Baller9 is offline Associate Member

Arrow Critique My Breakfast

I'm currently running Test E @ 300 mg/wk + 40 mg Var ED. My diet is an attempt to add a little quality weight. For now I'm breaking it down one meal at a time.

Oatmeal:
    1/2 Cup Oats
    Handful of chopped apricots
    Handful of Huckleberries
    Handful of cranberries
    Handful of raisins
    1/4 cup soy milk

Eggs:
    5 eggs; 2 yolks, 3 whites.
    (bland as hell...need to spice it up some)

Smoothie:
    1/2 banana
    2 TBS yogurt
    1/2 cup OJ
    TBP Almonds
    TSP Flax Seeds
    TSP Tahini
    3 chunks frozen mango

Any thoughts and comments are welcome.

Outside of the smoothie and its good fats, this breakfast is pro-carb, so should I save the smoothie for later as a pro-fat snack/meal?

Where do dried fruits fall? They contain a lot of sugar, so do they belong in pro-carb or pro-fat meals?

What about the soy milk and yogurt? Pro-fat?

Thanks for your help.

copenhagen is offline Member
    that makes me hungry just reading it. (currently cutting) Do you drink a protein shake? If not i would try and add up all the protein grams to make sure your getting enough for breakfast. If the rest of your diet is good then i don't think the smoothie will hurt you, you are infact on a cycle right now so you gotta eat bro!!! what does the rest of your diet look like?

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Drop the milk the egg yolks and the OJ. Milk sugars will only make you soft, the egg yolks mixed with the oats is combining fats and carbs, the OJ is carbs mixed with your fats in the smoothie.

awesome...thanks for the tips, sooners04.

Copenhagen, the rest of my diet is similar, I need to get more religious with regards to separating fats/carbs, but on the whole it is good quality food. Lean meats, low fat/sugars, no junk food, shoot for almost all complex carbs.

I know that I am supposed to separate carbs/fats, but can someone explain to me WHY? Is it just that our bodies struggle to use both for energy at one time and the excess turns to body fat?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Any time you consume a large amount of carbohydrates, insulin is released from the pancreas in order to transport glucose into the muscle and fat cells (especially the muscle cells). Unfortunately, in the presence of insulin, dietary fat is more likely to be stored as fat on your body and less likely burned for energy as compared to when insulin levels are low. That is, for each level of glucose and fats in the blood, more insulin has to be released to transport them into the muscle cells. So when you consume a meal high in fat at this time, the carbohydrates that are in the blood are likely to be shuttled into the fat cells and not into the muscle cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Baller9
    awesome...thanks for the tips, sooners04.

Copenhagen, the rest of my diet is similar, I need to get more religious with regards to separating fats/carbs, but on the whole it is good quality food. Lean meats, low fat/sugars, no junk food, shoot for almost all complex carbs.

I know that I am supposed to separate carbs/fats, but can someone explain to me WHY? Is it just that our bodies struggle to use both for energy at one time and the excess turns to body fat?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Any time you consume a large amount of carbohydrates, insulin is released from the pancreas in order to transport glucose into the muscle and fat cells (especially the muscle cells). Unfortunately, in the presence of insulin, dietary fat is more likely to be stored as fat on your body and less likely burned for energy as compared to when insulin levels are low. That is, for each level of glucose and fats in the blood, more insulin has to be released to transport them into the muscle cells. So when you consume a meal high in fat at this time, the carbohydrates that are in the blood are likely to be shuttled into the fat cells and not into the muscle cells.

And thats that!

That makes a lot of sense when broken down like that. How long do insulin levels stay spiked after the intake of carbs? I.e., how long do I need to wait before taking in a pro/fat meal?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd say 2 hours should be sufficient.

Thread Information