jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member

Upping Calories While On Cycle

Im in my 4th week of my first cycle of 500mg/week of test e.im eating 7 times a day, that includes my pwo's and liquid forms. my question is im a big advocate of not mixing carbs and fats and if you do try to keep it to a minimum. anyway since im needing more calories on cycle can i go ahead and mix a little more carbs and fats to meet my calorie requirements or should i just eat more meals or up the calories even more on the meals i am eating? because already my carb meals are around 100 carbs a meal and my pwo meals are about 125 per meal. any thoughts?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    What are your goals? If your going for lean mass, I'd up the calories for each meal and/or add more meals rather than mixing macros. How many calories are you currently taking in?

jdh
    well i think my goals are like everyone elses andd that is to put on lean mass, but i do realize with a bulking diet and aas i will gain some fat, but id like to keep it to a minumum. my total calories right now are about 4700 a day, im using a 40/40/20 ratio. im going to up my calories probably up over 5000 next week because i think im starting to slow up and i dont want to waste my first cycle by not getting adequate calories. im eating 7 to 8 meals now every 2-3 hours, i guess ill have to up the calories at each meal and even try hitting 8 meals everyday. what you thinkk?

jdh
    anyone else? any article on how to adjust calories while running a cycle?

sorel_C is offline Member
    drink shakes with your meals, or you can just add an extra meal, im in the same boat as you first cycle but my promblem is i have no appetite but force feeding stil works for me, lol

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    anyone else? any article on how to adjust calories while running a cycle?

I've seen a few thing about upping your protein while on androgens, i'll see if i can dig it up.

the whole shakes with meals thing isn't really a good option, just because you are increasing you intake doens't mean all nutrients can be utilized. During a cycle yes your body does allow for more protein sythesis, but I'm guessing your meals are probably around 50gms PRO per, the best thing to do is find you DEE, your RMR, find those kcal values and then up your diet from there. For example being a bigger guy I at rest are burning way over 2000 cals and with my activity level it puts me up over 5k in a day so find out these things and we can help you a little more on the specifics.

jdh
    when i was going off the spreadsheet in the bulking sticky i was taking in 4300 calories , but that was natural bulking. im reading over in the steroid forum about people taking in 6-7k a day. so i was like damn. cause im sure not all of these guys weigh more then me at 237.

Thread Information