usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Macronutrient Separation - (Sticky Material)

Another very important concept in nutrition intervention is the separation of carbohydrates and fats in the same meal. Although this is a typical meal of the Western diet, the combination of the two is bad news for anyone striving to achieve optimal health and body composition. The rationale behind this advanced approach in nutrition is based on scientific facts yet is explained in simple terms. Let’s take a further look.

Any time one consumes large amounts of carbohydrates, insulin is released from the pancreas in order to transport glucose into the muscle and fat cells (especially the muscle cells). Unfortunately, in the presence of insulin, dietary fat is more likely to be stored as fat on your body and less likely burned for energy as compared to when insulin levels are low. That is, for each level of glucose and fats in the blood, more insulin has to be released to transport them into the muscle cells. So remember when you consume a meal high in fat at this time, the carbohydrates that are in the blood are likely to be shuttled into the fat cells and not into the muscle cells.

Simply stated, by avoiding the combination of carbohydrates and fats within the same meal and concentrating on the meal combinations that we recommend in “Your Personalized Eating Patterns,” you’ll more easily manage insulin levels and as a result may greatly reduce the risk of fat gain, cardiovascular disease, and ultimately type-two diabetes. Remember, building a more lean and toned body is not only about maintaining stable blood levels throughout the day. Rather, the focus should be on limiting insulin spikes only to times of the day when glycogen levels are depleted and your muscles are screaming for repair- namely the hour after exercise as described above in “Post-Workout Nutrition.” Outside of the post-workout window, your body is far less primed to burn fat and build muscle, thereby more likely to store food as fat when the right amounts and right type of nutrients are not consumed at the right times.

for more info visit:
    www.fitnessblueprints.com

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i stick to that hardcore during cutting, but im goin to mix them during bulking and see how my body reacts, then next time i bulk i will do it with seperating the macro's...

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    check put both of our avatars...they look just alike...hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    i stick to that hardcore during cutting, but im goin to mix them during bulking and see how my body reacts, then next time i bulk i will do it with seperating the macro's...

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    So when is the optimal time/times to have your Omegas?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Before Bed

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    or with a pro/fat meal

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    yes i take em b4 bed!with me protein n pb drink!

Thread Information