo was so late, I dunno about carbs before bed. Everyone I have asked told me to go no carbs before bed. Anyone have opinions

mitch911 is offline Member
    switch up the order of ur meals try and get the carbs in ur early meals breakfast and 1 after

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    switch up the order of ur meals try and get the carbs in ur early meals breakfast and 1 after
    alright how bout this: (cutting diet mind you)

cardio 5 days a week or so
    1. 1/2 cup oats
    2 scoops whey in water

2. 4 slices turkey (add eggwhites later)
    Flax

3. tuna w/ mayo

4. 8 oz brisket
    green veggies

5. 6 oz yogurt or 1/2 oats? *changed to pro/carb*
    2 scoops whey

6. Workout (I workout really late)
    Pwo shake 40g protein 80g dextrose (looking for maltidextrin)

7. 2 chicken breasts *changed to pro/fat*
    flax

8. 2 tbsps natty pb
    2 scoops whey

is flax 2 times a day too much??
    Oh and i removed the brown rice at meal #7 and replaced with flax.

mitch911 is offline Member
    seems good id say no its not too much flax but dont forget u need some sat fat maybe add in some red meat instead of all the chicken for a pro/fat...in meal 5 ditch the yogurt and just have the shake and flax or another lean protein source

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    seems good id say no its not too much flax but dont forget u need some sat fat maybe add in some red meat instead of all the chicken for a pro/fat...in meal 5 ditch the yogurt and just have the shake and flax or another lean protein source
    I have brisket at meal 4..is that good?

So should I make meal #5 a pro/fat and only have one pro/carb meal a day? Or make 5 oats and whey like #1?

chest6 is offline Banned
    bump...

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I just wanna bump this because I finally found something on non-training days after looking through about 50 threads.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    Damn chest didnt realize that your pwo was so late, I dunno about carbs before bed. Everyone I have asked told me to go no carbs before bed. Anyone have opinions

Carbs before bed is myth, no validity to that at all.

I have brisket at meal 4..is that good?

So should I make meal #5 a pro/fat and only have one pro/carb meal a day? Or make 5 oats and whey like #1?
    No I'd have more than that for sure, make meals 1 and 2 pro/carb.

Kurz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    No I'd have more than that for sure, make meals 1 and 2 pro/carb.
    Agreed. You DO NOT grow in the gym.....how many times is this said? You grow and repaird for the next 24-40 hours.........why would you want to muscles to sacrifice just because they finallyt have a day to rest....it's sort of like having it be bed time, but you are forced to sleep outside on the sidewalk........

I am of the opinion that off days are times to grow and therefore you need the same, IF NOT MORE, cals than you would on your training days.....

I am bulking, so I do not worry about counting carbs, counting cals, mixing GOOD FATS with GOOD CARBS, etc, so most of my meals are p/f/c with the exception of prebed - usually pro and fats only.......sure I nix the PW shake, but my body could use the day off from the sugar surge anyways....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kurz
    Agreed. You DO NOT grow in the gym.....how many times is this said? You grow and repaird for the next 24-40 hours.........why would you want to muscles to sacrifice just because they finallyt have a day to rest....it's sort of like having it be bed time, but you are forced to sleep outside on the sidewalk........

I am of the opinion that off days are times to grow and therefore you need the same, IF NOT MORE, cals than you would on your training days.....

I am bulking, so I do not worry about counting carbs, counting cals, mixing GOOD FATS with GOOD CARBS, etc, so most of my meals are p/f/c with the exception of prebed - usually pro and fats only.......sure I nix the PW shake, but my body could use the day off from the sugar surge anyways....lol

Exactly, also when cutting carbs are important to help fill glycogen and to use insulin to reduce any muscle breakdown.

Thread Information