Thread: Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter

I usually eat 4 egg whites cooked in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 slices of bread and 1.3 cups of yogurt for breakfast. I'm trying to get more sleep before work and it's getting hard to cook all that shiznit in the morning. So, I'm eating a peanut butter sandwhich (just pb only.) Is peanut butter bad or what, I know it has a lot of healthy fat, but everymorning?

What would you do, eat 4 egg whites with one tablespoon olive oil or 2 tablespoons pb on 2 slices of bread? The calories are pretty much the same, so I'm just curious as to what you guys think.

TR'05 is offline Member
    It really depends on your training goals. I can see that you aren't overly concerned with seperating carbs and fat; thus, im assuming that you are bulking....but who knows?? As for the pb-'wich It isn't too bad, but id give you two suggestions. First, make sure it is natural pb, not the sugary processed ones. Second, either way you are going to need more protein in that first meal.

If it were me, I would drop the olive oil and pb all together, up the egg whites to 8-10 and have 3/4 - 1 cup of oats...need some more info to know what you are gunning for, though.

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector_injector
    I usually eat 4 egg whites cooked in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 slices of bread and 1.3 cups of yogurt for breakfast. I'm trying to get more sleep before work and it's getting hard to cook all that shiznit in the morning. So, I'm eating a peanut butter sandwhich (just pb only.) Is peanut butter bad or what, I know it has a lot of healthy fat, but everymorning?

What would you do, eat 4 egg whites with one tablespoon olive oil or 2 tablespoons pb on 2 slices of bread? The calories are pretty much the same, so I'm just curious as to what you guys think.
    If you are going to eat peanut butter make sure it is all natural.. I'm sure you know this but if ya didn't now ya do

Your local health food store should have some if not I know GNC sells an all Natural peanut butter..

I'm pretty sure it is natty?? Anyways, I'm eating about 40grams of protein and 100 grams of carbs in the morning, and I have a total of 4,000 cals per day. I'm on a clean bulk and I'm on week 3 of primo, I justed injected an hour ago in fact. Anyways, I'm just curious if it'll clog up your arteries hardcore or not. Because I know that monounsaturated fat lowers ldl and highers hdl, olive oil contains 10grams of mono per tblspn so that's why I like it. Peanut butter has mono too but it also has like 2-3 grams of saturated fat so that highers ldl and has no change on hdl.
    Last edited by inspector_injector; 11-14-2005 at 08:27 PM.

Ummmmm... The brand name is "Skippy." It doesn't say natural anywhere on it but it doesn't say it has preservatives in it?? Anyone know?

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    sounds like regular pb. hydrogenated oils...bad. you'll know the natural kind when you see it. it is the kind with the oil floating at the top. smuckers makes a good natty pb.

---^ your right, now that I look at it again it says hydrogenated oil. Thanks for the tip.

guess I'm going back to eggs and olive oil, and missing half an hour of sleep. LOL

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector_injector
    guess I'm going back to eggs and olive oil, and missing half an hour of sleep. LOL

You dont necassarily need to switch back to your original breakfast meal due to the Skippy.

We're in a similar boat b/c I"m bulking and trying to consume over 4k as well CLEAN. Peanut butter is one of my favorite "ready to go" meals. I wake up in the AM 3X a week after only about 4 hours of sleep. So instead of taking 30 minutes to cook and eat berakfast I"ll take 2tbls of Natural PB and mix it in with a MRP and I"m good to go. That way you can still accomplish a 400-500 calorie breakfast.

I use a natural PB that's sold at a local Heathfood store. But if you're picking up your skippy at the local Grocery store, which I'm sure you are, they usually sell a brand called "Teddys." Teddy is an all natural PB that is soley made up peanuts. Nothing hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated. That way you can still enjoy your PB Sandwich and not worry about saturated fats

KingJames23 is offline Associate Member
    so at 18 years old and im just trying to put on muscle while cutting down body fat, eating peanut butter toast is bad for the breakfast along with a protein shake and some yogurt?? It seems healthy???? ANyone???

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJames23
    so at 18 years old and im just trying to put on muscle while cutting down body fat, eating peanut butter toast is bad for the breakfast along with a protein shake and some yogurt?? It seems healthy???? ANyone???

yeas its a bad idea, if your trying to cut up check the cutting sticky bruh

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    BTW there is a diffrence btween eating healthy and eating to get rpped

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    BTW there is a diffrence btween eating healthy and eating to get rpped

Dude isn't that the truth!!!!!!

Just b/c you see someone that is "ripped" or "jacked" or in my case both j/k. Doesnt mean that they are healthy.

In the summer when people really cut up Ithey typically eat a slightly lower then maintenance amount of calories to shred up. Eat just enough carbs to supply their bodies with it's everday functions and some not even that much. Sure you can eat healthy foods but some would say eating your body weight in protein is horrible for you. Some people even eat double that amount. Sure I dont agree that its bad for you when it's serving a purpose but I'm just playing Devils advocate.

The RDA on someone that is my weight (205) is about 70-80 grams of protein a day!!!! That's just slightly higher then what I get in my PWO shake. What a joke

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJames23
    Do one or the other..Don't try to kill two birds with one stone..They are two totally different animals.. Unless you are eating alot of clean clean calories its really hard..

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Where's the test?

Oops wrong forum.

Thread Information