TR'05 is offline Member

Starting To Plateau! Critique Diet Please!

Hey Fellas, seem to be hitting a plateau on my cutting diet. Current stats: 6'1 190lbs maybe 14% bf -maybe less (not too sure). Would like to drop 5-10 more pounds, but more concerned about dropping the bf% to around 10.

Over the past couple months I have lost about 15 lbs id say and look a hell of a lot better. I am currently doing 50 minutes of low intensity cardio 6 times a week on an empty stomach and hit the weights 5 times a week (Monday thru Friday). Any suggestions on areas in the diet that need improvement? Or any criticism at all, for that matter, would be greatly appreciated.

NORMAL DAY'S DIET

Meal 1 PRO/CARB: I eat 45 minutes to an hour after cardio.

2/3 cup (measured dry) oatmeal (117 cals, 4.2g P, 20gC, 2.1g F)

12 egg whites (204/42/3.5/0)...or, 2 scoops WHEY mixed with water (220/46/3/3) if i am pressed for time.

New totals: (Cals/Pro/Carb/Fat) 321/48/30/5

Meal 2: PRO/FAT

6oz (170g) of white-meat turkey breast - (230/51/0/1)
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter - (190/8/4/16)

totals: 420/59/4/17

Meal 3: PRO/FAT An hour before working out:

2 cans flaked white tuna (212 cals, 48 g protein, 0 carbs, and 1 g fat.
    2tbsp Hellmann's Light Mayonaisse (100 cals, 0 protein, 0 carbs, and 10
    grams fat).

Meal 3 totals: 312 calories, 48 g protein, 0 carbs, and 11 g of fat.

WORKOUT

PWO:

Two scoops protein mixed with water (220/46/3/3)
    1/2c Dextrose (368/0/92/0)

totals: 588/50/95/3

Meal 4: PPWO

2 chicken breast (220/48/0/3)
    1/4 cup brown rice (160/3/34/1)

Meal 4 totals: 380/51/34/4

Meal 5: PRO/FAT Before Bed

Two scoops Whey Protein mixed with water (220/46/3/3)
    1 Tbsp flaxseed oil (120/0/0/14)

Meal 5 totals: 330/46/3/17

DAILY TOTALS: CALS/PROTEIN/CARBS/FAT...2351/300/166/60

TR'05 is offline Member
    Oh yah, I also drink between 1-2 gallons of water a day.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    bruh that diet looks damn good IMO, if any thing i would up ur carbs a lil bit, also are you haveing a ceat meal atleast once evrey two weeks ??

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    your diet looks to be pretty well on Q. it's actually very similar to what i do in springtime. Personally, i like to have a pro/carb meal before i workout though (which would be #3). if things are plateauing(sp) then try switching things up. how? i dunno be creative. maybe replace a pro/fat with a pro/carb or vica versa, lower protein and up carbs a little, have a cheat meal before a workout everyone in a while. are you taking any supps or aas?

oh i almost forgot, throw some green veggies in too... something high in fiber. maybe broccoli or asperagus(sp)

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i have found that when i platue i will cycle my carbs for 2 weeks

basically go w/ an avg amount of carbs on day .. next day half it then go 2 days w/ minimal like ONLY PWO CARBS
    then start over

i found this to be EXTREMELY BENEFICIAL when stuck in a rut while cutting good luck and PM me if u have any Q's

TR'05 is offline Member
    Thanks for the quick replies, guys. I am au natural, as they say...no AAS or Suppies. I have a couple cheat meal every two weeks. I steer clear of the entire cheat days as i have the tendancy to go overboard. This Wednesday comin' up is my next cheat meal day- I cannot wait.

Ill definately toss in some green veggies. Should I keep the veggies to PRO/CARB meal, or could I have the veggies in the PRO/FAT meals, also?

I think every couple of days during the week ill switch up a PRO/FAT meal to PRO/CARB and see how that goes.

Thanks guys. Anyone else have any ideas?

veggies in both bro
    their almost 100% water w/ fiber the carbs from any green vegie is negligble

TR'05 is offline Member
    I cycle my carbs on weekends, which are my days off from weight training. I have just started to keep my carbs quite low on weekends- around 50 g or less...two weekends in so far and it definately is tough, but hopefully i see some results from it. Is that kind of the same deal, taiboxa?

Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    I cycle my carbs on weekends, which are my days off from weight training. I have just started to keep my carbs quite low on weekends- around 50 g or less...two weekends in so far and it definately is tough, but hopefully i see some results from it. Is that kind of the same deal, taiboxa?
    similar but to a lesser extent

TR'05 is offline Member
    alright, I think ive got the jist of what your saying. I will give it a try and see if it helps. Thanks a ton, bro!

i have also done something similar to what taiboxa speaks of. i may go all weekend (non workout days) with just pro/fat and then hit pro/carb back up for the week and this helps get me back on track. not quite what taiboxa is talking about but similar idea. it has worked for me...

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    im on a carb cycle diet right now. It's only been 2 1/2 weeks and i have seen results. i do low, medium, high, repeat. low days are around 50g, med 100g, high days 150g. I actually feel a lot better too and have more energy for my workouts.

i would suggest that or maybe try whole food carbs for PWO. i know some dont agree with this but i rotate between dex and whole carbs every couple weeks. just to change it up a bit.

another suggestion would be to have a carb up/re-feed day instead of an all out cheat day. One day a week eat 1g/lb pro and the rest healthy carbs, while keeping your fat to a minimum. fruits, whole grain pasta, fat free milk and yogurt, potatoes, etc. are good for these days.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    im on a carb cycle diet right now. It's only been 2 1/2 weeks and i have seen results. i do low, medium, high, repeat. low days are around 50g, med 100g, high days 150g. I actually feel a lot better too and have more energy for my workouts.

i would suggest that or maybe try whole food carbs for PWO. i know some dont agree with this but i rotate between dex and whole carbs every couple weeks. just to change it up a bit.

another suggestion would be to have a carb up/re-feed day instead of an all out cheat day. One day a week eat 1g/lb pro and the rest healthy carbs, while keeping your fat to a minimum. fruits, whole grain pasta, fat free milk and yogurt, potatoes, etc. are good for these days.
    That is a good idea. I think I will start making Sunday my carb day. Naturally I carb cycle depending on workout days or nonworkout days. On workout days I get 151g-171g...non workout about 40

Thread Information