KingMike is offline Associate Member

down to 9% without cardio

Saw some dude in the gym snacking on some bacon and asked him about his diet. He said he has been doing CKD for about 3 months or so. He told me he is down to about 9% BF and I asked him about training and cardio and he said he does no cardio and is on a 6 day routine working each muscle twice a week in about 25 minutes a session. He has a heavy day (2-5 reps) and light day which is 10-12 reps. He said that cardio always made him lose too much mass so he just eats 10 times his weight and does CKD with a HUGE carb day on Sunday. he said that he has anywhere from 6-10,000 calories on that day. He said he was 5 foot 10 and 215 at the moment and does not use AS. Just piles of creatine on carb load day with RALA. I did not get into endo,ecto details with him but how possible is this. I have been doing cardio for a long time and I am getting kind of sick of it to be honest. He told me it is all about calories especially on ckd. He said that if he was doing cardio on this diet he would be 200 pounds with alot less mass and the BF would no be that different.

skribbble is offline Member
    what is ckd?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skribbble
    what is ckd?
    Cyclic Ketogenic Diet

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMike
    Saw some dude in the gym snacking on some bacon and asked him about his diet. He said he has been doing CKD for about 3 months or so. He told me he is down to about 9% BF and I asked him about training and cardio and he said he does no cardio and is on a 6 day routine working each muscle twice a week in about 25 minutes a session. He has a heavy day (2-5 reps) and light day which is 10-12 reps. He said that cardio always made him lose too much mass so he just eats 10 times his weight and does CKD with a HUGE carb day on Sunday. he said that he has anywhere from 6-10,000 calories on that day. He said he was 5 foot 10 and 215 at the moment and does not use AS. Just piles of creatine on carb load day with RALA. I did not get into endo,ecto details with him but how possible is this. I have been doing cardio for a long time and I am getting kind of sick of it to be honest. He told me it is all about calories especially on ckd. He said that if he was doing cardio on this diet he would be 200 pounds with alot less mass and the BF would no be that different.
    Well he could either be naturally lean, on drugs, a combination of the two or he's telling you the truth. Too many variables, however you can get lean without cardio. I believe cardio is good for you and speeds up and aids in weight loss. But remember that high intensity training like weight training is very beneficial for fat loss. The EPOC from weight training can last for up to one day after weights. Also weight training increases FFA oxidation.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I like cardio for health reasons and for the heart.

I also like it because it helps to get ripped, and I can "eat up" to my weight.

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    I dont believe half the bullshit ppl at my gym say. Guy yesterday was like 5 9 265 10%bf and said he was "all natty"

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    I'm pretty convinced diet is 90%........

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    He said that how I eat will work great (only pwo carbs) but he prefered a big carb (cheat day) so he chose ckd instead of the more healthy approach. He also told me that he takes in 60 grams of whey pwo and that is it and he is back into ketosis within a few hours.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    the dude was eating bacon....in the gym.....nuff said

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    ive read a little on the ckd diet and i think its a joke. i think it promotes drastic muscle loss.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I like cardio for health reasons and for the heart.

I also like it because it helps to get ripped, and I can "eat up" to my weight.

~SC~

i like cardio as well, for the same reasons, also i feel refreshed and revitalized after i only do cardio 2-3 days a week for about 30-40 mins each session,

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    gotta work out the most important muscle of the body...the heart...also, i'd rather eat higher calories with cardio than cut calories with no cardio..that's just my preference though.

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Agreed....I'm too light right now, so Ive reduced it severe...maybe a mile am walk in the morning before breakfast or light jjog - no more than a mile, then Thursday PM 40 incline treadmill for 40 minutes, spinning class friday pm for 40 minutes, and 2 40 min incline walks first thing in am on saturday and sunday........it came to apoint where I was doing itevery single morning....but where do you take from there when you really need to cut? I might just switch to the bike during bulking and incline walk daily during cutting...my problem is my calories dont overcompensate my cardio. I'd say 6'2, 170 and 8% is a little bit SKINNY to be doing cardio! Fear of losing abs is my prob!!!

Thread Information