jixxxer is offline Associate Member

throwing up after eating......

OK, lets say you screw up for a given reason and eat some hobbible stuff, ie candybar chips etc. You feel like shit and feel vomitting will take it out of your system. My question is how do you have before the food breaks down into your system flooding it with fat and bad carbs. Should you go throw up immediately or wait a certain amount of time?

LoneLifter is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like a bad idea period. Just work on not screwing up and if you do...realize it, make a note of what caused you to do it and better prepare yourself for the next time you are in that situation.

Almost sounds like you are planning to fail.

-LL

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneLifter
    Sounds like a bad idea period. Just work on not screwing up and if you do...realize it, make a note of what caused you to do it and better prepare yourself for the next time you are in that situation.

Almost sounds like you are planning to fail.

-LL
    I second that. Also, throwing up just doesn't seem like a good idea, eat clean and have a cheat day. Don't go bullemic.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I agree w/the others, it sounds like you want to gorge yourself then go w/the urge to purge and make yourself barf.

This leads to bulemia because you'll eat like crazy satisfying the brain, then you'll go barf satisfying you mentally again because now you don't stress of the kcals, but you are hurting yourself when you do this.

~SC~

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jixxxer
    OK, lets say you screw up for a given reason and eat some hobbible stuff, ie candybar chips etc. You feel like shit and feel vomitting will take it out of your system. My question is how do you have before the food breaks down into your system flooding it with fat and bad carbs. Should you go throw up immediately or wait a certain amount of time?
    This is a horrible thing to do to your body. Not only will it hinder your progress and hold u back from your goals, it will also take a toll on you mentally.

just have a nice cheat meal or day once a week to satisfy cravings.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    You can also keep some sugar free popsicles in your freezer for when u crave.

This works for me.

tod682 is offline Associate Member
    someone close to me used to be bolemic its a disease and anyone thats starts that type of behavior is a risk of becoming bolemic if u eat something u dont like just do a little extra cardio that night or eat healthier the next day .. never force urself to throw up unless you ingest poison

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Baddd idea man...
    this is bulemia
    not a good idea at all.........

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you really expect someone to say, "yeah thats a great idea, i do it all the time." LOL.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    You guys kidding, I know two bro's that do this with great success. Derek Zoolander and Hansel both use this method to drop a few pounds before shows, those guys are fit, are they not?

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    You guys kidding, I know two bro's that do this with great success. Derek Zoolander and Hansel both use this method to drop a few pounds before shows, those guys are fit, are they not?
    that movie was hilarious.

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    Did you really expect someone to say, "yeah thats a great idea, i do it all the time." LOL.

i just spit out my gum

LoneLifter is offline Associate Member

That Hansel....so hot right now

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    You can also keep some sugar free popsicles in your freezer for when u crave.

This works for me.

Sugar free jello

On a side note, one time i ate this huge cheat meal and i threw up, but this was not a bulemia situtation.

Not a good idea man, like said above, cheat and get it out of your system until the next week.

Basically if you are craving something, tear it up on your cheat day/meal and get the craving out of your system.

jixxxer is offline Associate Member
    Thanks alot for the advice, I never really thought of it like that(planning to fail). I think I'll try to keep food on hand or at my desk so that when i do get a craving I wont have to hit the vending machine. And dont worry Im not bulemic.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    On a side note...the vomitting can have repercussion outside the psychological aspect.

Physiologically speaking: vomiting= forced re-route of acid.

It can/will damage teeth and the oesophagus...

Things that you take for granted: i.e. chewing and swallowing, will become a distant memory

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jixxxer
    Thanks alot for the advice, I never really thought of it like that(planning to fail). I think I'll try to keep food on hand or at my desk so that when i do get a craving I wont have to hit the vending machine. And dont worry Im not bulemic.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I could never waste food. That would be a sin in my book.

But seriousily, i really hope you heed the advice offered above. Your health should never be taken lightly.

mitch911 is offline Member
    1 chocolate bar is not going to have such a huge impact ...like others said hit the treadmill to burn it off and just dont make a habbit...no need to stress over it and no need to stress your body by forcing yourself to throw up

OoOGazOoO is offline New Member
    I have suffered from Bulimia in the past, as a matter of fact, it took over my life for like 6 months, don't get started on a very slippery slope, stay clear of it.

I am nearly 19, and been clear of bulimia for about 8 months now, i am quite proud, because when i was trying to stop i spoke to people who had been doing it for 4/5/6 years and i knew i needed to stop, and eventually i did.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO
    I have suffered from Bulimia in the past, as a matter of fact, it took over my life for like 6 months, don't get started on a very slippery slope, stay clear of it.

I am nearly 19, and been clear of bulimia for about 8 months now, i am quite proud, because when i was trying to stop i spoke to people who had been doing it for 4/5/6 years and i knew i needed to stop, and eventually i did.

Good job my man

Now wait till you start eating so much you puke, some call it bulking

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by tod682
    someone close to me used to be bolemic its a disease and anyone thats starts that type of behavior is a risk of becoming bolemic if u eat something u dont like just do a little extra cardio that night or eat healthier the next day .. never force urself to throw up unless you ingest poison
    some poisons could cause harm coming back up. If in doubt, 911

OoOGazOoO is offline New Member
    Good job my man

Now wait till you start eating so much you puke, some call it bulking
    Thanks mate, appreciate the nice comment there, it did take a long time to get over, but it's in my past now, feel and look so much better for getting rid of it too.

Thread Information