steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

who here combines macros

what up guys just trying to see how many of you combine macros and have or are haveing good results here is my example meal,,,,i friend of mine ate meals like this one durning contest prep and he came in first so im just trying to get ideas from ya'll

8oz chicken breast
    1/2 cup rice
    1 tbls flax

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    I have had great results as well.

Ex: Steak and Rice

I guess its how well you respond. I have friends who combind as well and have great bodies.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    i have done all macros in meal but now i have switched to pro/carb and pro/fat and i havent really seen much of a difference

well some people say there is no point in combine two energy sources but it is really becoming a bitch seperateing all this carb/fat stuff i have keep the two seprate for almost a year now but i assume if you combine the two and eat clean you should be alright??? any body eles

Quote Originally Posted by jsimon
    I have had great results as well.

Ex: Steak and Rice

I guess its how well you respond. I have friends who combind as well and have great bodies.

all my friends combine macros im like an outkast not combing the two, and my buds are pretty ripped as well

i also know a few guys that have protein only meals and have carb/fat only meals so i guess this issue is to each there own, and what ever works for you??

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    yeah, I think it depends how your body responds.

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    well some people say there is no point in combine two energy sources but it is really becoming a bitch seperateing all this carb/fat stuff i have keep the two seprate for almost a year now but i assume if you combine the two and eat clean you should be alright??? any body eles
    I think I'm confused... I thought "eating clean" was separating your fats and carbs.

What do you mean by eating clean while combining the two?

Other than that you raise a good question. So bump as well.

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    Eating clean as in minimizing bad/saturated fats, less big macs with extra cheese and more tuna.

Until recently, I never consciously separated carbs/fats and have always been lean and naturally cut. I started doing it recently and the only difference I've noticed is that it's harder to get the calories...but my experiment is not over and these early results should not be treated as gospel.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i eat clean pretty much year round and i combine my macros... a good friend on mine does as well (steak and brown rice quite often) and he came in a show ripped and took 2nd. out of ten with the overall winner being the first in the class.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I think it has a lot to do with how lean you are. Lean guys can get away with combining macros while others can't. I've known guys who literally ate pizza and fast food 4 weeks out from their show and came in completely ripped. That's the thing....nutritional intervention is not a one size-fits-all shoe. You have to tweak, adjust and find what works best for you. Just starting out though, I would definately suggest seperating macros. As you get more and more lean, you can afford to experiment with different food combos.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i also know a few guys that have protein only meals and have carb/fat only meals so i guess this issue is to each there own, and what ever works for you??

????

i do pro/fat or pro/carb

but not carb/fat..

love the results..

and i do

pro (chicken) carb (rice) fat (olive oil)
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    ive been eating clean for a while (chicken, rice, flax meals a lot) but i never separated carbs and fats until about two months ago. I have noticed some fat loss but im not sure if it is the cardio on an empty stomach or the separation method.

so much braintwisting when it comes to diet and macro's it is really starting to piss me off what am i gonna dooooo im going crazzzzzzyzyzyzyzyzyyzzy

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    so much braintwisting when it comes to diet and macro's it is really starting to piss me off what am i gonna dooooo im going crazzzzzzyzyzyzyzyzyyzzy
    I feel your paid however I can say that since I started eating clean and utilizing the seperation method along with AM cardio, that I am down to 200 from 214 in about a month and a half. Im going to run it for another month and a half and see my results at the end of this 12 week period.

You should try to stick with one method for a period of a time, like 8-12 weeks and measure your progress throughout. Then at the end of your duration, you can try other methods and see what works best for you.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    I feel your paid however I can say that since I started eating clean and utilizing the seperation method along with AM cardio, that I am down to 200 from 214 in about a month and a half. Im going to run it for another month and a half and see my results at the end of this 12 week period.

You should try to stick with one method for a period of a time, like 8-12 weeks and measure your progress throughout. Then at the end of your duration, you can try other methods and see what works best for you.

Was it just the separation of your macro's that made the differnce?

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Was it just the separation of your macro's that made the differnce?
    I think it was the combination of that and also bumping my AM cardio up from 5 to 7 days/week.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Good stuff.

durden is offline New Member
    I used to seperate my macros and recently began combining them and it's been really great to tell you the truth. I have bean able to lean out just as quickly and have greater freedom with food selection.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I no longer seperate.

In the early part of my career i combined macros...sometimes i even had protein-only meals.

When i joined AR i read the suggestions of those that came before me...and switched to pro/carb or pro/fat.

Honestly...i get in killer shape...but not as much, or as easily as before.

So now i'm back to combining macros ..but eating clean.

Kurz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I no longer seperate.

In the early part of my career i combined macros...sometimes i even had protein-only meals.

When i joined AR i read the suggestions of those that came before me...and switched to pro/carb or pro/fat.

Honestly...i get in killer shape...but not as much, or as easily as before.

Exactly!!! Just be smart about it! I eat oats and peanut butter, whole wheat bread and peanut butter............salmon, steak and potatoes.....frankly 90% of my meals have all three. Now, I WONT have fats anywhere need Dextrose nor will I have candy or sugar and fats, but good clean carbs fats and proteins are a-ok...

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos

But what does that mean....if you can give me a brief explanation of your day...

I'm not trying to be a pain, its just obvious from you pics you get results!

Kurz is offline Member
    he is saying he eat carbs and fats in the same meal as long as they are CLEAN........

oats, whey and anob

steak and rice

eggs and oats, etc......

just not dextrose and reeces pb cups...........with us?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i never really split up my meals unless its in the midst of using slin.. other than that its all fair game as long as there is ample protein

Kurz is offline Member
    every meal does (and I think should) contain all 3 macros............EXCEPT postwork c/p only and prebed fats/pro only

eggs and oats
    pb on ww
    yams and chicken
    beef n rice

ALL STAPLES FOR ME.....although one meal i have is cottage cheese and almonds with fiber one on top..........dont think that qualifies.

Big_Flex is offline Junior Member
    Damn bro, don't worry about seperating macros. I'm bigger and harder than ever from eating all three together. Chicken, rice and olive oil. Chicken, Poatoes and yougurt drink with olive oil, cucumbers dill and water in it with a little salt. And so on, be creative. Eat like a king to be as big as a king.

Thread Information