Flex2winny is offline Associate Member

Diet and Test for a stagnant trainee...

I am training this guy at my gym and I need your help. He's about 6'1 and a light 165, prob. 8-9%. Claims he used to bench around 315 a few years back (he's 35 now) but cut his weight (from 225) lost bf and lost a ton of strength. He routine is decent, does cardio in the am 5-6 days a week, trains 5x a week, but is really weak now (bnch around 185 max)

Anyways, he's taking 250 test/enth weekly injections and 300-400eq

I put him on this diet, what do you think......
    cardio
    6am
    75g carbs
    50g pro
    3-5 g fat

20g fat
    40g protein
    10g carb max

noon
    same as 9

same as noon

530 train

pw shake - 100g carbs/40g pro

75g carbs
    40g pro
    3-5 fat

BED

if he trains in the am, it would be the same meal 1, but would finish off the days with meals like at 9 and noon.......

250-275g carbs daily
    300g pro
    50-75g fats

lean mass?

bigtraps is offline Member
    Well I think that it is a good diet. But 6'1" 165......IMHO I don't think the A.M. cardio is necessary. He has to be pretty darn skinny. With that good CLEAN diet. He won't put on fat. How many Cals total?

Austex is offline Member
    Yep, I'd drop all cardio completely. It will only be running glucose levels low, which need to be high to promote muscle growth. If you have him stick to a good diet (as the one you noted), he will stay lean and still have significant gains in LBM. Remember, when bulking...except for the FEW with awesome genetics, it is normal to maintain 12-17% BF. If his BF starts to increase as time passes, then you include light cardio or adjust the diet. Good luck!

Austex is offline Member
    Just a side note...I'd "recommend" to him that he supplement with a higher dose of Test.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Just a side note...I'd "recommend" to him that he supplement with a higher dose of FOOD.

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    hes 35 and is that small and lost all that strength and size? maybe its his diet and training? and if i were him id get my test levels tested before running that gear, he could already have declining natural test levels. just my opinion though.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Why is he still doing all that cardio if he wants to gain weight? He shouldnt even say the word cardio anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Why is he still doing all that cardio if he wants to gain weight? He shouldnt even say the word cardio anytime soon
    thanks for everyones help......just reiterated what I informed him. Do you think the above macros are pretty good for him? He works a desk job and is timid by the fact of eating all day....He's used to all the cardio cause hell, it's what he's been doing for the past 2 years PLUS he read that it stimulates protein snythesis. I'll have him reduce it to 2x a week....MAX. His only foods are:

lean meats
    cottage cheese
    veggies
    peanuts,almonds,fish oils
    oats (foundation of his carb intake)
    brown rice
    yams
    egg whites
    skim milk
    low carb wraps
    non fat cheese
    ezekiel bread
    and a TON of splenda....lol

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Winny, somehow I'm thinking that this friend is you, would I be wrong on that guess?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    "I have a friend".........

U have to love those kind of posts!!!!!

It's strange to me that you are helping someone else w/a diet, but you are struggling every other day to nail down your own protocol. Not a flame, merely an observation.

~SC~

I would also tell him that if he needs help, he should hire a nutritionist or personal trainer.

That is the advice I would give to him if you are really wanting to help him. Have him take some initiative since it's his body/life/goals/etc.

~SC~

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Tell him to register here.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BDMF
    Tell him to register here.

Good point.

its not me.....I know it sorta looks like it, but it's not...I'm actually up 6lbs since I myself neixed cardio.......I think this diet, wil help....you guys helped me by using this approach....

Just have him try it and you can tell him how to adjust it, as you already know what's ideal and what isn't. Seeing as you're WELL educated from all of the helpful posts here you've received, he should be under pretty good guidance.

~SC~

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Seeing as you're WELL educated~SC~

HAHAHA! I dont know flex2winny very well so im not tryin to come off like im laughin at him...but was that sarcasm or are you bein serious swole?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    HAHAHA! I dont know flex2winny very well so im not tryin to come off like im laughin at him...but was that sarcasm or are you bein serious swole?
    He has just asked the same questions and they give him the same advice each time, and he refuses to listen to it...so he will ask once again, to receive the same response. So..he should be well educated cuz hes heard it a million times

Technically, he does possess all of the information that he needs to know. (From a myriad of diet issues/scenarios/etc.) He's heard respones to the different questions/scenarios a plethora of times, and that's actually good in theory. The only thing left to do w/that information obtained, is to put it into actual practice. Execute, take notes, adjust when needed, etc. He would ideally have the subject start w/something, be consistent for a marked period of time, analyze the results, etc. It's all a process.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Technically, he does possess all of the information that he needs to know. (From a myriad of diet issues/scenarios/etc.) He's heard respones to the different questions/scenarios a plethora of times, and that's actually good in theory. The only thing left to do w/that information obtained, is to put it into actual practice. Execute, take notes, adjust when needed, etc. He would ideally have the subject start w/something, be consistent for a marked period of time, analyze the results, etc. It's all a process.

~SC~
    good stuff swole and I apologize for pissing you and giant off...it's just I hear so many damn theories..... macro sepeartion, cardio vs none, fats and protein beofre bed, eating at 2am, protein bars are ok in moderation, etc. that I tend to get confused.....I have been following the above diet and like I said, put on some good weight.....slowed my cardio way down, getting some good sleep.....I am still on the weaker end from where I was too, but it'll come back...as soon as I learn the final approach....TIME OFF! and DONT BE AFRAID TO FRIGGN EAT......like tomorrow, are we going to town or what???

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah dude definitely gonna do cardio in the AM and try to find a gym that will be open in the evening for weight training.

My gym is closed on Thanksgiving, but it's my day off anyhow. I'll do my cardio at home.

I'll enjoy one plate of whatever, but I'm not going psycho.

~SC~

Austex is offline Member
    "I am training this guy at my gym"

That's what caught my attention.

Thread Information