1bmf is offline Junior Member

My diet, please critique

I'm 22 years old, 5'10", 205lbs and unfortunately after maybe 8 months of cardio and dieting, I still have a decent amount of fat I need to lose. I was at maybe 235-240ish at the beginning of the year so I have noticed a difference already, but am still not where I want to be. Here is my current diet. I am very limited in what I can consume because I am an extremely picky eater. I try to eat a meal every 2 and half hours because someone told me it takes that long for your body to process the protein you put in. Let me know what you think.

Meal 1 - Protein Bar (usually Labrada Lean Body Gold Carmel peanut)
    Meal 2 - Grilled Chicken sandwich plain
    Meal 3 - Protein bar
    Meal 4 - Grilled Chicken sandwich plain
    Meal 5 - Grilled chicken sandwich plain
    on fridays and saturdays since I stay up later and can fit in more meals, I do a chicken sandwich every 2 and half hours giving me between 6-7 meals on those days.

On my workout days, I take 10g of creatine and around 50g of whey protein immediately after working out. The gains I get from working out are not what I think they should be and am thinking maybe that has to do with my diet or maybe I just have too high of expectations. Tell me what you think about the diet. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by 1bmf; 10-29-2005 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Wasn't finished typing, posted on accident

chest6 is offline Banned
    you have got a lot to work on. You don't get sick of all that grilled chicken? Personally I would starve on that diet..I couldnt have a protein bar and have that tide me over for 2 hours. Check the cutting sticky.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    That is a pitiful diet, you have no carbs or EFA's what so ever. Check out the diet forum, you can't just eat protein and expect to meet your goals with under 1500total calories. Nice name too btw.

1bmf is offline Junior Member
    First off thank you guys for taking the time to reply to my post. After reading the Cutting guide and some other posts on here I was starting to get the idea that I have been f'ing up all this time on my diet and wanted to make sure. So the 30g of carbs in the protein bars and 75g in the creatine powder for after my workout aren't enough carbs? How much carbs do you recommend I take in a day? I know the cutting guide says 130g but that is also for a workout day when you are supposed to take more. Also, how do you suggest I work EPA's in my diet and how much EPA's do I want to consume. Would nuts be the best way to work that in and how much nuts should I consume? Also, are regular peanuts ok, because I can't stand any other kind of nut. If I am trying to lose weight as well as gain muscle, do you think a diet this low in calories is good or bad. Other than carbs and EFA's, any other probs you see with my diet? Chest6, the chicken sandwichs are not a meal I look forward to, but I thought that was the best thing I could be eating so I was willing to deal with it. Any other suggestions would be appreciated and in the mean I will keep doing more research.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    There is too much to understand to answer your thread in one or two posts. I'll post a few links for you to get started, all you have to do is run a few searches and start learning the basics of dieting.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...&highlight=EFA

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...&highlight=EFA

(Just a couple examples, I typed in "EFA" in the search and came up with hundred of threads.) Your questions are simple but if answered will only lead to more questions. Read read read.

Thread Information