Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'

is PPWO essential for cutting?

ive tried all methods of cutting but i am contemplating scrapping my ppwo meal. i end my workout at 10 and have my ppwo at this time. can i just scrap the ppwo and go straight to lunch at 1pm? im also taking ephedra so no appetite.

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    well for almost everybody there ppwo is a solid food source. so go ahead and go straight to lunch, eat lean protein and carbs. keep the fat minimal.

chest6 is offline Banned
    my PPWO falls pretty late..midnight usually..a lil later at times. On nonworkout days..i nix it..and my only pro/carb meal is after cardio. I am still hesitant to have the PPWO pro/carb since it falls so late at night. Im wondering if it is still essential even though I would be going to sleep 2 hours later.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    if it fits in your calorie intake for the day
    i dont really see the big deal is in having the ppwo
    and it dont matter when if its a ppwo its a ppwo

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    my PPWO falls pretty late..midnight usually..a lil later at times. On nonworkout days..i nix it..and my only pro/carb meal is after cardio. I am still hesitant to have the PPWO pro/carb since it falls so late at night. Im wondering if it is still essential even though I would be going to sleep 2 hours later.
    on your non workout or cardio only days you should just replace your second meal with another pro/carb. that way you have the day to burn it off...but i think you need more carbs than just one meal no matter what you're doing. the body and brain need 50g carbs just to run itself...so i would make that your absolute minimum if you must.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    ive tried all methods of cutting but i am contemplating scrapping my ppwo meal. i end my workout at 10 and have my ppwo at this time. can i just scrap the ppwo and go straight to lunch at 1pm? im also taking ephedra so no appetite.
    is your pwo a shake? if it is a shake i would at least try and eat whole foods at 12pm. you could try having whey/oats for your pwo...then you could wait a little longer for your next meal

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    you dont need a pwo or ppwo on a non workout day , since ur not working out...

Carbs are not the enemy, they are ur friends...but high fat is

and yes it is essential wether ur workout is 1am or 5 pm...and no it wont be stored as fat

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    hey chest. this past year i dropped about 10% bf while retaining most of my muscle. i worked out late at night and still did my two pwos the second being 2 hrs. before bed. dont be worried about gaining excess fat, your body will suck those carbs right up after intense workout. on non workout days i get in all my carbs before 7pm

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    hey chest. this past year i dropped about 10% bf while retaining most of my muscle. i worked out late at night and still did my two pwos the second being 2 hrs. before bed. dont be worried about gaining excess fat, your body will suck those carbs right up after intense workout. on non workout days i get in all my carbs before 7pm
    thanks man..ill keep it in there no matter what time I workout

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    you dont need a pwo or ppwo on a non workout day , since ur not working out...

Carbs are not the enemy, they are ur friends...but high fat is

and yes it is essential wether ur workout is 1am or 5 pm...and no it wont be stored as fat
    high fat is? I gotta start watchin my fat intake...I had sum sausage last night as my pro/fat meal Not sure how bad that was. I replaced my PPWO with sausage

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    The only way I find that PPWO is not need is if you have a pre-worjout meal that contains carbs.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    The only way I find that PPWO is not need is if you have a pre-worjout meal that contains carbs.
    So you suggest one or the other eh..you told me to do preworkout pro/carb so ive been doin that lately so i guess i dont need it

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    So you suggest one or the other eh..you told me to do preworkout pro/carb so ive been doin that lately so i guess i dont need it
    Thats how I do, but remember I also don't use dex post workout. I use a Whole grain bagel both times.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    The bigger you are, the more pwo food you'll need distributed over at least 2 meals w/carbs and protein.

Just my opinion....

I mean bigger muscle wise, not just total "weight"...........

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Thats how I do, but remember I also don't use dex post workout. I use a Whole grain bagel both times.
    Man I forgot my preworkout oats today..I had the worst headache during legs today..only carbs i had all day was 27g of oats from the cardio at 11am

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    When I was at my lowest on both carbs and calories I had a miniscule pwo meal only containing 20g carbs from oats. It didnt seem to effect my strenght or size negativly since I continued to gain strenght. But I have a wierd body

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    is your pwo a shake? if it is a shake i would at least try and eat whole foods at 12pm. you could try having whey/oats for your pwo...then you could wait a little longer for your next meal

i have 50 grams protein and around 75grams dextrose for pwo

Thread Information