non supplemental appetite suppressant?

hey guys,

im currently a student at uni and money is really tight for me. im currently trying to lose body fat and be down below 20% come june next year ( i am at 26 at present, do u think this is possible??)

anyway, i have a huge appetite and find it really difficult to stop eating! i take 5-HTP at around 7:30 pm to help reduce carb cravings late at night, and to help me sleep, and it does work. problem is is that i find it hard to stop eating during the day!

is there anything i can take to reduce these cravings that isnt expensive? green tea or protein shake or something, what do u think would work?

thanks a lot

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    okay...appetitie suppresants in my opinion are not good for losing bodyweight...it is much better to eat several meals consisting of lean protein and healthy fats or veggies....lets say you only feed yourself 3 times a day...your body will think to itself "well we arent getting fed very much throughout the day so lets store whatever he feeds us." this was useful back in the days when native americans hunted for food because sometimes they would go days without food and this was the body's way of holding onto some of what they did eat. however eating several lean good meals a day will cause an increase in metabolism but it will actually burn calories because of your body constantly working to digest meals.

problem is i cant afford to go out and buy chicken or tuna all the time. its expensive over here, and i am on a REALLY tight budget!

do you think that i should eat 2 main meals, and any other time maybe i should stick to protein shakes and/or veg???

also, do you think it is possible to drop about 10% body fat in the space of 8 months or so?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Willpower.

It's free.

~SC~

swolecat

how do you keep your clients so well trained?

do u have them think of anything to keep the willpower there??

seriously, my sugar free jelly and protein isnt enough!

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nirish_mark20
    hey guys,

im currently a student at uni and money is really tight for me. im currently trying to lose body fat and be down below 20% come june next year ( i am at 26 at present, do u think this is possible??)

anyway, i have a huge appetite and find it really difficult to stop eating! i take 5-HTP at around 7:30 pm to help reduce carb cravings late at night, and to help me sleep, and it does work. problem is is that i find it hard to stop eating during the day!

is there anything i can take to reduce these cravings that isnt expensive? green tea or protein shake or something, what do u think would work?

thanks a lot
    dude, you can drop to below 20% by the end of this year if you want it bad enough. Not flaming at all, but it sounds like to me that you don't have the will power to do so. If you want to drop bad enough you'll do it, bottom line. But some helpful tactics to me are:
    -drink ass loads of water (so you're stomach is full most of the day)
    -eat green veggies with your meals
    -brush your teeth when you get hungry
    -cut back on artificial sweeteners a bit as they have a tendancy to make me hungry
    -eat 6-8 small meals throughout the day
    -cortisol helps reduce hunger if i'm not mistaken
    -if you smoke weed, then stop
    -chew gum
    and WILL POWER!!!!!! good luck!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I try to select those who sound the most serious about sticking to it and being serious w/their lives/changes/etc.

The rest is in their hands, but usually when someone hires a coach/trainer/nutritionist, they have invested money and want to make the best use of it, so they use the monetary idea behind it also for motivation.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy
    dude, you can drop to below 20% by the end of this year if you want it bad enough. Not flaming at all, but it sounds like to me that you don't have the will power to do so. If you want to drop bad enough you'll do it, bottom line. But some helpful tactics to me are:
    -drink ass loads of water (so you're stomach is full most of the day)
    -eat green veggies with your meals
    -brush your teeth when you get hungry
    -cut back on artificial sweeteners a bit as they have a tendancy to make me hungry
    -eat 6-8 small meals throughout the day
    -cortisol helps reduce hunger if i'm not mistaken
    -if you smoke weed, then stop
    -chew gum
    and WILL POWER!!!!!! good luck!

man you honestly think i can drop below 20% by the end of this year? seriously i am determined as hell to do it, jst i never feel like im doing well enough. iv lost 5% bodyfat in past 8 weeks, but i dnt feel any different

ur tips il take into account. my goal is to be able to compete come march 2007.

il get some pics up, i spose that will motivate me to make a change so i dont disappoint people. my cardio is 45 mins 1st thing in morning, empty stomach, on stationary bike at 70-75% mhr. is there anything else i can do? i will be willing to do cardio twice a day if it helps!!

thanks for the help, i appreciate it

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah here is some advice...do your cardio at 65-70% mhr.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Willpower.

It's free.

~SC~

Yup! and it sucks! haha...whenever I get hungry (which is pretty much all the time) my goal supresses my appetite. I visualize me looking fantastic in a bikini or in a hot outfit. It always helps me push through.

In addition to TONS of sugar-free gum and water :P

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    yeah here is some advice...do your cardio at 65-70% mhr.
    why 65-70%?? is there a big difference between this and the 70-75% i do at the minute???

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nirish_mark20
    man you honestly think i can drop below 20% by the end of this year? seriously i am determined as hell to do it, jst i never feel like im doing well enough. iv lost 5% bodyfat in past 8 weeks, but i dnt feel any different

ur tips il take into account. my goal is to be able to compete come march 2007.

il get some pics up, i spose that will motivate me to make a change so i dont disappoint people. my cardio is 45 mins 1st thing in morning, empty stomach, on stationary bike at 70-75% mhr. is there anything else i can do? i will be willing to do cardio twice a day if it helps!!

thanks for the help, i appreciate it
    absolutely! from my experience, it is MUCH easier to drop the first few % as opposed to the last few %. For instance, it took me longer to drop from 8%-4% than it did to drop from 15%-8%. Cardio twice a day could speed things up a bit, but isn't nessesary... The food you eat (diet) is MUCH more important IMO. you may wanna try a caffine-ephedrine-asprin stack. That always helps with the food cravings and speeds the metabolism up...

Thread Information