mitch911 is offline Member

Reseting Metabolism

hey currently im cutting and have noticed the results each week are slowing down...been cutting since aug 1... my diet is very clean with the macro ratios of pro=50(280-300g) carbs=20(115) fats=30(60g) totaling 2300 cals bw is currently 175..i dont go by the scale weight more of going by the mirror the day before my cheat meal when all the bloat is done from my previous weeks cheat.... i was wondering if i should try and kickstart the fatloss again with running a carb cycling diet for a while and see if it will help...for this to happen i want to increase my carb total for the week because going 115g ed sucks..Also i do weights 4 days of of 7 and do cardio every morning 1hr and an extra 45 min at nite on my non lift days ..will rasing my carb intake therfore increasing caloric intake make me gain weight comming from this cutting diet? is there somehow i can restart my metabolism or something so i can take in more carbs and loose the weight?
    Last edited by mitch911; 10-26-2005 at 08:21 PM.

madflabby is offline Associate Member
    Try eating more, that seems like you're starving yourself man, your body has adjusted and has slowed its metabolism. Add an extra meal, and htose carbs are way low, maybe an extra morning meal w/some oatmeal.

yea i think im going to add in 40g carbs every morning oats for a week and see what happens ..should my non workout days contain the same amount of carbs or just minus the 80g carbs i get from dex

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    You need a carb up day. Take one day and massively over eat on the carbs. This will get your Thyroid and Leptin levels back up.

good i was hoping ud answer giantz...so this sunday is leg day massively eat carbs menaing how much and what kind..my last cheat day was last sunday if that provides anything..also after this carb up i should then add additional carbs in the morning in my second meal every day? (50g) and possibly another pro/fat meal if need be to make 7 meals to ensure i get 2g pro/bw ..i can post my diet if that will help

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Na thats' ok. Instead of your cheat day, have a carb up day. Use all kinds of carbs, hi gi whatever. But eat above your BMR, about 500-1,000 cals. Keep fat a low during the day and don't worry so much about protein. Pasta, bread, sugar etc.... Have fun.

so after this i should continue with my reg diet but adding in the additional 50g carbs ed?

Thread Information