1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty

A little help shredding

Hey guys. I just finished bulking and will be cutting for the next couple of months. right now I am 19 years old, 6'3 227lbs about 15% bf. Trying to shred up and get the 6 pack going. I am a college student that works a regular job so meal timing is a little rough but I think I have worked out most of the kinks. I run in the morning 4-5 times a week on an empty stomach and lift 6 times a week. I am posting the diet that I have been using for the last couple of days. It fits my schedule and is fairly simple.

Cardio
    9:00 a.m.
    Wheat bread/tuna and protein shake.
    530 cals
    79g protein
    30g carbs
    6g fat

noon
    2 turkey burgers
    320 cals
    40g protein
    0g carbs
    12g fat

Workout
    3:45 p.m.
    Protein shake and oatmeal
    550 cals
    46g protein
    53g carbs
    10g fat

5:00 p.m.
    2 chicken breasts
    340 cals
    70g protein
    0g carbs
    5g fat

6:30 p.m.
    Protein shake
    250 cals
    46g protein
    6g carbs
    3g fat

8:30 p.m.
    3 eggs w/ tuna and olive oil
    480 cals
    51g protein
    3g carbs
    27g fat

Bedtime Midnight
    2600 calories 365g protein 100g carbohydrates 60g fat

I have dropped the dextrose from my pwo. I know that it is a hot topic among the diet forum but I really don't think dextrose could be all that important durring a cutting cycle. I wouldn't consider bulking without it, but not cutting. So I figure a cup of oats about 20 min after workout would do me fine. Maybe not, let me know what you guys think. And I know this is nowhere near a perfect diet but I was hoping you guys could check it over to make sure I haven't missed anything vital. I am open to any suggestions or advice. Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah. Also on clen at 160mcg per day and about 2 gallons of water. And I know this might be a steroid question but involves diet as well. Someone asked me today if you were on aas and were cutting, is there much chance of losing muscle mass. I figure since it is damn near impossible to be on juice and be in a catabolic state, you really wouldn't lose much muscle provided you intake enough protein and don't drop calories to a drastic level. What do you guys think. I couldn't seem to find any good research on it just seems like logic.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    Oh yeah. Also on clen at 160mcg per day and about 2 gallons of water. And I know this might be a steroid question but involves diet as well. Someone asked me today if you were on aas and were cutting, is there much chance of losing muscle mass. I figure since it is damn near impossible to be on juice and be in a catabolic state, you really wouldn't lose much muscle provided you intake enough protein and don't drop calories to a drastic level. What do you guys think. I couldn't seem to find any good research on it just seems like logic.
    You will lose mass..but not muscle mass. I took in around 400g of protein a day when I dropped 30lbs. I lost 2 inches off of my arms, but they actually looked better and bigger, because of the bf I took off.

Were you on cycle when you cut? I saw your photos in another thread. You have a serious physique. Absolutely incredible. Any way, what do you think of the diet? Veggies like boiled brocoli and salad greens are in the mix I just didn't post them. Thanks for your reply.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    Were you on cycle when you cut? I saw your photos in another thread. You have a serious physique. Absolutely incredible. Any way, what do you think of the diet? Veggies like boiled brocoli and salad greens are in the mix I just didn't post them. Thanks for your reply.
    I was taking prop, tren , masteron for 9 weeks. The first 3 weeks I used var, and dropped it for the masteron. Yeah...I was wondering about the veggies. I would drop the turkey burgers for more chicken breast. I would also drop the olive oil in the tuna and get it in water. I take it you are eating the yoke in your eggs? Drop that also, and eat just the whites. It also wouldn't hurt to throw in another cup of oats in there to up your carbs a little more.

I always get my tuna in water. I cook it in a skillet with three whole eggs and a tbsp of olive oil just for my essential fats. I thought EFAs were good in your protein meal before bed. You don't think so? I was thinking about dropping the yokes and just doing 4-5 egg whites. I will go ahead and do that then. But I will probably keep the turkey burgers just because they are so cheap and I am a college student.

Zapp is offline Banned
    I used flax for my fats. Tablespoon at 9am, and another at 12pm.

Yeah. I like flax. Always have it during bulking. Zapp, I have seen your pictures, the one from a year ago, the ones from two months ago, and the ones precontest and let me just say freeking amazing. So seeing how far you have come and winning your competitions is pretty encouraging. I used to be a highschool lineman weighing in at 318 lbs that dropped down to 200lbs in the course of freshman year at college. Talk about being a big'en. I lost a lot of fat but a lot of muscle as well. My bench went down from the 350lbs to 230lbs. I put on a lot of muscle in the last 5 months and my bench has gone back up to 330lbs. I just want to see my abs. Never really have been able to but am dead set on it. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Also, do you think it is a mistake taking out the pwo dextrose? I would just rather prefer whole food.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Hey bro....You saw what my abs looked like last year. There were none. I never thought I would ever see mine either, but it can be done. You just have to dedicate yourself 110% to your goals, and don't stray from them. It will payoff bro! Don't see the need for dextrose myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    Hey bro....You saw what my abs looked like last year. There were none. I never thought I would ever see mine either, but it can be done. You just have to dedicate yourself 110% to your goals, and don't stray from them. It will payoff bro! Don't see the need for dextrose myself.
    Thank God. I thought it was just me. I will take it when trying to gain just because some people swear by it and I don't see how it could hurt me. But I was really hesitant in adding it to my cutting diet. Something they sell in a liqour brewing store for $2 a pound just doesn't seem like it would help me cut. Haha. I was almost afraid to post my PWO because I thought I would get flamed for the lack of dextrose. By the way, your abs still looked pretty good last year. I figure about 10lbs and thats where I will be. So maybe drop down to 190-195 will give me a nice place to maintain and get defined and start a lean bulk this summer. Now that you are on PCT, are you running, bumping up intake, etc? Just curious.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    hey bro, i've been reading this thread and just to let you know i feel your pain with being a former fatty myself...i was an o lineman at 240lbs (5'8"). your abs will come like zapp said, just keep focused and dont give up. I managed to do it naturally, which is a bitch as well.

Thanks for the encouragement bigsd67. Yeah, being a fat ass sucked. I cut down from 318 to 200lbs all naturally. I dieted for over 11 months straight with only 36 break days. So I know the pains of dieting naturally. By the last 5 months, I didn't miss normal food. I would break everytime I reached a certain weight goal or my progress was slowing. And of course a few holidays. I always thought if I got down to 200lbs flat, I would be pretty ripped. Probably would have too if I didn't lose so much muscle. Running 5 times a week with under 2000 calories a day for 11 months, well you get the picture. Thankfully my body builds muscle a lot quicker than it loses fat. Just have to get those last few pounds off. Anyway, thanks again. Oh, and what do you think of the diet? See anything I am missing?

Nice abs by the way.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    the diet looks pretty good....my advice is to keep your calories as high as you can and increase your activity. this will help to keep your muscle in check....going thru college while dieting sux as well but it's all good...i used the info on this board to keep me motivated

Thread Information