chest6 is offline Banned

Gained 2 pounds?

I was doin fine with my diet lately. I havent deviated at all. Last week I lost 4 pounds total down to 248. Last night when I weighed myself, I was 250. I weigh at night..around the same time each time. Any idea how this happened? I also have noticed that I appeared to gained a little fat too. This is how my cardio has looked like:
    week 1: 4 times
    week 2: 5 times
    week 3: 6 times
    week 4: so far..3 times mon, tues, thurs

I have done all cardio in the AM on an empty stomach except for 2 times I did it at 6pm or so...eating oats at 11am and then nothing until 20 mins post cardio.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I was doin fine with my diet lately. I havent deviated at all. Last week I lost 4 pounds total down to 248. Last night when I weighed myself, I was 250. I weigh at night..around the same time each time. Any idea how this happened? I also have noticed that I appeared to gained a little fat too. This is how my cardio has looked like:

I have done all cardio in the AM on an empty stomach except for 2 times I did it at 6pm or so...eating oats at 11am and then nothing until 20 mins post cardio.
    Maybe it was just some water retention you kept your kcals the same right

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    prolly just a little water chest, no worries bruh, you did keep ur diet in check ??? right ??

D9S0M is offline Associate Member

same thing happend to me bro and on weigh in day i had still lost a inch offf my waist..

Diffrent factors change the read out of the scale such as; weighing yourself after cardio you'll most likely weigh less until you get water in you. If you just ate it will be more. Hell even if you have the shits and then weigh your self youll weigh less. It's all good stick with it you'll see the number drop

chest6 is offline Banned
    ya..maybe just water..yup my calories are the same

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Dont get caught up with what the scale says, trust me. If you know your keeping everything in check, dont stress it. You probably just hit a slight wall. I would throw some alcar in b4 your morning cardio, also pick up some green tea extract and some sesamin oil. Also some RLA for your carb meals. just stay on track and keep focus. good luck.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    u also could have gained some muscle tissue, eating clean good high quality protein enriched foods along with carbohydrates and healthy fats create a anabolic enviroment in ur body, wich can cause hypertrophy

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    Dont get caught up with what the scale says, trust me. If you know your keeping everything in check, dont stress it. You probably just hit a slight wall. I would throw some alcar in b4 your morning cardio, also pick up some green tea extract and some sesamin oil. Also some RLA for your carb meals. just stay on track and keep focus. good luck.
    Yes good call on the GTE

Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    Yes good call on the GTE
    How many GTE a day??? i been taking 4-5 caps a day....is that 2 much???

Quote Originally Posted by D9S0M
    How many GTE a day??? i been taking 4-5 caps a day....is that 2 much???
    That should be good I know usually most take 2-3

Zapp is offline Banned
    The best thing to do is keep off of the scales everyday. When you are dieting, the best thing to do is weigh yourself maybe every 10-14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    That should be good I know usually most take 2-3

i would take it b4 cardio,mid morning,lunch,mid afternoon,and b4 i lift...should i just cut it down to b4 cardio,lunch,and b4 lift...is there really any need to high dose GTE..thanks..

chest6 is offline Banned
    Thats a good idea. I'll stay away from the scale. Im actually starting clen for 6 weeks next Monday...I'm sure that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    The best thing to do is keep off of the scales everyday. When you are dieting, the best thing to do is weigh yourself maybe every 10-14 days.
    Yea chest use the mirror more than the scale. Weigh in every so often like Zapp said. The mirror should not be overlooked it can tell you a lot

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ya..mirror actually looked like I gained a little bit too. Maybe I am just psyching myself out and thinking this stuff will go along quicker than it is.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Ya..mirror actually looked like I gained a little bit too. Maybe I am just psyching myself out and thinking this stuff will go along quicker than it is.
    That's the way it goes, if you want to get bigger, you always look smaller. If you want to look leaner, you always look more plump. It's all in your head. Be patient and work your butt off! It will come.....but not over night.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    That's the way it goes, if you want to get bigger, you always look smaller. If you want to look leaner, you always look more plump. It's all in your head. Be patient and work your butt off! It will come.....but not over night.
    Im workin my ass off in the gym and eatin exactly by the diet that was given to me...dont gotta worry bout me in the gym not gettin it done

Ya..my arms have shrunk a lil bit along with my legs but I have already accepted some strength/size is gonna go.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Im workin my ass off in the gym and eatin exactly by the diet that was given to me...dont gotta worry bout me in the gym not gettin it done

Ya..my arms have shrunk a lil bit along with my legs but I have already accepted some strength/size is gonna go.
    Yeah...I lost 2 inches off of my arms when I took 30 lbs off. Thing is, they looked better at 17" then they did at 19".

mitch911 is offline Member
    i also try and weigh in the morning so the water weight and just food dont really matter

chest6 is offline Banned
    mannn 2" thats crazy. I dont know what I would do if I lost 2"

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i would suggest taking a pics of yourself every 2 weeks or so. it is even hard to judge from the mirror cuz you look at yourself every day, so minor changes wont stick out. but when you have something to compare it to you will definitely notice results.

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    i would suggest taking a pics of yourself every 2 weeks or so. it is even hard to judge from the mirror cuz you look at yourself every day, so minor changes wont stick out. but when you have something to compare it to you will definitely notice results.
    Speaking of pics do you have one on the board?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ya i Do...Old ones I was at 271 during these now im 248

Chest6's Fat Pictures

chest6 is offline Banned
    I dont got a camera tho...

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    yeah i know what you mean. i keep meaning to get one but my pay check usually dissapates within a few days. ive been looking at poloroids though. they have them for surprisingly cheap at walmart. the film is expensive but you only need a few exp. every few weeks. what about a cell phone camera? maybe somone in the dorm has one they'd let you borrow

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Are you taking measurements? That would help a bit too, although if you are holding water the measurements would be slightly affected but not as much as the scale.

Personally, I dont find nighttime weighing to be effective for tracking weight. It will always vary depending on how much you ate that day, when you last ate, how much water you are holding etc. I find weighing youself first thing in the morning on an empty stomach before cardio is the best way to assess pounds lost. I can see though why it may be too late to start doing that as you want to be consistent and measure yourself against your original baseline weight.

I really wouldnt worry about those 2 lbs. Guarantee its just water retention and you think you look bigger in the mirror because you are contious of those 2 lbs. Welcome to my world!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yea I have a camera phone I just dont know how to put the pics on the computer...I guess it is just water retention tho..

Thread Information