Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'

pre workout oats?

guys i already mentioned in an earlier thread that i do my cardio and weights combined in the am on an empty stomach for cutting. im wondering if the pre workout oats before by weights and after my cardio would benefit me or would it be useless?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    guys i already mentioned in an earlier thread that i do my cardio and weights combined in the am on an empty stomach for cutting. im wondering if the pre workout oats before by weights and after my cardio would benefit me or would it be useless?

Holy Catabolic Hell......Weights and cardio in the AM. That is just about the worst thing for your muscles possible. You need to have a solid meal at least 30min before even hitting the gym. It's ok to do some cardio after weights, but keep it to about 30min after your weights. Then go ahead and have your PWO meals and you should be good. But never lift on an empty stomahc in the AM, very catabolic. On top of cutting which is catabolic all by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Holy Catabolic Hell......Weights and cardio in the AM. That is just about the worst thing for your muscles possible. You need to have a solid meal at least 30min before even hitting the gym. It's ok to do some cardio after weights, but keep it to about 30min after your weights. Then go ahead and have your PWO meals and you should be good. But never lift on an empty stomahc in the AM, very catabolic. On top of cutting which is catabolic all by itself.
    i have been doing 45 mins cardio followed by weights on an empty stomach for 2 months now with great success. im not trying to bulk and have noticed my muscles really shredding, im happy thus far i have even gained strength. nothing with the current way im doing things lleads me to suspect that what im doing is actually detrimental.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    i have been doing 45 mins cardio followed by weights on an empty stomach for 2 months now with great success. im not trying to bulk and have noticed my muscles really shredding, im happy thus far i have even gained strength. nothing with the current way im doing things lleads me to suspect that what im doing is actually detrimental.
    That fine bro but doing glycogen dependant work (weight training) in the AM when you are close to glycogen depleted would not go well for just about 99% of the people out there. When no glycogen is available for use, the only thing that can meet energy demands is amino's, which just so happen to come from broken down muscle tissue.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Oh God I would be a muscle losing mass. Why not split up cardio and training sessions?

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Oh God I would be a muscle losing mass. Why not split up cardio and training sessions?
    i actually maintained my weight but dropped about 6% bf over 2 months with my routine. my muscles are shredded and if i ever did lose some mass i think its a worthy trade-off. as for splitting the cardio and weights i am actually starting that tom as i have noticed that my fat loss has plateued. time to try something new.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    if its working for you so far i wouldn't change anything. if you notice that your energy level is low or gets low while lifting, the oats will help with that. i would wait at least 30 min after sucking the oats down though. otherwise blood will rush to your stomach to aid digestion and it might hinder blood flow to your muscles.

you might as well give it a try though and see how you do.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd switch up the type of cardio first before modifying my diet. Try something different for a month, guage your progress...rinse and repeat.

Thread Information