Thread: Pwo?

tod682 is offline Associate Member

Pwo?

I usually just drink a double protein shake (48g/without milk) and eat a small bowl of brown rice

this is what i dont understand in the stick post, specifically the bolded part

A general rule of thumb is 40-60 grams whey protein, and double the amount of whey in carbohydrates (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin).

am i wrong again?, thanks for allowing me to learn

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tod682
    I usually just drink a double protein shake (48g/without milk) and eat a small bowl of brown rice

this is what i dont understand in the stick post, specifically the bolded part

A general rule of thumb is 40-60 grams whey protein, and double the amount of whey in carbohydrates (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin).

am i wrong again?, thanks for allowing me to learn
    Just double the amout of carbs like so if you have 40 grams of protein have 80 grams of carbs, 50 pro/100 carbs.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Trust me get some Dextrose, i love having my PWO shake.

www.thebetterhealthstore.com

tod682 is offline Associate Member
    thanks

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    1. u should have dex. or anything that can replenish ur glycogen levels quicker then rice.
    2.then u can have the rice with ur next meal...no matter whether ur cutting or bulking u will want those carbs in ur ppwo meal...

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    there was a thread not too long ago where giantz and johan were discussing high GI Vs Low GI for PWO

the evisence they came up with (in the form of scientific studies) suggest that High GI is not needed - an insulin spike does not promote protein synthesis - the first phase of glycogen replenishment is non insulin depended anyway - and low GI are just as effective at restoring glycogen with less chance of fat gain

(correct me if i said any of that wrong Giantz/Johan - that was just off the top of my head)

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    there was a thread not too long ago where giantz and johan were discussing high GI Vs Low GI for PWO

the evisence they came up with (in the form of scientific studies) suggest that High GI is not needed - an insulin spike does not promote protein synthesis - the first phase of glycogen replenishment is non insulin depended anyway - and low GI are just as effective at restoring glycogen with less chance of fat gain

(correct me if i said any of that wrong Giantz/Johan - that was just off the top of my head)

i remember that thread, and i agree, i have been exsperminting with PWO's and useing either DEX or quick oats or ricecakes

Thread Information