Farmer is offline Member

Oatmeal ? >Please Help<

Whats up, I am wondering what I can put on my oatmeal in the morning to make it taste a little better? The past year or so I have been eating it just plain with nothing, just oats and water. I am currently trying to cut down and want to stay away from all the sugars so I presume sugar is out of the question. But, I was wondering what is everyones take on "sweet n low" or something like that, anything that will make the oatmeal taste a little better without sacraficing my diet. Thanks in advance everyone!

peace

double o seven is offline New Member
    i use sweet n low on my oatmeal. 1 pack per serving. it taste pretty good

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I never use any sweeteners but I know of people who add reduced low fat jams and such never tried it but it could be worth a go

Farmer is offline Member
    cool, i'll have to try both of those. I need to check out the stats on them to make sure it won't hurt my diet.

thanks

peace

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    I usually add a scoop of Optimum's Chocolate whey and maybe some raisins.

Farmer is offline Member
    sounds good, thanks everyone for replying

bump for anyone else with some added info

peace

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    you need to get some Splenda sweetner made from sugar...equal and sweet and low arn't good for you. And Splenda taste just like sugar, it's the shit and I use it religiously, in my oatmeal, coffee, cottage cheese, anything I wan't to sweeten without adding carbs, or sugar...check it out.

Another tasty oatmeal treat I eat often is oatmeal with a couple scoops of Low Carb Lean Body- Chocolate, splenda, a couple raisens, cinnamon, sprinkle fiber 1 cereal on top and add just a little bit of non-fat milk not even a 1/4 cup just to get the creamy texture....this is the shit, I sometimes eat it for 2-3 of my daily meals- packed with protein and good carbs.

headstrong is offline New Member
    I put 2-4scoops of eas simply whey choclate on mine. it really makes it taste good.

Nico is offline Associate Member
    bro, I put sugar free syrup on it. Tastes awesome!!!!

Farmer is offline Member
    Again, thanks everyone, I really appreciate the responses. Its really going to help me out.

peace

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Nico
    bro, I put sugar free syrup on it. Tastes awesome!!!!
    I'm with you Nico.

I know I've said it before, but in case someone hasn't been around for a while. Make oatmeal pancakes. If there's ever any advice you are going to listen from me, this is it...bottom line. Then buy some Keto syrup, drench that bad bear in a river of the stuff and begin to see tears come out of your eyes because you realized you finally found something that tastes "oh so good" and is "oh so good for you". Tomorrow...well, actually today is carb up day for me. Guess what I'm having for breakfast, meal 2, and meal 3? Yuuupp...

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Equal with a little vanilla extract

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    If you can spare a few carbs, honey or Molasses, if eating in morning bit extra sugar is not going to hurt too much, just go easy.

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Butter Buds (non fat, low cal butter substitute) and sugar twin ( brown sugar substitute) - Taste just like I put an ounce of real butter and real brown sugar on it.

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    I eat oatmeal as my primary source of carbs, and used to be in the same boat. Then I read an article on cinnamon in Flex magazine an have been hooked ever since. It supposed to help fat cells recognize and respond to insulin , thus increasing the metabolism of glucose. So it tastes pretty good, doesn't add any sugar or calories, and actually has some benefit for someone looking to stay in shape. Try it out, I sprinkle a little before I put the oats in the microwave.

Parker is offline New Member
    I sprinkle cinnamon on my oatmeal and chop up a banana and put it in as well. But I think sprinkling salt in my oats makes the biggest difference. Salt makes it taste wonderful.

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    I mix my oatmeal into a cup of non-fat yogurt. Tastes great, and I feel like I am eating less, because I am eating two things at one time. Sometimes it feels like I am eating every minute of the day, and anything helps.

letmein is offline Associate Member
    Sounds crazy but fat free French Vanilla CoffeeMate. Get the milk (non dairy) and the sweetness in one step. 5 carbs per serving for the vanilla and only two for the regular

primodonna is offline Female Member
    put some natural pb in it
    What happens here, stays here

ya pb in it tastes good with some equal. but..eveywhere ive read, its said best to keep fat low when ingesting carbs, like either eat fat and protein, or carbs and protein. ??? don't know how much truth goes into that.

specially when we saw primo contest ready...she must be doing something right

cany anyone chime in with some facts?? thanks

I have seen that info as well... and i follow that pretty much in all the other meals except for meal #1

I was only talking about 1 TB anyway which is (according to the label) 1/2 serving

Thanks for pointing that out though...it is well worth noting

holy shit, thats the first time u were ever didn't make me look like an ass in a thread. thank you! i feel special.

ya..1T is only like 8 fat, and its all healthy fats but like .25-.5g. Thanks for the info primo. at least i know i wasn't seeing things.

that should have read

"what the hell do YOU know papa...i eat fat with carbs all the time and i've never had a problem gaining fat from doing it that way so there"

wild-one is offline Female Member
    Actually the fat will help to lower any insulin secretions produced by the oats....I ate fat w/ carbs and got cut for competition on it

Ya.. I've heard that too, and used to do it. But now I'm reading eating fat and carbs makes any insulin that does get thru, bring the fat along with it. Who knows....you say it worked for you. Like I said, I'd trust someone that actually does it, compared to a freaking einstein in a lab coat.
    Last edited by PaPaPumP; 06-06-2002 at 03:40 AM.

alevok Guest
    First I cook oatmeal in a non-stick pan till they get brownish, than I add sweet&low, thats all, taste great!

Thread Information