Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Question Do you eat no matter if hungry or not, if 3 hours passes and your not hungry do you

still throw down some grub to get those meals in? I do and wonder if it's bad, well I'm not shredded so that's probably where I'm going wrong.

berry is offline Associate Member
    get some shakes in they digest better,specilly whey,and yes eat every 3 hours

testprop is offline Associate Member
    I eat every 2 hours

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    If I am trying ot bulk, I force myself to eat. It's the only way for me to get enough food. I trained myself for years to eat in moderation, so I have to force myself to break my conditioning when I bulk...

jonesmeister is offline Junior Member
    i have a meal every four hours e.i 8.am -12.am-4pm -8pm and when im on a cycle i add a protein drink/carb drink/flap jack two hours after a meal......... so every 2 hours im getting some goodies ...

well this is what works for me

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont see how u can eat every 2 hours thats like a full time job just tryin to feed urself. i try to do every 3 hours but after about the 3rd day im out of food to eat cause ive already eaten everything and it puts a strain on the whole 3 hour eating relationship

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    i eat every 2H hundry or not. I usually have 7-8 real meals and 1-2 shakes.

So most just eat by the clock and not by your body telling you it's hungry huh...this is how I am...but always wonder if it's working against me. I can see how it's great for bulking but for leaning out- I don't know?

it works well for both, depending on how much you have to cut only thing that really changes in amount of carbs i take in. In fact most days i eat same thing all day, just because it's easy that way, cook chicken for one day, tuna next and so on...

I do the same thing Eye-candy, makes it easy to keep track of calorie and nutrient intake. I tell you what, when I'm really eating clean and try to cut, I get fucking hungry every 2 hours. But when I'm just moderately eating I can go for hours without feeling hungry

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by Iwan2bsolid2
    So most just eat by the clock and not by your body telling you it's hungry huh...this is how I am...but always wonder if it's working against me. I can see how it's great for bulking but for leaning out- I don't know?
    By keeping your body nourished consistently throughout the day, your baseline metabolic rate will be elevated. I seem to eat in closer intervals (2 hours as opposed to 3) when I am dieting, it seems to diminish the cravings for sweets and junk food when you treat your food intake as a job.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Can't get big if you don't eat big

xxxl83

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Gotta keep a fresh supply of amino's in your system 24/7. This means slamming a 20g shake in the middle of the night if you're truly serious about gaining muscle. Now, while cutting, I'll maybe just pop some amino's and throw down 10g of glutamine in the middle of the night. Either way, you need food every 2-3.5 hours...I eat every 2-2.5.

the reason I asked this question is because I do this (eat every 2-3 hours) and I eat right before I go to bed, and I wake up to piss, I go into the kitchen and make a protein shake about 40 grams of protein mixed with flax, and eat a couple bites of cottage cheese, I sometimes do this a couple times during the night (basically anytime I wake up I eat before I go back to bed) but I'm just wondering if you all think that's bad for storing fat. I used to not do this and would just stop eating after the 6th meal of the day and wait till the next day to eat again. I was alot leaner too. But now if my stomach is growling and I don't eat I feel like I'm starting to shrink that very minute. Now I don't stop eating ever it's only stopping for the 2-3 hour period...that I'm either waiting till the next meal or sleeping and dreaming about waking up to take a piss so I can pound a shake. I just want to stay lean (under 10%).
    Last edited by Iwan2bsolid2; 05-14-2002 at 01:19 AM.

i dont eat during the night , i have a protein shake(low carbs and skimmed milk ) before bed and one when i wake as i put on fat very easily so i just get my sleep,i cant see you needing many nutrients during the night when your asleep as your not burning many cals and if youve eaten enough during the day i think u should be ok well thats my thoughts any how.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Gotta force it, If I didn't I'd only get about 2300 cals.

thats right diesel me too, but isnt sleep and rest a huge part of building muscle ?

superbeast is offline Member
    Originally posted by Diesel
    You guys who set your alarm for the middle of the night to riffle down a shake are nuts.
    I would much rather catch a full night of Z's than set my alarm to take in 40g of pro.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it but it will be a cold day in hell that I set my alarm to get up and succk down a shake.
    I set it when I'm trying to bulk, but not all the time, I like my sleep. My bedstand is a one of those little refrigerators. I just open it up and chug it down, and back to sleep. It is a little harder when you are sleeping with someone. Kinda hard to justify it to a wife or girlfriend.

ya.. who is able to sleep all night i am up for at least 1 piss, usually more, so good time of shake. I think it's good when dieting too, if you have zero sugar in shake.

I woudn't set may alarm or anything but if I'm up to piss, I drink one.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    So, I think you answered your question solid. Yes, you need amino's alll day. If you aren't as lean as you want, only way to fix that is changing diet, being more intense in the gym, doing some cardio...or get some T3 and clen .

