Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

why does cottage cheese have so much sodium in it?

another question, I love the Knudeson's 2% in the pink tub, I know alot of you eat nonfat cottage cheese. I would never drink 2%milk, always nonfat, but anyways I can't stand nonfat cottage cheese, and I don't like the taste of any other brands besides Knudeson's- tried all...anyone feel the same way.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I stay away from it, for that reason. Love the taste!! But that's enough sodium to last me a lifetime....and that's in one tub.

TTT for the answer.

I eat a whole tub in one sitting

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: why does cottage cheese have so much sodium in it?

Simple - for taste. There are low-sodium cottage cheese available, but they are even more bland than the "leaded" version. You can get around that by mixing some jelly or jam into it - which, of course, will result in a taste that is sweet rather than salty.

As for the non-fat cottage cheese, ditto. We need some fats - if you go totally fat free in your diet, you will nott feel as if your hunger has been satisfied. Also, non-fat cottage cheese tends to be drier than the kind with milk fat in it. Your best bet: Go with a low fat rather than non fat version - just like milk, cottage cheese comes in 2% and 1% fat varieties (the normal amount in regular cottage cheese is 4%). Ditto salad dressings - rather than going non-fat, use something like Kraft's Light Done Right, and you'll feel more full.

I hear that TNT, I usually eat this as my last meal of the day. I try to cut carbs off after my postworkout shake, and just eat Protein, Vegies, and healthy Fats, like PB and Flax. I mix 1 Tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter (Laura Scudder's chunky is the shit) and 3/4- to 1 whole tub of the 2% Knudeson cottage cheese, mix in the PB and about 4 packet of Splenda, let me tell you I just invented BB'ers Ice Cream...

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Iwan2bsolid2
    I hear that TNT, I usually eat this as my last meal of the day. I try to cut carbs off after my postworkout shake, and just eat Protein, Vegies, and healthy Fats, like PB and Flax. I mix 1 Tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter (Laura Scudder's chunky is the shit) and 3/4- to 1 whole tub of the 2% Knudeson cottage cheese, mix in the PB and about 4 packet of Splenda, let me tell you I just invented BB'ers Ice Cream...
    Solid,
    Does your cottage cheese have sugars in it. Mine does, not anything drastic, but enough to make me not want to eat it. I've never bought cc before but if that brand you use is sugar free i want to try it out.

I don't think they make a sugar free brand - I've looked it would be nice though since I add my own sugar substitute to it anyway...Splenda...god's gift to dieter's.

Thread Information