Thread: Cheat Day

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Cheat Day

In order to fully optimize your results with this program, you must exercise and eat six days a week according to plan. Six days is recommended instead of seven because you should choose one day during the week in which you will reward yourself with a “weekly re-feed,” also known as the “cheat day.” On this one day, preferable Saturday or Sunday, you have the option to treat yourself to those foods you otherwise cannot eat during the week. This “cheat day” is not only needed for a psychological break from your weekly eating and weight training program, but it also has a few physiological benefits like increasing your metabolic rate (metabolism) and increasing the release of thyroid hormones. In fact, one of the reasons we highly recommend the “cheat day” is to give your thyroid a kick-start. Over time, the thyroid becomes rather dormant as a result of eating the same foods and meals day in and day out. The “cheat day” throws a wrench at your body, so to speak, and aids in keeping your metabolism guessing.

In addition to the psychological and physiological benefits, a “cheat day” is also a good opportunity to socialize with family and friends without having to worry about eating only the foods approved on the program.

We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this day. However, if you find that eating junk food once a week is counterproductive to your goals and causes more damage than its worth, than you may want to reduce your all day binge down to two or three satisfying “cheat meals.” Remember the higher one’s body fat percentage, the more likely cheat meals will “spoil over” and slow down progress. So rather than spending an entire day at an all-you-can-eat buffet, reduce your “cheat day” to two or three “cheat meals” early in the day and resume right back to your regular scheduled program for the rest of the day. That way, you can then have protein and fat meals if and when you get hungry later in the day. The choice is yours!

Source: New Beginnings Nutrition & Fitness

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    In order to fully optimize your results with this program, you must exercise and eat six days a week according to plan. Six days is recommended instead of seven because you should choose one day during the week in which you will reward yourself with a “weekly re-feed,” also known as the “cheat day.” On this one day, preferable Saturday or Sunday, you have the option to treat yourself to those foods you otherwise cannot eat during the week. This “cheat day” is not only needed for a psychological break from your weekly eating and weight training program, but it also has a few physiological benefits like increasing your metabolic rate (metabolism) and increasing the release of thyroid hormones. In fact, one of the reasons we highly recommend the “cheat day” is to give your thyroid a kick-start. Over time, the thyroid becomes rather dormant as a result of eating the same foods and meals day in and day out. The “cheat day” throws a wrench at your body, so to speak, and aids in keeping your metabolism guessing.

In addition to the psychological and physiological benefits, a “cheat day” is also a good opportunity to socialize with family and friends without having to worry about eating only the foods approved on the program.

We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this day. However, if you find that eating junk food once a week is counterproductive to your goals and causes more damage than its worth, than you may want to reduce your all day binge down to two or three satisfying “cheat meals.” Remember the higher one’s body fat percentage, the more likely cheat meals will “spoil over” and slow down progress. So rather than spending an entire day at an all-you-can-eat buffet, reduce your “cheat day” to two or three “cheat meals” early in the day and resume right back to your regular scheduled program for the rest of the day. That way, you can then have protein and fat meals if and when you get hungry later in the day. The choice is yours!

Source: New Beginnings Nutrition & Fitness
    nice read.

The one thing I learned about cheat days is no matter what you eat make sure your protein is 1gram per pound of body weight.....if u go less....u feel like crap and will train like crap if u have a workout the next day...if its more than 1 gram...u get fuller faster and dont have enough room for the carbs and fats

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    this is good

im the person that needs to have 1 cheat meal per week - as i cant afford a total cheat day

and i reward myself by going to Geno's Steaks in philly and getting "2 wizz without!!!"

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Stop that, you're making me hungry. Might have to hit up Tony Luke's this week now

Quote Originally Posted by MuckDog
    this is good

im the person that needs to have 1 cheat meal per week - as i cant afford a total cheat day

and i reward myself by going to Geno's Steaks in philly and getting "2 wizz without!!!"

lol - there u go....such great places arent they

damn i cant wait till sunday

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Good read for sure. Totally true about higher body fat as well. You don't really need an all out cheat day until you are very lean. However the one thing that they left out is that a carb up refeed will effectively fill muscle glycogen as well as increase leptin and thyroid, so one doesn't need to go to Mcdonalds.

But thats not fun

where the f does u guys find all this shit out? your like weight lifters/doctors/pharmacists/chemists

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    so what's onthe menu for SUNDAY??? Parents house...looks like beer, chilli, chips, peanut butter and FOOTBALL!

oh yeah - football and cheesesteaks

what is everyones stats?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    6' 8" 355 4% Bf

ok SC...

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    6' 8" 355 4% Bf
    U bragger!

mitch911 is offline Member
    pfff is that it ?

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    omg...i feel like one of pavlovs dogs or something, because it is so gross looking. but it was uncontrolable...my mouth was watering

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    gotta love cheat days

alo5603 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    omg...i feel like one of pavlovs dogs or something, because it is so gross looking. but it was uncontrolable...my mouth was watering
    just think, they were only salivating to meat powder, could you imagine if they saw that........... im with you, looked nasty but i still had to wipe my keyboard clean.

alo

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alo5603
    just think, they were only salivating to meat powder, could you imagine if they saw that........... im with you, looked nasty but i still had to wipe my keyboard clean.

alo
    glad i wasnt the only one!

Thread Information