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by Diesel
    You guys who set your alarm for the middle of the night to riffle down a shake are nuts.
    I would much rather catch a full night of Z's than set my alarm to take in 40g of pro.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it but it will be a cold day in hell that I set my alarm to get up and succk down a shake.
    I have always been stern on this issue too. It is not too easy to re-achieve REM 3 sleep after waking up and having a meal. I just recommend eating mono/polyunsaturated fats along with your final meal in order to slow gastric emptying while you sleep.

so do you think by combining some flax with your protein shake before bed is enough to slow digestion down enough to keep your body fueled with amino's till morning?

jbrand is offline Member
    so do you think by combining some flax with your protein shake before bed is enough to slow digestion down enough to keep your body fueled with amino's till morning?
    I would assume there will still be a period of malnutrition (assuming 8 hours), but I think flaxseed oil with your protein shake would be your best bet as your final meal.

That's what I do before I hit the hay. I'm going to try to quit having another if I wake up.

superbeast is offline Member
    No way, nothing is going to slow down the absorpion of a protein shake to last you all night long.

murph is offline Member
    you can make sure your last meal contains some milk protien in it,........that is a slower digesting protien and will keep the aminos there a bit longer,.....100% whey is the fastest not good right before bed (IMO) ...............and I also suck down a shake during the bathroom break in the middle of the night..........some nights a couple.......lol...

Murph- what kinda of shake you sucking down if not whey powder. Shit should I go buy some diferent kinda of powder like casein just for night shakes?

murph is offline Member
    the MET-RX Protien Plus has a blend of several different protiens (not the soy though) but yes it does have the casein here is the break down in the order they appear on the container,...........(milk protien isolate,caseinate,whey protien isolate,L-Glutamine,egg white),.......... thats the first part or the ingredients anyway,.....there are several brands that have about the same blend, but i found this is one of the only ones that actually mixes into a shake sorta, nice and thick, kinda like pudding, not all watery and just flavored like some,........its got 2g of sugar per 46g of protien,............only 3g of total carbs aswell and .5g of fat, per 46g of protien,..............

taste good huh? Nutrients look good.

murph is offline Member
    yeah it actually does taste good believe it or not ......lol......... i was suprised when i first tasted it. It also seems filling because its so thick,.. whitch also suprised me because I know they are called shakes but,.... hardly any of them mix up thick like an actual shake, but this does,.. and you dont even need a blender neither just a glass and a spoon, 4real .......

I love thick shakes, gonna have to try it, so it mixes up like a MRP- thicker than just protein shake? Which one is it exactly?

Diesel1 is offline Associate Member
    50 grams of carb free whey, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, and flax oil....1 hr.-1 hr. 15 min before bed.......... serving a ZMA 15-30 min before sleep....REM sleep

Diesel1 is offline Associate Member
    oh a 5-10 grams of glutamine

murph is offline Member
    this is a bad pic of it, but its called protien plus, by MET-RX. the container is taller than it looks here but you can get the idea from it,.... there are like four flavors each with only .5g or 1g of fat...... my favorite is the strawberry's and cream, .........and for sure the thickest I've found yet along w/the good taste its a winner .......lol.... but 4real it is over all a good tasting shake and the blend of protiens make it perfect before bed,..... (IMO) oh yeah, I checked at allsportsnutrition and it was like $21.00 for i think 2 and a half pounds........some places have it a little cheaper like a buck or two but not much.........(not website neither actual stores).........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do you eat no matter if hungry or not, if 3 hours passes and your not hungry do you-met-rx.jpg  

emmm...vanilla butter cream. Thanks Murph, have you tried that one?

Diesel, 1tbsp of Flax and 1Tbsp of PB, that sound good to, any reasoning for this or just for taste?

murph is offline Member
    .....lol........ yeah the vanilla butter cream is good to,...... the thing Diesel1 says doesnt sound bad, but the P.B. would be high in fat, i know some of the fat in P.B. is good but not all of it, and to do this right before bed doesnt seem to appeal to me,.... I'm sure it would be slower digesting though,...... but I would do the extra L-Glutamine like he said for sure,..... I'll take about 5g's when i get up to pee in the middle of the night, if I dont fix a quick shake, ... and again first thing in the morning before the cadrio or anything, ....to try to prevent any muscle cell breakdown, ..... since L-Glutamine is an anti-catabolic amino acid, it helps during these times greatly.........

right on the money Murph. 1 more thing, I am a chocolate kinda guy who likes sweets and stuff, so I'm not really into like strawberry flaves, so would you recommend the vanilla or choc-if you've tried it? Thanks.

murph is offline Member
    i think the chocolate is one of the ones with 1g of fat instead of .5g's,..... like wow 1 whole gram,........ but anyway, its not bad...... i guess i would go with the one that sounds best to you,..... im pretty sure its half a gram of fat in the vanilla if that does make a difference, ...... i swear i like them all but if taste was the only thing to go by then it would be the strawberry cream for me (and the strawberry is a bit different then you might expect, kinda hard to explain , but i normally dont care for the stawberry powders out there, I normally go with the chocolate myself)
    Last edited by murph; 05-15-2002 at 05:48 PM.

Alright you got my ass convinced, I'm going with Strawberry cream..I let you know what I think....lata, and thanks for the help..

SOLID

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information