Thread: Sugar for PWO

chest6 is offline Banned

Sugar for PWO

So my dextrose doesn't come in for another week or so...takin awhile. Ive got some sugar here and I was wondering if I could just use 80g of that. Im pretty sure I have seen on here that it can be done, but just trying to make sure.

chest6 is offline Banned
    bump...anyone im about to do it haha

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I've done it...with decent results

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    if your in a bind it shouldnt hurt. the point is to raise your insuline and sugar will do that , just not as quick as dextrose. one time i forgot mine so i stopped at the gas station after the gym and bot a shit load of sweet tarts. not the best thing but it worked. my teeth hurt like a bitch after ward though.

Tho it isn't practised on the board...or generally accepted...i think sucrose is decent enough at glycogen replenishment.

For some reason...when i used sucrose tho...i got mad water retention...and mad pumps

I use dex exclusively now...since i use slin regularly

But since you're seeking a short-term substitute til your dex arrives...i can't see why you couldn't be advised to use sucrose for now.

cherokee6 is offline Junior Member
    wow....chest you are reading my mind...i just threw down near $200 on supplements...among them being Dex....and you you know how shipping goes....this Monday is D-day (the start of my new work out plan and my frist ever "strict-as-hell diet") so i am counting on everything being here...good question..and thx for the responses--

chest6 is offline Banned
    good stuff. Just finished cleaning up..thats messy as hell..tastes sweet too.

haha the steroid commercial is on! Soo funny!

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    good stuff. Just finished cleaning up..thats messy as hell..tastes sweet too.

haha the steroid commercial is on! Soo funny!
    i use my protein scoop so it it's accurate and not messy

Sweet as hell tho.
    Tastes like liquid tooth-rot

chest6 is offline Banned
    ooooo nark is green congrats..

i have no idea how many cups my protein scooper is..prolly like 1/5 or sumthin i dunno

Raven8264 is offline Junior Member
    Remember, Jay Cutler has a can of coke right after every workout

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    ooooo nark is green congrats..

i have no idea how many cups my protein scooper is..prolly like 1/5 or sumthin i dunno
    thanks man.

um.look at the protein bottle... it should have the gram-content of the scoop (e.g mine says 30 gr).

mutiply that by .9 (i think that's how many grams of carbs are in in a gram of sugar) for the carb content of the scoop (30 gr x .9 gr = 27 gr of carb per scoop)

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Sugar is half Glucose half Fructose so it will be ok. Read this:

Carbohydrate nutrition before, during, and after exercise.

Costill DL.

The role of dietary carbohydrates (CHO) in the resynthesis of muscle and liver glycogen after prolonged, exhaustive exercise has been clearly demonstrated. The mechanisms responsible for optimal glycogen storage are linked to the activation of glycogen synthetase by depletion of glycogen and the subsequent intake of CHO. Although diets rich in CHO may increase the muscle glycogen stores and enhance endurance exercise performance when consumed in the days before the activity, they also increase the rate of CHO oxidation and the use of muscle glycogen. When consumed in the last hour before exercise, the insulin stimulated-uptake of glucose from blood often results in hypoglycemia, greater dependence on muscle glycogen, and an earlier onset of exhaustion than when no CHO is fed. Ingesting CHO during exercise appears to be of minimal value to performance except in events lasting 2 h or longer. The form of CHO (i.e., glucose, fructose, sucrose) ingested may produce different blood glucose and insulin responses, but the rate of muscle glycogen resynthesis is about the same regardless of the structure.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Sugar is half Glucose half Fructose so it will be ok. Read this:

Carbohydrate nutrition before, during, and after exercise.

Costill DL.

The role of dietary carbohydrates (CHO) in the resynthesis of muscle and liver glycogen after prolonged, exhaustive exercise has been clearly demonstrated. The mechanisms responsible for optimal glycogen storage are linked to the activation of glycogen synthetase by depletion of glycogen and the subsequent intake of CHO. Although diets rich in CHO may increase the muscle glycogen stores and enhance endurance exercise performance when consumed in the days before the activity, they also increase the rate of CHO oxidation and the use of muscle glycogen. When consumed in the last hour before exercise, the insulin stimulated-uptake of glucose from blood often results in hypoglycemia, greater dependence on muscle glycogen, and an earlier onset of exhaustion than when no CHO is fed. Ingesting CHO during exercise appears to be of minimal value to performance except in events lasting 2 h or longer. The form of CHO (i.e., glucose, fructose, sucrose) ingested may produce different blood glucose and insulin responses, but the rate of muscle glycogen resynthesis is about the same regardless of the structure.
    always full of info..the bold really is helpful. Thanks giantz

Wilderbeast is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    thanks man.

um.look at the protein bottle... it should have the gram-content of the scoop (e.g mine says 30 gr).

mutiply that by .9 (i think that's how many grams of carbs are in in a gram of sugar) for the carb content of the scoop (30 gr x .9 gr = 27 gr of carb per scoop)
    No this is wrong. The density of protein powder is different to that of the carbs. Use a scales once to find out how much the scoop holds.

mitch911 is offline Member
    i remember last halloween to get in on some treats (sugar ones not fat ones) i just had some pwo for the sake of saying i took part in halloween lol and didnt feel guilty at all

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    if your in a bind it shouldnt hurt. the point is to raise your insuline and sugar will do that , just not as quick as dextrose. one time i forgot mine so i stopped at the gas station after the gym and bot a shit load of sweet tarts. not the best thing but it worked. my teeth hurt like a bitch after ward though.
    I had to do this once, man that sucked ass sitting there chewing and chewing and chewing.

GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Since an insulin spike is good after your workout. I drink 500ml of Gatorade and a N-large 2 shake... So does this mean I am allowed to eat candy and chocolate too ???? like that guy said he ate sweet tarts... If it is ...then im going to 7-11 after every workout and getting a slurpee too

mitch911 is offline Member
    chocolate..no..too much fat will slow the protein delivery to the muscles..and i wouldnt make it a habbit of the candy or slurpee maybe once in a while to treat yourself mentally if thats what u want it for..but to be honest i prefer a blended 80gdex/ice/2scoops protein powder over any slurpee...it comes pretty close to a milkshake..

Thread Information